I have quite a few cards including a few Extreme 45 MB/s cards, Lexar Pro 600x and various other makers (PNY, Sony, Fuji)
This is a new "Plus" range sitting between the normal Extreme range and the Extreme Pro

Write speeds came in at around 60MB/s on an internal and external USB 3.0 reader, that's pretty close to the claimed specification by the maker. I clocked the Ultra 45MB/s at abuot 43-44MB/s writing which is still quite fast, but you're getting around 15MB/s extra write speed on this newer Ultra + card.

You can benchmark these cards all day long on a pc, but out in the real world the peformance is very close with this and the 95MB/s Pro. This indicates that many cameras simply can't write above a certain speed (even UHS-I compliant ones)
Do bear in mind testing on a computer with a card reader can vary depending on OS, card reader etc. And different cameras can vary in terms of buffer clearing time (some being better than others)

There isn't much of a difference of any significance in real world shooting Extreme Plus v Extreme Pro. And you get the same tougher card (shock proof, freeze proof, waterproof, etc etc) Buffer clearing times are pretty close, on the cameras I tested it on. The Extreme pro is fast, but not hugely so

It's certainly quicker than the extreme 45MB/s card which is a good cheaper option (and fast enough for many users still a fast card I get around 40-MB/s write speeds on this far quicker in camera than many rivals ie the Sony 94MB/s which is fast reading but not as fast writing - 39MB/s or so a touch below the SanDisk 45 MB/s card ) If you want speed and reasonable value this is clearly the best place to go. Even if you don't have a UHS-I camera right now, you might do later on (and this works in all devices even non UHS-I ones), well worth investing in at least one really fast card.

Update 05/06/14
I've uploaded a video showing a card test with the 45MB/s 80MB/s and a normal class 10 card, showing real world buffer clearing times.
77 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 April 2014
I got these for the Nikon D7000 and I am pleased to say they are effective and fast-writing memory cards. Recommended particularly if you like to take many shots in quick succession and also if you like to shoot RAW. For less demanding users, the lower priced SanDisk Ultra 16GB SDHC UHS-I Class 10 Card - Frustration Free Packaging might be all you need, whilst more demanding users will perhaps be happy to splash out on the Sandisk 16GB SDHC SD UHS-1 Extreme Class 10 HD Video Hi Definition Memory Card 45MB/s. or you can pull out all the stops and go for the SanDisk SDSDXPA-016G-X46 16GB Extreme Pro UHS-I SDHC Memory Card. However, you should be aware that a faster memory card will only meet/match the best of what your camera can do, so lesser cameras will not benefit from a top performing memory card. That is why I went for this particular card under review - it offers a fast performance, but it's not more than I was prepared to pay. If you have a simple point and shoot, then you certainly don't need a high performance memory card for normal use and you would be wasting your money in going overboard. Higher performance memory cards are useful for higher quality video and continuous shooting for sports using a DSLR. Of course, you could research this more than I have and come to a very educated, scientific conclusion if you want to compare all the facts and figures. Suffice to say, I was happy to choose this particular model as a compromise between cost and high performance. Whatever you decide, I think that Sandisk cards are the best and the only brand I use.
on 13 December 2013
I believe this to be a good quality SD card, but since this is supposed to be a faster version that's what I'd like to compare.
I have two almost identical 32GB Sandisk Extreme cards - this new one with 80GB/s transfer rate, and a previous one with 45GB/s transfer rate.

I just got my first DSLR and thought I'd get a faster card to cope with high speed bursts, but I find that it doesn't make any difference.

In my tests with a Canon 70D, holding the shutter down for a period of time I get the exact same number of shots with both cards - 34 shots in 15 seconds, for example. 14 shots are taken at high speed in the first couple of seconds, then the camera buffers and needs to write to the SD card before the next shot is taken. After the first couple of seconds the (slower) rate seems pretty consistent (and comparable) for the remainder of the test with both of these cards.

For comparison I have another unbranded 32GB SD-HC card (micro SD using an adaptor) which is also labelled as class 10, but this only managed 24 shots in the same test. The 2 second burst speed is the same (as this is dependent on the camera) but the follow-up shots after that are less consistent.

My conclusion is that once you get to a card with a decent transfer rate the rate seems to be capped by the camera rather than the card.

If you have a camera which is capable of writing faster then the faster card may be beneficial, but in my tests with the 70D the 45GB/s Sandisk card performs just as well as the 80GB/s card, and in future I'll save my money (but I would pick a good brand like Sandisk).
33 comments|39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 September 2013
This is the card that Fujifilm recommends for their HS50EXR camera, apart from their own make that is. My camera is a 16.2 megapixel and so far this memory card saves multiple pictures using the continuous shooting burst mode very quickly. I haven't tested it fully yet but so far I am extremely pleased with this extreme 80 MB speed memory card. And it was a great price too at £17.02.
on 27 June 2014
For SanDisk Extreme 32 GB SDHC, as is the usual case these days, manufacturer only stated the read speed of 80MB/s while the writing speed is 60MB/s, a bit slower but still sufficient even for the quickest gadgets, such as professional cameras or full HD recording devices.

What was good to learn is that from the several benchmarks I've performed, this SanDisk Extreme 32 GB SDHC, which is by older rating system rated Class 10 or by newer rating system UHS-1 manages to deliver the promised read and write 80MB/s - 60MB/s speeds.

Make sure to check if you are not able to achieve such speeds that you are using USB 3.0 port (available as additional PCI card or notebook adapter) and/or that your recording equipment supports UHS bus interface. Therefore make sure to check are these requirements fulfilled in order to get most from this card.

This card such as all the SanDisk Extreme cards comes bundled with RescuePro Deluxe, useful software that will be handy in case of need to recover accidentally deleted data on your card.

SanDisk Extreme 32 GB SDHC is one of the recommended solutions if you are searching for Class 10/ UHS-1 SDHC card under $40. Therefore I hope you will found this information helpful for deciding which card among the numerous ones to choose.
on 19 June 2014
Another product from SanDisk, and it does not fail to impress. I have couple of Extreme Pro SDXC cards, and I love their durability factors. But Extreme Pro maximum size was 64GB, and Extreme 128GB cards were not waterproof or had other durability features.

This Extreme PLUS model has all the durability factor, and the speed is good, though not as fast as the Extreme Pro model. But the pricing is better than Extreme Pro, and the speed is in between Extreme Pro and Extreme series.

Once bought, checked it against SanDisk website to ensure it is genuine, then took it through copying and moving data to it. Then formatted it from my camera (Nikon D800E), and used twice with another CF card in camera in backup mode. No issues so far.
on 17 November 2015
I have used this card quite a lot since I bought it, using both low end consumer cameras, and high end professional television cameras. I can safely say it works well with both!

I'm a film student, so a good reliable card that is fast, reliable and not likely to corrupt everything, is always nice.

The product comes in the normal packaging you would get if you buy it off the shelf, nothing different here. The cards itself come with a case each, and all the basic features of an sd card such as the media lock switch, which has no real use unless you are using a high end camera, which accepts 2 sd cards, and you don't want to write on one so you flip the switch to make sure.

The cards are advertised at a storage size of 16 GB, When placed into a computer it comes up as being 14.8 GB (this is normal for storage devices) and when I ran a test using h2testw, it came back saying it was around 15gb. This means it is a good sd card, and that the storage is accurate.

In my use of this card, I found it to be very good and fast. There where no issues with the card, and it worked in many different cameras of different classes, such as a Panasonic handycam, and then a JVC camera used for television shows. The card worked well with both cameras.

Pro's;
-fast write and read speeds
-good amount of storage for the price
-reliable, have not had a problem yet

Con's;
-None so far (will edit if any arise but unlikely)

NOTE
Not all cameras accept certain types of cards. This card is an SDHD card. some cameras only accept these cards, and wont work with others (e.g. sdxc) so make sure you check your camera's manual before you buy any cards!!!

Note:
This review is personal, the product was bought at full retail price by myself, and there has been no external imput by any 3rd party companies/organisations!

I hope this helped!
review image
I'm a huge user of Sandisk cards;with labeled and archived SD and Cf vacation cards going back a decade now. I am a sandisk fan because they always work in huge swings of weather and have generally delivered on the performance they quote. Those times I have ended up with a third party card I have sometimes found they fall short of their claims. Sandisk also make their cards weather and waterproof; never dropped one in the ocean but often move through big swings in humidity and tropical rain so even if my bag gets soaked the card should still be fine - and should I ever get problems sandisk include their card recovery software that will try and find lost images on cards.

With a eye on the enormous image sizes of the latest cameras in 2015; I decided I wanted a 128gb card. My choices then fell to which one of the extreme's to choose; plus or pro with an eye on my wallet I went for the slightly faster than my camera's card socket Extreme Plus.

Diligently testing it I put my camera on a tripod and grabbed last years extreme 64gb card; and did a buffer write and read test with my 6d and Lexar USB3. In the camera the theoretical faster write speed didn't result in any extra photos over the extreme card (both averaged out with a respectable 120 shots in a minute.) Reading back those 120 (raw) shots the extreme plus was over 3 times faster than the extreme - the 2gb of images took 35seconds on the Extreme Plus and 113 seconds on the standard Extreme. Writing files back to the card over the Lexar reader was a similar result with the extreme plus coming in twice as fast at writing.

The benefits of this card are going to boil down to what you want to use it for; if you are shooting videos all day or running a high speed camera full tilt on burst mode it is built for you. On my 6d after formatting the card says it holds 4614 20 megapixel raw and if I'm reading it right over 12 hours of full hd video. For my lower res camera its definitely a bit of overkill; I'm unlikely to need over 4 and a half thousand shots in a day; though editing the images will be starter quicker thanks to the blistering read speed when i get it onto my notebook. My rating for my camera its 4*; I could have taken the slightly cheaper extreme card and been fine; somewhere there is a 5dr with my name on it though and at that point it will be 5*
on 23 April 2014
Bought the card direct from Amazon and received a genuine SanDisk product, as expected. Fitted the card into my Nikon P7000 and it works fine; probably a faster card than the camera needs, but it was a decent price and its always better to have a higher spec than a lower one. Very happy and happily recommend the card.
on 1 December 2014
Ordered two cards, both jammed in my camera, could only extract them with difficulty. Other SanDisk cards work fine so not the camera. I have used SanDisk cards exclusively for years so this is extremely disappointing. Returned them for refund.