Published 14 months ago by OMG! It's got a plug!

1.0 out of 5 stars Great product - lousy supplier. Beware of Amazon downloads
Published 11 months ago by Iain Cunningham

5.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward download and installation and first class protection, 8 Oct 2013
OMG! It's got a plug! (Winchester) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Norton 360 21.0 - 3 Computers, 1 Year Subscription (PC) [2014 Edition] [Download] (Software Download)
I bought the download copy of this from Amazon and the downloading and installation on a laptop and a PC were smooth processes. When you make the purchase, you can either download it there and then or leave until later - in Amazon go to Your Account > Your Games and Software Library and the download link and Activation Key are waiting there. When you decide to install it, be sure to copy the Activation Key and then just paste it into the Activation Key box when prompted to enter it. The total download is 172MB and after installation there's a further 200+MB download of updates. It will always update to the latest version when installed.

In addition to AV, Firewall and ID Protection, Norton 360 also offer a Tuneup suite that runs a few very basic PC optimization tasks (clear browsing history, delete temporary files, etc.) and a Backup facility. The Backup facility can either backup files between your own disk drives or back up in Norton's cloud storage. You get 2GB of free cloud storage and you can buy an annual subscription for further cloud storage (up to 50GB for £89.99) should you require it. The Backup suite is let down by the fact that you have to exclude files and folders instead of include them if you elect not to save the complete contents of a drive. Additionally, the 2GB of free storage is much less than that offered by other providers (it's worth remembering that you get 5GB of free storage with Amazon Cloud Drive (not to be confused with Amazon Cloud Player)). If you don't need the Tuneup or Backup suites, I'd suggest buying a cheaper Norton package that doesn't include them.

Although still bloated and resource hungry software, Norton runs unobtrusively in the background and it will do on any modern PC or laptop given the processing power and memory they now possess. It's easily the best commercial protection available and provides first class protection. The download from Amazon and the installation were both straightforward and it cuts out the need for a disc copy - the Download link and Activation Key remain in 'Your Games and Software Library' should you need to reinstall it. Finally, if you already have a copy of Norton 360 installed on your PC, don't install a new copy until your existing subscription is due to expire. Install a new copy before and you'll lose any days remaining on your existing subscription.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - worked a treat for renewal, 18 Sep 2014
Fairy Godmother (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I purchased the download option to be able to renew my current Norton 360 subscription - I just needed the code, and it worked a treat. Basically, another reviewer said, the product appears in your account under Software downloads. Mine took a while to appear there, but when it did the product code was displayed and that was all I needed. To renew directly would have cost me £60 - this way cost me £37, although it is annoying that the download was more expensive than having the disc posted out for £28. So if you already have Norton 360 and want to renew, this is a good way to do it - you just click on renew on your Norton 360 page and select the second option which is to enter a product code. Enter the product code from this Amazon download (no need to actually download anything) and your existing Norton 360 will renew and update - then just run Norton Live Update to get the latest updates. If you are a first time user, I would send for the disc - it is cheaper and from then on it will be easier to renew online, plus you have a disc to reinstall if you mess it up the first time. I wouldn't use anything else - we have used it for years and have two 3 PC licences over four computers (I keep two spare for when I'm doing up computers to sell). The one thing this has over all other Internet security, is the Tune up, which basically removes bad registry entries and it has never failed and is more reliable than other registry cleaners I find. Every time you install or uninstall software, bits get left behind in the registry (especially with Adobe products) and if I have ever had the computer doing weird things, I just run the Tune up, which will clear cookies, temporary files and do a registry scan if selected - and all is fine. Stress-free computing - it is worth every penny and never failed me (although not paying £60!)

1.0 out of 5 stars Great product - lousy supplier. Beware of Amazon downloads, 27 Jan 2014
Bought this on Friday 24th Jan & downloaded on Monday 27th. Could not get the install to work as the activation connection with Norton not working. Spoke with Amazon who refused refund instead said I would have to contact Norton on line. Did this and they were great support BUT informed me my Amazon product was 'An old version' hence the problem with the activiation connection. So thanks amazon for selling me an out dated product and then walking away - last time I trust you with any such download product!
Oh and I have the fact that this was an outdated product from Norton in writing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Important if you already have a norton product, 25 May 2014
M. H. Vangurp (UK) - See all my reviews
I already have Norton 360 and bought this form Amazon because it is cheaper by 50% than the subscription upgrade offered by Norton! Anyway the download went fine until I clicked install. The norton 360 I already had rejected it as an earlier product - this is because the 360 already installed updates daily/hourly so not a problem with the Amazon 360 product. I followed the instructions to remove the version I have but this simply failed to work for reasons beyond my non-expert knowledge! To cut a long story short and after a phone call to Amazon support (approx.10mins) and then Norton support (approx.30 mins) the issue was resolved. The norton guy said that all I had needed to do was put the download product key code when prompted by the renew button!!!!! This however is missing from the instructions from Amazon. I,m sure that Amazon will have some fancy response to this but a very simple clear message attached to the download for people who already have Norton would have saved a lot of hassle. If this was the case then a five star would be recorded because I have never had an issue with Norton and completely trust it for my needs to keep me safe and my computer bug free and running smoothly. I would also add that their online chat support and remote access is worth the additional cost - to me. As it is the stars lost are for Amazons rubbish instructions. I will be using this again next year but only because I now know what to do!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent way to renew Norton 360 for a further year--just use the activation code, do not download the product., 24 Aug 2014
I already had Norton 360 installed, and the renew would have been about £60. I bought this instead for £25, and (as suggested by a previous reviewer) did NOT download it, and instead just put in the activation code that was e-mailed to me by Amazon under "support" and "product key". A one year renewal was added to Norton 360, which I check with my online Norton Account profile. All in all, no fuss, easy to do, and a very large savings compared to the renewal via Norton's web site.

5.0 out of 5 stars Norton 360, 4 Feb 2014
T. Ward (Cornwall UK) - See all my reviews
What can I say. It dose all the tuning, protection and backup stuff, without any problems. It completely saved the day when my C drive failed (no data recoverable from the drive). Do shop around as a new copy will cost half the renewal price on the norton site, and you will just enter the product code in the renew process on your existing software. No need to download or install.

2.0 out of 5 stars ... little unfair as I find Norton 360 an ideal easy to use piece of software and would rate it ..., 10 Nov 2014
This scoring may be a little unfair as I find Norton 360 an ideal easy to use piece of software and would rate it as a 5* product. However, for the first time I decided to buy the download 3 user version (thought I'd do my bit to save the planet) but ended up having a hell of a job loading this on to my 3 machines. I needed on-line support each and every time. The staff were great but it was massively time consuming. The first time I contacted them to tell them I was having difficulties, I was helped step-by-step via remote access through the process and they sent a link to use that would make loading the software onto the 2 other machines a '2 minute doddle'. Of course, this was not the case. When installing Norton on to the second machine, I used the link ant it did indeed take me to where I needed to be but the menu options I had been told to use were not listed. I went back to online support and again, the staff member was great and helped me via remote access, step-by-step through the process. Great!! Machine no. 2 was protected. Again, I was assured that all was sorted and the 3rd and final machine would be 'so simple and straight forward'. Guess What???? NO IT WASN'T!!! Had to get online support to help me step-by-step via remote access and it was at this point we realised that the problem all boiled down to the fact that the email I registered at the time of purchase, contained one mis-typed digit too many. The email address Norton held as a contact for me did not match the purchase email I had entered. As this was only discovered whilst working on the 3rd machine - there was not point in changing it. Two things . . . 1. If you purchase the download version, be very careful when entering registration details and 2. I am going to go back to buying the disc - the planet will just have to take it on the chin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheapest way to get a year's subscription to Norton 360, 1 Oct 2014
This is by far the cheapest and easiest method of renewing the yearly subscription if you are happy with the software in the first place. Here's how to do it hassle free:
Buy it through Amazon at less than half the price Norton are charging as a digital download (don't buy the disc format, it's a waste of time). Do not download or install anything (you already have the product on your PC/Laptop - You just need the licence for a years worth of protection/updates). Click 'download at a later time'. Now go to your product overview in your Amazon account. There you will find a tab saying 'get product key'. Write it down.
Now, open Norton 360 you already have on your desktop. If it was anything like mine, it will show red boxes saying you're not protected. Click 'Renew Subscription'. The following tab has a 'use activation code/product key' somewhere within it. Click that. Type in what you're written down within your Amazon account.... And there you go, a year's subscription for less than £30!

4.0 out of 5 stars Norton - windows 8.1, 23 Jun 2014
I have always used Norton products as I find them really good value and they do offer very good protection. However I did run into problems getting it to work with windows 8.1. Norton's online chat helpline was brilliant, customer service could not have been better. They managed to get mine sorted and up and running with no further problems, loading it onto another laptop which is running with Vista was really easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 24 Feb 2014
Whats to say? It works, as you would expect, and it does not slow things down as Norton products once had a reputation of doing.