Size: 16 GB|Change

We purchased this for our son as a birthday present. He's had an Ipod Touch for 4 or 5 years and has used it constantly for music, for media and for a variety of apps.

He'd found of late though he was increasingly finding apps that didn't run or didn't run well and also had got to the point where his battery was barely lasting an hour when using the screen.

So we agreed to get him this and he is delighted with it. First impressions are immediately of an upgrade, it is slimmer, lighter and has a noticeably bigger screen. The higher resolution image really shines through on his apps and games , as does the power that allows them to run properly.

We did find that it would no longer work with his Ipod dock but were able to get him a very affordable LUPO 30 Pin to 8 pin adapter which has done the trick and works perfectly.

Overall he's delighted with this and I'm impressed. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade.
22 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 January 2014
Disappointed that iPod camera not available on 16GB Touch 5th Generation not made clear in description/details on product as ordered
44 comments|111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 July 2013
Having only ever owned an iPod nano I decided to get this little device because my old iPod had finally bitten the dust.

So far, I am very impressed! Now, I chose the 16gb as I don't need a rear camera as I have my mobile phone for this (and this is the Galaxy s4 so it's pretty good quality!) I also wasn't bothered about a colour, black and silver is timeless. The iPod has all of the features you'd want for an iPod, apps, music, Siri and the other handy apple features like FaceTime and iMessage. It's all wifi based so most of the features have to be used at home but it's an iPod and not a phone so that's perfectly acceptable.

It's very light, thin and handy to put in a bag or pocket. The headphones it comes with are ok too, much better than the old apple headphones. Be careful though, as if you're new to iPods phones etc you'll need to buy a charger as this only comes with the USB connector. This isn't an issue for us though, with 2 iPads and iPods we had plenty of chargers spare!

10/10.
22 comments|163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 May 2014
Very easy to set up, quick to charge, easy to use, slim and light, handled apps like Instagram, FaceTime with ease. An ipod with added value! Great choice for kids as does most of the things of an iPhone can like iMessage but can't call/text so no chance of running up a big bill.
on 1 April 2014
Bought for my 15 year old daughter who uses it for the usual, music, Facebook, apps and games. She is very pleased with it and would definitely recommend that you buy one.
on 18 March 2014
My son was looking forward so much to get this for his birthday, he loved it, plays games and music on it.
on 31 January 2014
its excellent, the quality of the pictures are amazing. its fast on the update. Slim, light, battery charges quickly, splendifirous
on 26 December 2014
Am devistated bought 2, for my children and discovered on Boxing Day that it doesn't have a front facing camera, unfortunately it now says I cannot return it. Bought iPod 5 touch from the Apple Store and the model comes with a camera front and back, so why are these different??
on 27 March 2014
very good has not put it down since he got it
recommend it highly, easy to use and understand, delivery very quick
on 4 April 2014
Received on time and as described. very good value for money. Simple instructions on use and easily set up and use.