5.0 out of 5 stars Geo
A lovely romantic story was really enjoyable all the characters seemed very real and the happy ever after ending was sweet not a very long story but a lovely romantic one.
Published 5 months ago by Geo 28

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok
Yes it was funny at times the story was ok but predictable but like I said it was ok thanks
Published 4 months ago by Robert Mccaffray

4.0 out of 5 stars Confessions of a Chalet Girl, 14 Mar 2014
Miss E. L. Lawless (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Confessions of a Chalet Girl: HarperImpulse Contemporary Romance (A Novella) (Kindle Edition)
An engaging, playful read with just the right balance between romance and erotica. Despite the novella length the characters have great depth; I also loved the switching POVs.

I can't believe this is a freebie at the moment! Amazing! I definitely have to check out the rest of the Chalet Girls series. My friend is going on a mini ski-break weekend with her new tonight and I immediately sent her the Amazon link to this upon finishing it - it will be perfect to read on the plane and get her in the mood - for the skiing and for her husband!! Haha!

5.0 out of 5 stars Geo, 14 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars With romance and passion let the sizzle of the story warm you on a cold night!, 4 Mar 2014
Confessions of a Chalet Girl marks my first delve into the world of Harper Impulse and their titles.

Not really knowing what to expect I started this novella with an open mind and was blown away.
It may be themed around a cold ski resort but the heat from the romance warms not just the heart but also the loins.

Holly Buchanan is working abroad to escape the life she's left behind, but what she doesn't expect is to fall for the handsome Scott, who happens to be her boss!

Firstly, I need to gush over the hotness that is Scott. From the first description of him, I was hoping he would be a big part of the story.
I can't describe why I instantly fell for him but then again, he had the same effect on Holly.

I loved the way the story allowed us to get both Holly and Scott's perspectives, it was obvious there was a spark between them, but to read how they felt in their own words added to the build up of the story and also helped with the likability of the characters especially when I discovered their backstories through their own narratives.

With romance and passion let the sizzle of the story warm you on a cold night!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun,sexy romantic read, 20 Oct 2013
If you fancy a romantic escape to a glamorous picturesque Swiss ski resort Confessions of a Chalet Girl will take you there.

Holly didn't realise public humiliation is a prerequisite of being a chalet girl. Instant empathy with the new girl is established. Has she made a mistake? Maybe not, a sexy man flirts with her the only trouble is Scott is her new boss.

The sexual tension escalates between Holly and Scott as they avoid each other in confined circumstances but when Holly tries to evade an over amorous client on New Year's Eve Scott and Holly share an intimate moment which makes them both want more. Scott doesn't date staff but he is willing to make an exception for Holly. The tension mounts until the inevitable happens.

The plot's interesting twists give this sexy romance its emotional depth. Both Holly and Scott must overcome their inner demons if they want their romantic interlude to last when the snow disappears.
'Confessions of a Chalet Girl' is a fun, romantic, sexy read.

Confessions of a Chalet Girl: HarperImpulse Contemporary Romance Novella

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Girls from the Chalet School, 15 Mar 2014
I very much enjoyed this quick read, but it really is just a Mills and Boon where the author has not met the word count. The male character is straight out of a Mills and Boon but you don't really get a sense of him very much because the book is so short (having said that, you don't get a sense of the male characters in much longer Mills and Boons either). I liked the female character more and with her troubling social background (even though again you don't really get the chance to get much into it because of the length of the book) she is refreshingly different from your average female lead.

The setting is good and I liked Holly's sense of being a fish out of water and just trying to keep her head above it, but much more could have been made of this. There was lots of very steamy action - if you're thinking this might be like "Girls from the Chalet School" - trust me, it ain't.

This is free on kindle at the mo and definitely the best free book I have read from the chart (excluding the classics of course) Got me through a night shift very nicely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Take the chill out of your bones with this hot little read!, 10 Sep 2013
Airam (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Any novel that references a Pushme-Pullyou and used the word acquiescence gets my vote!

A lovely quick read with plenty of nookie to get your knickers fizzing and ready for a romance of your own.

Having never been skiing and no knowledge of chalet life other than my 'posh' friends seasonal snaps and my horrific experience of snowboarding in Leicester (eeek!), I was a little worried that I wouldn't get the terminology or be able to picture the scene clearly but I was wrong... my eyes got frost bite just reading about the snow and my glasses steamed up with the frisky bits. Wooo hooo!

I was cheering on Holly to get her man who I thought was bit of a cocky got at first but hey ain't they all. He was angst ridden, and a lovely bit of rough and ready who I wouldn't mind having a go on my slopes!

All in all a fabulous little Novella. Five stars for making me want to go skiing... well go get drunk in the snow and lose my bra in the bar! (Usual winter antics no matter where I am)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 26 July 2013
Very much enjoyed this book........ was a very great read...... hope there is more books like this to come..... x

5.0 out of 5 stars An avalanche of heat on the slopes!, 24 July 2013
Queen B (Salisbury, Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
Any novel that starts in a bar with a boob flashing challenge for the heroine gets my vote!

Holly is alone as a newbie chalet girl learning the ropes and trying to blend in while she saves up some money. What she doesn't count on is her sexy boss, Scott. He doesn't date staff and she's not looking for a relationship but somehow all this is set aside as passion takes over.

A great holiday read that will make you want to try apres ski if not the full on slalom!

4.0 out of 5 stars More than your average romance novella, 28 Jun 2013
Confessions of a Chalet Girl may be set in the chilly resort of Verbier but it's the perfect summer read to warm you up especially when the climate is more "depths of winter than beach weather!"

This book was not what I was expecting (in a very good way)! It's a quick fun romantic read but with a twist. The characters are facing difficult painful times in their personal lives and that extra dimension really made me care for them. Usually with romance novellas I devour them and forget about them just as quick but I know that this one will stay with me which is a testament to the author and I'm delighted I got a chance to read her work.

Holly, a young English girl has taken a job in an exclusive Ski resort in Switzerland. It was supposed to be a winter escape from the monotony of home life with her best friend but when circumstances change, Holly is left with no choice but to take the job on her own. Holly hasn't had much opportunity for fun lately, her mum's troubled past has coloured her outlook on life and she finds it difficult to let go. I really felt for Holly - I understood her reluctance and fear at the unknown and that need for control to feel safe. When she meets the handsome Scott, who happens to be her boss...sparks fly and Holly has a chance to experience life without regrets.

Scott, at first appears the typical "Romance Cad", handsome, rich, smooth but Wilson adds some unexpected layers to his character and when I found out about his own hidden pain, I couldn't help but sympathise. Holly and Scott are definitely two halves of the same coin and watching as they challenge each other to break down the walls protecting their hearts meant I couldn't help but root for them.

There is of course the steamy bits which are - very pleasant lol and Holly and Scott's chemistry sizzles on the page. I loved the supporting cast from the fun friends to the mean girl and they rounded out the story nicely.

I have ONE complaint about this book...it's too short! I absolutely loved reading about Holly and Scott and was aching to know more. I felt that it was slightly rushed but was surprised how in-depth and realistic Wilson was able to make the story considering it's length.

This is definitely a fun story to enjoy beside the pool, on the train or vegging on the couch. You'll definitely find yourself wishing you could be trudging through the soft white powder for some aprés-ski fun. Now where's the holiday brochure?

4.0 out of 5 stars easy read, 13 July 2014
I did read this book very quickly, I enjoyed the story and the characters. I would recommend this book if you enjoy a easy going romance.