5.0 out of 5 stars Works really well!
As brilliant as the new dualshock 4 controller is, you're gonna need to charge it regularly. You can charge it using the PS4's supplied USB cable, but this official charging station offers a much more elegant solution. Simply plug it into a mains socket and then click the controllers in place.

I measured the power usage and it draws 4 watts when charging one...
Published 4 months ago by MC

1.0 out of 5 stars Will this ever be available??
I've had this on order since the 10th of December 2013 and am still no nearer to receiving it. What is going on? I know for a fact Sony have made some because they've had them on the highstreet in stores like game from time to time so why can't Amazon fulfil their orders? It's a ridiculous situation. At least let us know WHY you have none in stock and if there is ever any...
Published 2 months ago by M. Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Docking Station!, 4 Dec 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 Charging Station (PS4) (Accessory)
Arrived today in the post and quite glad that I got it for 25 (I had the last 1 in stock from Amazon so it said on the site when I ordered) and now it's bumped up to 36.

I firstly pre-ordered the 3rd Party Docking Station which arrived on day of release but turned out to be a bit of plastic so quickly questioned amazon about a refund which they did within a day and then I bought this which actually does what it says.

The design is small, compact and basic, blends in nicely with my PS4 and Sony TV as well as keeps my gaming set-up tidy. Really like the idea of it being powered by the mains instead of through the PS4 as then I don't have supply power through the PS4 just to charge my controllers as if it was, I would of preferred to just buy another charging cable.

It's very simple, you just place your controller into each docking section and the pressure pad connects, lowers and starts charges the controller, when you pick up the controller you don't have to wiggle it about or anything, the pressure pad just lets go and disconnects automatically.

1 thought I had though is they should of made it have a light around the base (similar to the PS4's light to notify it's alive) but only a thought - they controllers light up anyways to let you know they are charging but it would of been a nice addition to make it stand out with the PS4.

Overall, if you have 2+ Controllers I'd advise you to get 1 of these but 25 is the max it's worth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product. Really strudy and weighty which surprised me!, 20 April 2014
I had this on order for quite a while and it was awaiting stock. In the interim, I was half-tempted to buy a third party charging station as the DS4's battery drains much quicker than the DS3 so you are constantly recharging your controllers.

However, I held tight and I was glad I did. Sony are not playing around this generation. The console was presented excellently when I first received that and this was no different. The item was packaged in a really compact way and it was pleasure unwrapping everything.

Now, the item sits atop my table and I just leave it plugged in. When the controller has finished charging the station goes into a standby mode of sorts. I was really happy with the quality of the product and it is a really sturdy, weighty, well-made device.

Thoroughly recommend this product to anyone and would advise to get this item in lieu of any third party alternative. Five smackeroonies *****

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin, 15 Feb 2014
R. French "LANDOR" (UK) - See all my reviews
By far the best DS4 charger. Cant fault it at all. Not cheap but worth it. No more having to connect the DS4 to the PS4 via the USB. Just plug it in to a mains socket and leave it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job, 2 Feb 2014
Controllers drop in nice and easy. Unit stays put when you get the controller and it looks neat and tidy also. I recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Customer, 30 Jan 2014
Mrs. J. C. Nice "bookaholic" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my computer-geek son-in-law who has informed me he is delighted with it! If you are into this sort of thing then he recommends it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, sturdy product. Unfortunately not as good as the PS3 model., 29 Jan 2014
A good quality feel to ore stand means that your controls and the stand feel safe whilst charging. The AC power means that you don't need to worry about losing one of your USB slots on the console. Unfortunately, it doesn't quite measure up to the official dock for the PS3 (the properly official one released in the USA, not the useless 4-gamers one released in the UK). whereas before, you could drop the DS3 into the cradle and it would naturally seat itself on the connectors without issue, now the DS4's can be quite fiddly to slot onto the connecters.

In summary: good dock but, based on past products, Sony could, and should, have done better.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works, 27 Jan 2014
Easy to use and says what it does on the tin. Keeps the controller charged in gaming down time - a must have with the battery charge on these controllers

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 Charging Station (PS4), 26 Jan 2014
R. J. Shaw - See all my reviews
Provides a good alternative to charging controllers via the console, but can be a bit tricky to connect the charging port on controller to port in charging station.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must for any PS4 user, 19 Jan 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Bought this elsewhere as Amazon hasn't had stock for a while.

This charger is a must for any PS4 user. Small, neat and very well built and looks great sat next to the PS4 when you have your controller(s) sat in the cradle.

Not sure how long this takes to charge, but i always dock my controllers after I'm finished playing, so the next time i play I'm ready to go.

One minor criticism is that its sometimes awkward to get these to sit in the cradle, but i wouldn't let that put you off.

So i would recommend this for any PS4 user and over any of the third party alternatives.

5.0 out of 5 stars very tidy, 15 Jan 2014
It charges two controllers very quickly. when not charging you can also use it as a stand to hold your controllers. makes everything neat and tidy.

ARRAY(0xb33724b0)

Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 Charging Station (PS4)
36.99