5.0 out of 5 stars Eye Solar Light
We wanted an easy to install solar-powered light to illuminate the car park thus helping our clients during the darker evenings without the hassle and expense of running mains leads to a floodlight and sensor.
Published 11 months ago by manningsliveries

1.0 out of 5 stars Another failed product from the Solar Centre
This is the third(and most expensive) light I have purchased from these people (all described as weatherproof). They aren't. After 5 months water had entered the LED array and penetrated the connectors and the PIR unit failed because insects got in through the back and damaged the electronics. I don't think they test their stuff properly and I'd avoid it.
Published 4 months ago by christopher pollock

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye Solar Light, 10 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Solar Centre Eye Solar Security Light (Garden & Outdoors)
The Eye Solar was easy to install and with the extended cables allowed us to mount the lamp and sensor facing West but the solar panel facing South thus giving it maximum charging time. The LED lamp is bright enough to illuminate the car park and the adjustable timer allows us to ensure that it is on for neither too short nor too long a period. Overall an excellent purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase., 11 Sep 2013
I had bought several solar products from Solar Centre already which I was very pleased with so was very interested when I saw this light. The light was packaged well and delivered on time. My husband found it very easy to mount on our outside wall and easy to set up also. Its SO BRIGHT! excellent value for a solar light. You can also set the time that the light stays on for, which gives us enough time to exit our car, lock it and see clearly to the house, which is what we wanted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finger lookin' good, 28 Aug 2013
I ordered the Solar Centre eye because the lamp unit could be mounted to floodlight the garden, with the sensor placed on the garage wall approaching the garden. The solar panel is elsewhere, attached to an upper floor dormer and angled at the sun but reachable from the window for periodic cleaning. Imagine the tedium of getting out the ladders every year to do this.

Unlike most of these lamps, which turn off in seconds, this eye has been set to stay lit for 10 minutes, long enough to give the dog a brief turn round the lawn before bed (dogbed) time, or to bring in the washing without needing braille clothes pegs.

We have not been disappointed. The kit seems well made, with rainproof looking joints and seams. Unlike my previous solar forays, I felt no urge to dismantle it and smear silicon round the joints after taking it out of the box. The instructions are written in your actual English, not by some techie in Guangdong province.

Summer is of course the season when thoughts turn to the sun, and what it can do for us. The real test will be winter; how well will the unit weather? Will the solar panel be able to absorb and store enough energy on short grey winter days to function sufficiently for the long dark evenings ahead? Ask me this in February.

I took the risk of buying this unit before any reviews had been posted because I had heard that the Solar Centre was a reputable and a knowledgeable supplier, not just a box-shifter. This was confirmed for me when I contacted them with a query about setting the timer. They were helpful.

For the money, I suspect this is the best solar light you can buy if you want something with the power of a mains lamp without the expense of an electrician

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity Itself !, 16 Sep 2013
Second purchase of The Solar Centre products. All great value. This item works a treat, very easy to install, gives great illumination and can be adjusted for Lux levels and Time. Son- in -Law bought 2 for his Business Premises and he also is delighted .
Brentwood ,Essex.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally time to lose the electricity cables, 17 Oct 2013
I've had a few previous generation solar lights around the drive and garden and as a general rule it seemed to get darker when they came on!

This new 42 LED light is charging well here in the central belt of Scotland during our ever shortening days and lighting the driveway with a light comparable to a hardwired system when it gets dark.

Two of our neighbours have since bought one which is as good an endorsement as could be hoped.

5.0 out of 5 stars "eye"love it!!, 10 Sep 2013
I first purchased some of your PAVERLIGHTS and I was genuinely surprised at how really bright they were and how long they stayed on for ; (from dusk 'till dawn), so much so that when I saw the "eye" security light for sale I had no hesitation in ordering one and BOY AM I IMPRESSED!! I bought the 45 model which has 42 LED's ,and which I would say, is equal to a similarly sized mains light.It was extremely easy to install (I fitted it completely in about 30 mins. or less) and it is absolutely brilliant in every way! It lights the whole driveway up for around half a minute, although I know it can be set from just a few secs. up to about 10 mins.. It looks good whilst not being overly obtrusive and I am recommending it to all my friends and family! Thanks once again for a great product at a great price! Kind regards,Tony.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous solar security, 11 Sep 2013
This item does just what it says on the specs.It was easy to install with plenty of cable and fixings.I can now see when I get out of the car and also feel safer because it lights up the whole of my car port. I am now ordering more for my shed and patio. I have purchased several items from this site and have never been disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service great product, 23 Sep 2013
The Solar Centre Eye Solar Security Light
I connected up the eye (very easy to do) on a totally overcast afternoon - quite dark clouds, no sign of the sun at all. I read the very easy to follow instructions about setting the time the light would be on for and how dark it would be when the light would come on. But as it was so overcast I wasn't hopeful that it would work that evening. But the "Eye" worked really well that night, exactly as the instructions had said it would. Despite a complete lack of direct sunshine since then, it continues to work well.
I've bought a few lights from the Solar Centre and every time they have delivered the items very quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super bright Solar Led light, 12 Sep 2013
I ordered 2 of these because we have dogs and a large garden. It was time to ditch the mains lights and replace them with these Led Solar Lights. I am certainly not disappointed. They were easy to fit and set up, I like the fact that you can have the sensor and solar panel away from the Light. The digital sensor makes setting up easier, however I would like to have been able to adjust the sensitivity of the sensor. The light is super bright, I have not had any sun for over 3 days yet the light is still very bright. The real test will be in the winter, fingers crossed. I am already considering purchasing another for the front garden. Warning do not look directly at the light, is is amazingly bright

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should have some, 13 Feb 2014
Works well - nicely though out. No more electricity being used in the utility room. Next one will be installed in the hall way, then the landing. Brilliant product in all ways.

The Solar Centre Eye Solar Security Light