Format: Video Game|Change

on 31 October 2013
I panicked after reading some early reviews about all the freezing etc as we had pre ordered this for my son's 6th birthday the following week. He is Skylanders mad, despite never having the Giants or Spyro games, so I was horrified at the thought of him being disappointed on his big day. I followed previous advice about keeping the portal away from the console, and our portal is kept in the alcove so there is a brick wall between it and the Wii. It works perfectly, not one single issue. My son is totally made up with it, and my 3 year old also plays with the Skylanders too like action figures! The story mode in 2-player is great as it teaches them to work together as a team and solve problems. I can't compare it to the previous games, but I am impressed with this and very glad we bought it for one happy little boy!
11 comment|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 October 2013
I bought this game for my sons 8th Birthday. He absolutely loves it. When he first started playing on it the game kept freezing and making this loud noise. So I did a web search and someone suggested keeping the portal at a distance from the Wii and straightening out the wires. We did this and the game no longer freezes at all or makes loud sounds. I'm assuming it was interference, because we had it too close to the Wii. Now he has lots of fun and loves the fact he can swap the characters to give them different powers. I would highly recommend this game.
on 29 March 2014
My six year old has autism and loves sky landers . He was was desperate for it and was very happy when he got it for Christmas he was also happy he can use his normal sky landers on the portal too
on 18 November 2013
As always the delivery was on time and the game in perfect condition. My kid loved the game and already asked for more action figures.
on 8 January 2014
My 10 year old son loves the new swap force. Old his 'giant' characters still can be played on it. A little disappointed though that not all the new 'swap force' characters can actually 'swap'. Be careful when you buy extra characters that they do swap.. As not all do which you would assume they would being called 'swap force' !!
on 29 January 2014
This was ordered as part of a Christmas present and my daughter loves-it so much that we now need to buy more characters. Thank you.
on 8 February 2014
Bought for my daughter she thinks it's great, best price too and she can use her old skylanders with it
on 2 February 2014
great service as ever and a top game my lad has them all in the series and i like the wired portal too no chip to lose like we had with the first installment of the game
on 21 October 2014
Great little game, Activision have us adult's like gimp's ofc my child has the other's and other chaacter's she collect's them lol same type of game Dungeon crawl My daughter is 10 she play's it on the hardest level and find's it easy, unlike the other half lol. It's not too hard for the generic type of hack slash cast dungeon crawler where you can gain xp on your character's Good kid fun for all age's. Great on a rainy boring weekend.
on 26 November 2013
Contrary to other buyers' comments, this seems to work perfectly for us. My 7 year old adores Skylanders and the swappable figures are the envy of his pals!