on 29 May 2014
First off, I would like to talk about the cons:

For the price, it is more of a luxury then a necessity when you think about its function. Four bits of plastic put together in a fairly high quality manner, but with that being said and under closer inspection, there is evidence of bubbling in the joins. This, however, is not really noticeable unless you are within very close proximity.

Despite being quite sturdy in construction there is a chance of toppling if knocked (this is somewhat rare though!), so just a word of warning to those who have limited desktop space. I did at one stage resort to bluetacking the base down, which somewhat upset the elegance but after upgrading my desk it is no longer a problem.

So now lets talk about the pros:

The stand came quickly and very well packaged! This stand is very elegant and does function well if its set up correctly. It currently holds my Studio Beats, as I was sick of leaving them on my desk and constantly bashing them about. People have told me that the 'Z' design and transparent nature is unique and very attractive (which I already knew!), and I did catch my flatmate (who slated them for price to resource ratio) looking through the various models provided by Brainwavz later that day!

Overall, I would recommend this stand, just be wary of the weight of the headphones you put on them, and their location!
on 11 November 2014
This Brainwavz Quartz Headphone Stand works; the headphone balance on top of the stand, and the design looks great and works well.

There really is not a ton to say about it - lightweight, just the right height, and does not take up too much space. The only recommendation that I would ask the manufacturer to consider would be to add a cradling curve to the top instead of leaving it dead flat... a cradle design would add a little support to the headphones-to-stand seating, helping to strengthen the pairing.

Only other question I have is about the picture that the seller uses in the listing... are those beats headphones in the pictures? Brainwavz make some great headphones, so that seems a curiosity.

Brainwavz generally provides their items with one year manufacturer's warranty, though I did not find information on this stand. If an issue arises I will return here to update the review and let you know what the issue was and how resolution was handled. We did receive this headphone stand gratis from the manufacturer and have put it to use in order to objectively see how well it worked. My statements here reflect that testing.

If you are looking for simple, easy-to-use, nicely designed headphone stand of this size, style, design and price, for use similar to what I have described above, then we recommend giving this stand a try based on our experience with it.

Recommended. Go for it.
on 29 January 2014
I bought one of these and a Peridot stand from the same company. This is slightly smaller and less sturdier than the Peridot, which is a solid bit of kit, but this one looks smart, is strong enough for the job and is great for small to medium headphones.
on 22 December 2015
Having looked at several a few optons, I liked the design of the Brainwavz stands. As I have AKG701 Quincy Jones headphones, I was looking for a stand which was well balanced and this model does the job.
on 12 March 2016
Very stylish product, feels solid and quality. Only complaint is when hanging headphones on it they will likely touch off the part of the stand which turns inwards half way down.. this isnt ideal design and may eventually lead to a scratch on your headset.. but for quality of build alone I will award this product 4 stars
on 25 April 2014
For the money, you get a very capable and very good looking stand that will probably adapt to any sort of environment you put it in.

If you're on the fence, just put your mind to rest and buy it... you probably wont regret it.
on 27 December 2013
Arrived ok, looks good but slides about all over the place, should have been made with a non-slip base.
But apart from that it's ok!
on 29 June 2014
The Brainwavz Stand is great, well designed and made and nice to look at... One thing that would made it better for PC gamers would be pre drilled or came already made with a White LED to light it up
on 6 May 2014
+ Better build than I was expecting, looks alright, works like advertised.
- Slips around a bit, the top part that the headband of headphones rest on is too short.

Would recommend.
on 29 December 2015
Right height and weight to keep a heavy AKG K550 stable and well presented. I bought this 2 years ago and is still as new

See one answered question