Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 23 February 2013
Wow! Why is it so quiet about this band? Brilliant, alternative music. Every track is played and sang beautifully! I've heard "Full Circle" on a radio and fell in love with it straight away- I just had to get the full album. Highly recommend!
on 14 March 2013
Listen.

I am a French-Canadian from Montreal. All the music I ever listened to was from U.K. And I used to pay big bucks for my records, because most albums I bought were imports (Joy Division, Durruti Column, Pale Fountains, Ride, Bloody Valentine and so forth) . So I feel you owe me. You have to buy "Dark Eyes", from this Canadian group that decided to live in my city, Montreal.

To convince yourself that you are doing the right thing, go on youtube, listen to "Full Circle", you'll be hooked. The rest of the album is as good. Just one complain, there's maybe only 38 minutes of music, we could have used more.

Half Moon Run will be big. I tell you, if these guys were Brits, I would buy the import.
on 4 May 2014
Half Moon Run show so much promise of things to come in the future. Sometimes they remind me of folky rock like Midlake or fleet foxes other times radiohead are called to mind.
For anybody who likes sweet harmonies and interesting guitar music, this is for you.
on 28 May 2013
I fell in love with 'Full Circle' on BBC 6 Music station and the rest of the album did not disappoint, it's excellent. A bit reminiscent of Radio Head in places, and at other times it reminds me slightly of Jeff Buckley, but it's a unique sound with a wonderful vocalist. It's haunting, I have not liked an album so much for a long time.
on 21 July 2015
Have not read other reviews so may be repeating what others have said here. Bought this after listening to a few tracks following an Amazon recommendation. While listening to this CD you could play a game of "Guess the Influences". There are some obvious ones here including Radiohead, Supertramp, Sparks, The Beatles ( Lennon) etc. Standout track is the opener but it is a quality well produced listen from first to last.
on 4 July 2013
I discovered this band with full circle, which is an outstanding song. The rest of the album follows that same emotional flow, which makes it a must buy in my book.
Also, this is a small band which deserves recognition for their soulful talent and I'm sure that any future album will be well worth the wait and the money.
on 21 October 2013
I think this album needs a few plays to get into it fully but it then definitely grows on you the more that you hear it. The band have their own unique sound and the songs have an easy mellow sound to them, I first heard them on the radio and liked the songs so bought the album. Would recommend if you fancy something a bit different to listen to.
on 21 October 2013
This cd arrived on time and in excellent condition I first hear this group on you tube and so pleased that your company has enabled me to add this album to my collection.
I would not hesitate to use your services again in the future
on 29 January 2014
Saw them at the Green Man festival 2013. Really good. Came back and the album was not yet available so I had to wait. They are just starting to get uk airpkay via radio 1 in 2014. Worth seeing live. Good cd but slightly over produced as the raw drum sounds live was amazing but it is lost to some extent. Catchy tunes.
on 26 April 2014
Half Moon Run have a unique sound, beautiful & at times haunting vocals from Devon, very cleverly crafted songs played effortlessly by the band, with subtle harmonies which suggest this is a very tight band of guys who are expert at executing their skills. Favourite songs? "Unofferable", "Need It" & "Give Up" are my personal favourites, but the whole album is just brilliant. For me I enjoy listening to it the most late at night with headphones on & my eyes closed. Definitely my best buy of this year yet & it'll be very hard to beat.