on 19 February 2015
Someone recommended this to me after I saw their travel video. Like me, he has a Panasonic GX7 which has a tiltable viewfinder. If you mount the GX7 on to this tripod and then adjust it so that it rests against your body, you can get stability and look through the tiltable viewfinder to compose your shots.

The tripod itself has a very good build quality. Mostly (if not all) metal construction. Good design. You push the red button in to release the ball head and twist it around. Bit less hassle than the joby gorillapod.
on 20 March 2015
Using this to put my Canon EOS 400D on for photographing items in a lightbox on my dining room table. Can't use heavier lenses with it but works just fine with my Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 EX DC on it.
on 3 March 2016
I managed to bag this little tripod for £13.99, then saw it a few days later in a high-street camera shop for £24.95, so I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself. I notice that the price today on Amazon has reverted to £20.00, but I would have to say that even at that price its worth it, and I plan to get another.

I'm a big fan of Manfrotto gear in general, and this tripod exhibits many of the attributes that draw me to the brand again and again. Not only does this little tripod comfortably hold a Canon 5D MkIII (with a decent chunk of glass on it), it doesn't significantly add to the overall weight and bulk, is quick and simple to open and looks good whilst it works.

So far, I've used it with my DSLR. for desktop video, and right now its holding an audio recorder. Simply grabbing the legs into the closed position makes for a study handle, and the clever push-button ball head adjustment really couldn't be simpler.

If you want adjustable leg height, its quite a step up in price to the £45, two-section version but if you can live with the fixed height you can't really go wrong!

Fourteen quid? Get in!
on 30 December 2013
I took this on my holidays as a small tripod to carry round just incase i needed one. It worked fantastically. It's got a nice locking mechanism and is very stable.

Just wish it had a quick release istead of a screw on.
on 12 December 2015
Decent portable/table tripod. You can attach a small camera or a GoPro or a speedlite on it. It can not take the weight of a DSLR though. It does work perfectly fine with a mirrorless system which is smaller in size.

The best thing in this tripod vs a GorrilaPod is that this has a ball head which makes it easier to compose a picture.

Not that expensive either.
on 26 December 2014
The Manfrotto PIXI mini-tripod is an ergonomic triumph considering its small size. At first I doubted the tiny button-release and locking device, believing that diminution had been carried too far. It took a little trial and error to perfect camera adjustment, mainly mastering the thumb pressure needed to release the head lock. But now it is quick and instinctive. Its scope of alignment is limited by its intrinsic size and design. For example, when used with conventional compact cameras, you are limited to landscape orientation. I use it mainly for modest alignment and stability, which is the greatest requirement.

The shapely yet slender swing-out legs are cleverly designed for function, storage and aesthetics. It is already my travel companion of choice, enabling me to take excellent pictures with a sharpness not always attainable with make-do hand-held operation. I thoroughly recommend this highly useful accessory, one which is more likely to be taken away on holiday rather than left behind. It should be high on the list of desirable photographic accessories.
on 2 October 2015
Following fairly extensive web research, on Amazon and other sites, I eventually plumped for the Manfroffo PIXI for a recent trip abroad; a lightweight travelling companion for my Pentax DSLR and an alternative to my usual Manfrotto tripod which stayed at home.

In the event, I didn't use it. Venice, teeming as it is with other tourists, offers few opportunities to set up a table tripod where it wouldn't be sent flying by the unguarded swipe of a dozen selfie sticks.

However, it did prove its worth in helping to capture the recent Lunar Eclipse and Blood Moon.

The PIXI is a beautifully crafted, predominantly metal object, solidly built but fairly light in weight and it comfortably supports my DSLR with a 50-200mm lens on it. The push-button lock is simple to use and grips the ball-head tenaciously. The rubber feet offer good stability on smooth surfaces - like my bedroom window-ledge. It adds negligible weight to my camera bag in which it's now a permanent resident and I can see it being a very useful bit of kit.
on 28 March 2015
Have really been using this a lot since receiving it,watch out though,little pads on feet prone to come unstuck and fall off
on 4 November 2014
Manfrotto are known for making extremely robust and well designed tripods. This may not be the smallest or lightest of small tripods but it is certainly the best I have ever owned. It is quite small enough for suitcase or carry-on bag and has a very good and positive universal joint held by friction and operated by the red button. Highly recommended.
on 15 February 2016
Used this tripod with my DSLR whilst photographing the Northern Lights. It survived and helped me take amazing photos through -11 temperatures and 20mph winds whilst resting on a snowy rock by sea!! The legs have great grip and the ball socket is so manoeuvrable and easy to use, great piece of kit that can even be carried in your pocket.