Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£6.59

on 23 February 2013
Wow! Why is it so quiet about this band? Brilliant, alternative music. Every track is played and sang beautifully! I've heard "Full Circle" on a radio and fell in love with it straight away- I just had to get the full album. Highly recommend!
11 comment11 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 March 2013
Listen.

I am a French-Canadian from Montreal. All the music I ever listened to was from U.K. And I used to pay big bucks for my records, because most albums I bought were imports (Joy Division, Durruti Column, Pale Fountains, Ride, Bloody Valentine and so forth) . So I feel you owe me. You have to buy "Dark Eyes", from this Canadian group that decided to live in my city, Montreal.

To convince yourself that you are doing the right thing, go on youtube, listen to "Full Circle", you'll be hooked. The rest of the album is as good. Just one complain, there's maybe only 38 minutes of music, we could have used more.

Half Moon Run will be big. I tell you, if these guys were Brits, I would buy the import.
on 4 July 2013
I discovered this band with full circle, which is an outstanding song. The rest of the album follows that same emotional flow, which makes it a must buy in my book.
Also, this is a small band which deserves recognition for their soulful talent and I'm sure that any future album will be well worth the wait and the money.
on 4 May 2014
Half Moon Run show so much promise of things to come in the future. Sometimes they remind me of folky rock like Midlake or fleet foxes other times radiohead are called to mind.
For anybody who likes sweet harmonies and interesting guitar music, this is for you.
on 28 May 2013
I fell in love with 'Full Circle' on BBC 6 Music station and the rest of the album did not disappoint, it's excellent. A bit reminiscent of Radio Head in places, and at other times it reminds me slightly of Jeff Buckley, but it's a unique sound with a wonderful vocalist. It's haunting, I have not liked an album so much for a long time.
on 26 April 2014
Half Moon Run have a unique sound, beautiful & at times haunting vocals from Devon, very cleverly crafted songs played effortlessly by the band, with subtle harmonies which suggest this is a very tight band of guys who are expert at executing their skills. Favourite songs? "Unofferable", "Need It" & "Give Up" are my personal favourites, but the whole album is just brilliant. For me I enjoy listening to it the most late at night with headphones on & my eyes closed. Definitely my best buy of this year yet & it'll be very hard to beat.
on 13 January 2015
5 star means yes buy it!!

I give this album a 7/10, a huge score!! This is a clear exercise of 'Great Instrumentation Layout' &'well written lyrics' by the band, note - the instrumentation seems to be the foremost objective here.

The exceptional songs in this album being - 3) `No More Losing The War' is a real cathartic song, slowly burning out, 5) 'Need It' the tempo dragging through the drum, a real pleasure on the ears & 8) 'Drug You' a real drum thumping tune.
on 21 January 2014
I was lucky enough to see Half Moon Run at the Shepherds Bush Empire in Nov'13. I was blow away by their performance. Even though the album seems quite mellow in places, the band played the songs live with a huge amount of energy and emotion. Seeing them live made me appreciate this album even more. There is a great mix of songs, with a broad range of influences from electro-pop to folk music. I'm really excited to see how this band progresses in the future.
on 27 January 2014
This came to our attention after seeing the advert for Assassins 3 at the cinema. We eventually found out the name of the track on the advert (Full Circle) and ordered the C.D. mainly for that. How great to find that not only do we love Full Circle, but each track is equally as good. Highly recommended! (Ordered the soundtrack for Assassins 3 first in error - what a bad and expensive mistake! However Dark Eyes well worth waiting for.)
on 21 July 2015
Have not read other reviews so may be repeating what others have said here. Bought this after listening to a few tracks following an Amazon recommendation. While listening to this CD you could play a game of "Guess the Influences". There are some obvious ones here including Radiohead, Supertramp, Sparks, The Beatles ( Lennon) etc. Standout track is the opener but it is a quality well produced listen from first to last.