5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!!!
Published 17 months ago by mattholmes

3.0 out of 5 stars Very deep, not enough contrast for my taste
Published 17 months ago by R. Pearson

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!!!, 16 July 2013
This review is from: Balance Presents Guy J (Audio CD)
Guy J is one of the most talented djs/producer's around and this has been the case for a few years now bringing his beautiful unique style of progressive house and seamless mixing to dancefloors all over the world! here we have a dj mix of other people's tunes but every single track a guy J remix or edit........ And believe me it's impressive!!! For any fan of real underground progressive house this is a must have!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent deep mix, 18 Aug 2013
T. Spencer (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Balance Presents Guy J (Audio CD)
As every other review has so far stated, if you like deep, proggy, techy music that you can nod your head to and get truly lost in, then it doesn't get much better than this. There was one negative I picked up from one reviewer, who said he felt there was not quite enough variety. After a few listens, I did agree with this view. I was left feeling as though there should be more. Balance releases normally have at least 2 CDs, so maybe that's why.

I felt as though a second, maybe slightly more uptempo mix would've rounded off the package nicely. There's a couple of stand out tracks which really got me dancing (by Echomen and Way Out West) and the dreamy opening track, whilst it has no beats, is one of my favourites on the mix. Whilst it's a must-buy for any Guy J fan, as a stand alone CD, it's definitely not a classic in my opinion and won't get too many plays in months to come. But not everything needs to have "timeless classic" status, so I say just buy it and enjoy it, you won't regret it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Very deep, not enough contrast for my taste, 26 July 2013
R. Pearson "Robotperson" (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Balance Presents Guy J (Audio CD)
I'm a big fan of Guy J and listen to everything I can get my hands on. Check his site for free mixes. But after maybe half a dozen listens I can't help feeling underwhelmed by this. When it ended for the first time I thought 'is that it?'. I was waiting for some sort of build up, maybe one or two bigger tunes. Another 15 mins. It's not like it's not long enough ... I just hadn't noticed. And for a rare mix that I've paid for, that's ever so slightly disappointing.

There's no doubt it's deep, and at times it reminded me of Digweed's Apollo Vibes Global Underground, but there's just not enough contrast in it for my tastes. I don't believe that in years to come this will be regarded as a classic.

Sorry Guy, I really do love your stuff. Three stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect example of how mix cds should be!, 18 July 2013
P.Menelaou (Limassol, Cyprus) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Balance Presents Guy J (Audio CD)
I wasn't expecting it to be so deep! From the very first track you get drawn into the hypnotic vocals and melodies. Just one flaw: the fourth track seems a bit out of place with it's techy vocals. Anyway, it's really great to see some older tracks being updated too, especially Webster's remix of Waitin', which now sounds clearer than ever. And after Waitin', a big ambient brake with Dactilar's 'Day One'. And when the beat drops, after 5 minutes of pure heaven, all my worries melt away! But the mix continues to stun: high quality vocals from Echomen's 'Perpetual' and very deep bass from Guy Mantzur's track.

All edits and remixes are just perfect and all tracks blend with each other very well. A timeless mix with quality music and a magnificent finale! One of the best Balance releases, if not the best!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Balance Presents Guy J (Audio CD)
I don't really write reviews but this CD has to be the best Dance DJ CD I have bought. Deep/Progressive House doesn't get any better than this. A seamless mix - each track just washes over you in beautiful melodious waves. Some mixes can be hit and miss but with this CD each track is a wonder. Like another review here my only criticism is that I wanted more - another CD in the pack would have been great.

4.0 out of 5 stars good but expected better, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Balance Presents Guy J (Audio CD)
This is a very good mix comp and any guy j fan should have it in the cabinet.....I just felt like in had heard better mixed from guy over the past few years and when I saw him live also..there are some gems in here however and I do listen to it regularly.......it just doesn't lift the hairs on my neck like I thought it would!.....apart from guys remix if echomens perpetual

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 24 Oct 2013
A Johnston (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Balance Presents Guy J (Audio CD)
As far as Im concerned Guy J can do no wrong. He's progressive without being too boring. His sets chug along lovely and are well programmed. This album is as good winding down to, as it is in the car or getting ready for a night out. If you get the chance check out some of his live sets available on the internet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Guy j on fire again, 9 Aug 2013
This review is from: Balance Presents Guy J (Audio CD)
Once again guy j provides a flawless and inspiring cd here for the balance issue.from the start to end the man oozes class with a taste of fresh tracks re edited and tweaked in the style that guy is unique for.all put together so smooth ive already listened to it many times.without a doubt guy j has become one of my faves over the last couple of years and this cd showcases yet again why he is so in demand.awesome

Balance Presents Guy J
Balance Presents Guy J by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2013)