Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£2.07

on 29 June 2013
A live in the studio style EP featuring acoustic versions of upcoming tracks from the Editors new album The Weight Of Your Love'.

A Ton of Love works well as mandolin led piece and it nice to see a broader interpretation of 'acoustic' than just guitars. The repeated crys of 'desire, desire' over the chug of the mandolin rhythm makes it a great opener. The track Nothing brings in a guitar rhythm to complement the mandolin and evokes sunsets and celebration for a heartfelt love song. The Phone Book is my favourite track and it brings in a darker sounding acoustic guitar figure for a song that talks about fear of loneliness, and features with great little acoustic solo.

My only criticism is that the vocals on this recording sound a bit muddy, especially if you are listening on cheap ear buds. You need listen on proper speakers or better headphones to make out the lyrics properly. These are definitely demos/bonus tracks rather than polished end product, but if you like the Editors (or wonder if you might like them) why not give it a try.
on 24 July 2013
Editors can do no wrong in my opinion. Great live tracks... and it's free! Who could complain? Go and listen.
on 10 August 2013
I bought this because it was free and I had bought the previous two Editor albums. I am not impressed, and won't be buying their new album if this is anything to go by. I found it rather dull and uninteresting. A long way away from smokers outside the hospital doors.
on 13 August 2013
I've seen the band a couple of times and loved the first two albums, but the third album not so much and this EP was OK but didn't float my boat. However, it was free and will be interesting to hear the rest of the album I guess?
on 15 August 2013
Played this a lot going to see them live in Edinburgh soon. Great its on MP3 too automatically now so can listen on my phone as well without having to export etc.
on 21 September 2013
Amazing the Editors are a fab band- the sound is so different I adore the way they sound. This is perfect, I must have listened to it hundred times
on 10 August 2013
Editors continue to evolve, new line up, new production, new mix of music. Some of it more easily accessible but still worth listening to.
on 6 July 2013
Most songs are better live and this is no exception I could not listen to an entire CD but this was a good track.
Karrie
on 27 July 2013
Really good first time I have heard the Editors live, I'll have to go to one of their concerts and see them live.
on 29 September 2015
Striking guitar music but I found the voice underwhelming. Didn't really appeal to me as the guitar took over.