5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than expected!
Published 8 months ago by R. Hall

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible
Bought this for my son. Far too many tiny pieces to put together, terrible instructions, would take about 6 hours to put together in the meantime child gets frustrated as cannot play with it. Instructions are pages and pages and pages long. awful.
Published 10 months ago by Toyreviewer

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than expected!, 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: Character Building Scooby Doo Draculas Castle Playset (Toy)
I must admit I took a chance on this toy based poor reviews I read. I'm glad I took a punt as this is much better than expected and I feel the other reviewers have not done this justice hence my review. I bought this for my son for Christmas and I collect Lego (age 34!) so feel qualified to give an objective review. The box contains 3 large numbered bags each containing several smaller bags of bricks etc. This is a cheap way to get tons of Lego compatible parts. The 4 minifigures are in separate bags in the box followed by a few stickers. Each numbered bag is opened in consecutive order as you progress through the instructions. I have to confess I bought this for my 3 and a half year old as he loves Scooby do, I love Lego, everyone's a winner! I was always going to be the builder and it must have took me around 6 hours or so to build in between fighting off my lad from playing with the toy as I was building it. My 9 year old nephew would have probably struggled to build this on his own, it is big! The instructions are printed onto thick paper and are presented clearly, better than thin paged Lego manuals I have to say. The instruction book took a few moments to work out - it is a different manufacturer to Lego after all, although once you grasp the approach it's straightforward and I only made a few mistakes. Once you get into the flow these instructions are actually better than those made by Lego. Each new step shows the bricks to be laid in their appropriate colours with any previous steps displayed in a light grey. So little room for error if you pay attention.

The quality of the bricks is much better than I expected having seen other toys similar to Lego over the last few years. Many bricks have a tiny white spot on one side and in then centre so the manufacturing process is possibly not as refined as Lego. The bricks were very solid and the quality of the plastic is comparable to Lego for the majority of components. Nothing has fallen apart after my lad was set free to play with it once complete. A few of the more unusual components were a little flimsy such as the spikes on top of the pink towers, these are very thin though and I expect these will go the journey in time. The minifigure quality really surprised me. These were much better than I'd expected with good printing and parts fitting well. The torso is able to rotate so in this respect are actually more versatile than Lego minifigures. They are fractionally taller than Lego minifigures but still offer the potential of interplay. I still prefer Lego minifigures. Overall this is a fantastic set for the price and worth a punt if you are willing to help with the building.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 20 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Woo ! Truly good !, 26 Mar 2014
S. Parkin - See all my reviews
That's an excellent quality toy. Hours of fun.
Nice to complete with the other Scooby Doo toy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as big as I thought but still good, 30 Jan 2014
This was very complicated to put together and took my 11 yr old a whole day to construct...and my 5 yr old about 1/2 hour to dismantle. It looked great built but it was much smaller than I expected it to be. I bought it on discount and very pleased I did not pay the full amount...not worth 50

4.0 out of 5 stars scooby doo, 8 Jan 2014
This was just what I was looking for. It arrived on time as it was a gift for a relative. Woul d buy it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with scoobydoo, 6 Jan 2014
Prompt delivery and happy with product. Lego always a good purchase one that father Christmas got right, well used already

3.0 out of 5 stars personal florist, 1 Jan 2014
I got this for my 6 year old son for Christmas who is a huge lego fan and Scooby doo fan too. He loved the look of it and was very excited to build it but got very bored and frustrated on doing so! Needs lots of adult help and patience. Takes along time to build. For a non Lego make product the quality is better than most other cheaper brands we have built but overall was not very impressed. Some small parts missing(poles from top of castle and from either side of front doors) wondered if anyone else had these missing too?? Also black poles for making prison inside were abit fiddley and he even broke one! wouldn't recommend product for younger child, maybe older or adult fan.

3.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it ... but be prepared for hundreds of bits an adult needs to build !, 29 Dec 2013
it took alot of time to build ... 700 + bits !!
and smaller than expected ..
my six year old thinks its cool tho

1.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to build., 26 Dec 2013
Instructions confusing. Difficult to follow. Not suitable for a 4 year old. Character toys of this nature are very disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great set at a great price!, 11 Aug 2014
Great set at a great price! The quality of the bricks are as good as Lego. Only downside is that most part has a small lighter coloured dot at one side, meaning that you have to turn some bricks to get the dot on the inside so that it doesn't show.

Character Building Scooby Doo Draculas Castle Playset