Top critical review
8 people found this helpful
I'm a tad disappointed in this product!
on 11 April 2014
I've given this three stars because it's 'okay' but it is verging on the two star 'I don't like it'!!
I had been on the lookout for a new hoover for a while, and when this came along I thought, great, that'll do me nicely. Well, I was a bit wrong on that and wish now that I hadn't bought it. Here are my findings:
- There's no doubt it is powerful, so powerful in fact that it sucks up mats and small carpets so that you have to either switch off the hoover to extract the mat, or stand on the mats while you hoover so that they stay on the floor - not very convenient.
- The floor tool that it comes with is fine, but absolutely rubbish for cleaning carpets with. It will clean your hard floors beautifully and may even hoover a very flat carpet to your satisfaction (but without picking up embedded hairs). However, if you have a thicker carpet at all, it is no good whatsoever. It's difficult to push and, as for picking up pet hairs, well it just doesn't! It rolls loose pet hairs up into long lines of fluff that you have to bend down and pick up!!
- Yes, it's reasonably quiet. I have two cats that hate conventional hoovers, but they will just about tolerate this one, although don't always stay in the same room when I'm using it.
- Yes, it's also reasonably easy to empty and take apart etc.
- Yes, the electrical power cord retracts very well, but on using the hoover today, for some reason the cord retracted all on its own and the hoover flew back towards the electrical socket on the wall, which was a tad unexpected!! I do wonder what will happen if the retractable cord fails to retract one day as there is nowhere else to store it if that does happen.
- Yes, it is quite heavy, but manageable, although I am exhausted after using it because of the floor tool supplied, which makes hoovering harder work than normal.
So now it looks like I will have to go and buy a turbo tool for this item which appears to have a brush roller, which will hopefully be better for hoovering carpets and will make the chore easier. It seems to me that this product is sold with the basic floor tool and all the other more practical brushes are sold as separate items - this is NOT made clear anywhere in the sales pitch for this item.
All in all then, I am disappointed in what should have been an excellent buy. I would urge anyone else to think very carefully about buying one. Had this come with either both of these floor tools or at least the more useful turbo brush one, I would have made the star rating higher.
17.04.14 - I have just seen a new Bosch hoover for sale which is a new 'pro animal' hoover and it comes with two cleaning heads, one of which is a brush type head suitable for picking up animal hair. I am assured by Bosch customer services that this will fit my pro silence hoover so I have ordered a 'pro animal' head in the hope that this will solve my problems.
03.05.14 - I have now used the hoover with the 'pro animal' head a couple of times now and that has eased things a little, but it's still not perfect and I still wish I hadn't bought the hoover. The 'pro animal' head cost me nearly £55 from Bosch which has added considerably to the total cost of the item. I have sent bad feedback to Bosch about their hoover and haven't even had the courtesy of a reply!!