4.0 out of 5 stars IMPORTANT WARNING ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD
I have used Norton AV for years, because I believe that something as important as Anti Virus software has to be updated frequently, and that service costs.
So I want a product that I can trust.
I usually look for special deals about the time my annual subscription is due to expire, and this year the best around seems to be the download from Amazon.
HOWEVER...
Published 16 months ago by Mr. Alan Reilly

1.0 out of 5 stars INVALID PRODUCT KEY
I made the mistake of ordering the download version of Norton Security which has come with an invalid product key!
It would seem from another review that I'm not the only one it's happened to. Amazon have been notified and a refund requested.
UPDATE
Published 15 months ago by J.K

4.0 out of 5 stars IMPORTANT WARNING ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD, 3 Nov. 2013
Mr. Alan Reilly "Als the man" (Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Norton Internet Security 21.0 - 3 Computer, 1 Year Subscription [2014 Edition] [Download] (Software Download)
So I want a product that I can trust.
HOWEVER - when I ran the install, it removed and then re-installed the 2013 version of the software (version 20.nn), instead of the 2014 version (version 21.nn) (look in Help>about to find the version number).
AND it removed my '36 remaining days' left from my previous subscription, and started again at 366 days. ie I lost 36 days subscription which is equivalent of 10% of the value of my old subscription.
SO - Now I still had the old version, set to run for 366 days instead of the new version set to run for 402 days.

HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM. I went to the Norton site and logged into my account where I saw that the 'New' software had been registered from todays date. Next to it is a 'Download' button, and since I had nothing to lose I ran the download again. This time it installed the correct version.
BUT I an still 36 short on my subscription which I doubt i'll get back (I have tried emailing Norton support so I will have to wait for their response)

To sum up.
1 DONT UPDATE YOUR EXISTING NORTON ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE UNTIL THE DAY AFTER IT RUNS OUT OR YOU WILL LOSE OUT.
2 CHECK IN HELP>ABOUT THAT THE CORRECT VERSION HAS ACTUALLY BEEN INSTALLED. IT SHOULD BE 21.SOMETHING

4.0 out of 5 stars Very easy if you already have Norton and a good product, 14 Mar. 2014
TheProf (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I know folks moan about Norton products, calling them bloatware, etc., but I have found NIS to be a pretty stable and reliable product on my Win XP and Win 7 machines - configured correctly it doesn't slow down games or complex apps like video editing suites and it seems to do a decent job at protecting my machines. It's not foolproof, but is any antivirus and firewall 100% foolproof? Combined with occasional use of freeware malwarebytes, NIS has kept my netbook and PCs safe for the last 5 years, although I do backup to be on the safe side. You can use the software in full auto mode or delve into the advanced options and settings if you want to tune it - this can be useful if you run very hardware-intensive games or applications.

Norton's own renewals are rather costly, so I always renew by buying a licence from Amazon. I used to order a boxed product but this is now easier than ever with this download product - Amazon send you a new licence code in the purchase confirmation email. So if you already have NIS installed you can just update the licence from within NIS with the new code and there is no need to download anything from Amazon. In fact, even if you don't already have NIS on your machine, you don't have to download it from Amazon's download link - you can just download from Symantec's NIS web site and then enter the licence key that Amazon sent you. So all in all it took about 5 minutes to renew my licence using this download product - just had to wait for the email from Amazon.

So, to recap - I have found NIS works well on Win XP and Win 7, it can be tailored to suit different users (left on full auto or tweaked), and used within a strategy of occasionally running other scanners like Malwarebytes, it seems to do a good job at keeping a PC safe.

1.0 out of 5 stars INVALID PRODUCT KEY, 2 Dec. 2013
UPDATE
Product key issue resolved, and Norton downloaded, however, instead of a full year of cover I only have 322 days!
I really should have read ALL of the previous reviews, :-(.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgusting ripoff by Amazon, 1 Dec. 2013
Downloaded it and then noticed that I had only 322 days remaining instead of 365. Got in touch with Norton and they advised me that the product key that Amazon had supplied was being used by 3 others users. They (amazon or whoever actually supplied it) are obviously selling the key multiple times. Will be demanding a refund

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect as always, 11 Nov. 2013
I always use Norton for internet security. Never actually had a problem with it. It slows down internet explorer though. If you use chrome, there should be no problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars Conned, 3 Dec. 2013
Installed and only got 320 days of subscription. Contacted Norton to find that my key was already registered in October. It doesn't even update in the V21.0 according to the software. Will be demanding an explanation from Amazon or off to a small claims court.

5.0 out of 5 stars Norton Internet Security 2013, 3 Oct. 2013
Very easy to purchase and download - presume will be up to Norton's usual excellent product as have used before.

5.0 out of 5 stars This worked for me ..., 4 Mar. 2014
Just copy then paste the product key into your existing installation, 366 days renewal within seconds, no need to download the program at all, the best is its much cheaper than the £44 + Norton are asking for from their website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value - Renewal - Don't even need to download, 17 Feb. 2014
My Norton Internet Security had come up for renewal and Amazon digital download was good value for money compared to Norton automatic renewal. Great thing was that I got the product code with the invoice email so I didn't even need to download the software; I just put the new product key into my currently installed Norton.

5.0 out of 5 stars Norton Internet Security, 30 Nov. 2013
Excellent product - easy to download so protection is immediate. I have used the Norton products for a number of years & can't fault them. Definitely a cheaper option than auto-renewing with Symantec (half the price for the same product!).