on 20 July 2013
4.5 Stars

I received an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Before Now is Park Reed story whom I had just (due to some small OCD traits that I have ☺) read about in Sometime Never. If you read my review on, Sometime Never you will understand this statement

I wasn't much a fan of Park Reed after reading Sometime Never, yes yes he may have been hot and sexy, and I did feel sorry for him but he had basically been a shit who had annoyed me by the end of the story. So I really wasn't expecting my feeling to change but after reading this one they did.

Park in destructive mode the heartbreak of a previous relationship has left him with a few issues and demons. He lives by his set of `life lesson' he drinks all the time. He sleeps with anything that moves, he just doesn't honestly care and the only thing he knows is that he is never going to let anyone get that close to him again,

Here's life lesson number 4: Do not - under any circumstances - fall in love. ~ Park

When he moves in with his mate Jessie, he meets Lucy Braden their upstairs neighbor and knowing Park as he does Jessie has told him to stay away from her, as she is too good for him. Lucy I love her character, she is not only beautiful but also sweet, caring, strong and just nice the opposite of Park, she has her own rules, which are extremely different to Parks.

Rule number 4: Love whole- heartedly ~ Lucy

The attraction between Park and Lucy is instant, but with very different Rules to Live By and Life Lessons it can only mean one thing that the course of true love was never going to run smoothly for these too.

I really liked this book, I loved that it was told from both Park and Lucy's POV. Which is a favorite of mine when it comes to a book. I like to know what the main characters are thinking. I really liked Park's POV as while reading Sometime Never I didn't truly know how hurt he actually was after things ended with Hope, and how damaged it had left him.

I really started to warm to Park once he started to show, that he was all bad, he did have sweet and romantic side, however a few times I want to slap him around the back of his head for some of the stupid things that he did. I loved Park and Lucy's relationship, they made me laugh, they made me cry; they made me shout at my Ipad. I love how Lucy never really gave up on Park even thought she had every right to, and I loved watching Park change from an ass to someone special.

Before Now I just didn't care. Before now I was just surviving. But now- now I have you and I know.... I know I've gained everything. Because I want more right now. I want the rest of my life with you. ~ Park

We merge like two flames, fast and out of control. Because sometimes that's just how love works. We may smolder, we may blaze, we may rage without reason. But it's always beautiful. ~ Lucy.

It had some great secondary characters, I liked Jessie he was protected over Lucy maybe a little too much at times, but he was sweet and his heart was in the right place. Lucy's roommate Bree was one of those BBF that every girl needs. I loved that some of the characters from Sometime Never in this one also. (High five to my small OCD traits) I especially love the ending (1) because it left me with a big grin on my face and (2) was not a cliffhanger, and I have had a lot of those lately.

So in less than 36 hours I have read two books by Cheryl McIntyre I have loved them both, and I have to say so worth the lack of sleep. I'm so looking forward to reading her next book, and in the mean time I'm off to read Blackbird.
on 11 June 2013
Really enjoyed this book, just this type story line is my fav, loved park and lucy. Also, loved the epilogue much longer than normal boks. I would have liked it to be slightly longer, but definitely a must read.
on 29 June 2013
This book is definitely worth a read I av read similar books before and this is up with the best of them. I love the way the book flicks from main character to main character. I just love Park nd Lucy they r both feisty nd straight to the point the connection between them was electric it was nice to read some sex scenes that involved love and not just graphic unrealistic orgasms!! Definitely worth two days of ur life.
on 19 June 2013
WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT BOOK. I LOVED IT.

THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK BY CHERYL McINTYRE THAT I HAVE READ AND I CAN'T WAIT TO READ MORE BOOKS BY THIS TRULY GIFTED AUTHOR.

I MEAN SERIOUSLY, WHST NOT TO LOVE ABOUT THIS BOOK.
THE CHARACTERS WERE NOT ONLY REALISTIC, THEY WERE SO LOVABLE I COULDN'T GET ENOUGH OF THEN. THE STORY WAS DEEPLY EMOTIONAL AT TIMES, YET SERIOUSLY FUNNY AS WELL. I LAUGHED UNTIL I CRIED AT SOME OF THE STUFF THAT CAME OUT OF PARK'S MOUTH, MY FAVOURITE WAS WHEN HE SWORE ON HIS TESTICLES HOW HE WOULD NEVER HURT LUCY AGAIN. A MAN CAN.T GET MORE SERIOUS THAN THAT CAN HE.

CHERYL, YOU ARE DEFINITELY UP THERE WITH THE BEST OF THE OTHER N/A AUTHORS. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

YOU ROCK YOU RULE.
on 19 November 2013
I loved this book defo better than the first in series but I'm not sure you could understand parts of this book of you haven't read the first so I'm glad I did. At times things did get a bit repetitive but only in certain points. I loved the fact nothing really went wrong from her being pregnant most authors put to much in and ups and downs where as this went through the last chapters pointing highlights of pregnancy and love ext it made I really nice change also loved the bull game with Lucy's parents I might do that to my girls when there older hehe
on 11 June 2013
Just the right amount of sexiness.. Laughter.. And fun! Loved lulu, for me she just gives off this happy go lucky aura and is perfect for Park - must read!!!!!!
on 15 July 2013
It was a great follow on book from Sometimes Never and The Blackbird short story. I would say its probably my favorite one of them. As others have said, it could be read as a stand alone, but i would recommend reading Sometimes Never first as some of the characters crop up in this one and you get the background on Park and Hope, but more importantly you have the background of Chase and Guy, which helps you to understand some of the relationships better. I have to say that i think Chase is a great character, funny simple and definetly a typical male!
on 19 June 2013
Really enjoyed this story about Lucy and Park. I was pleased Park had his own book after Sometimes Never. Would recommend you read that first as it introduces most of the characters in Before Now but there are no awful cliffhangers in either book. Each story is told well and there is romance, humour and drama in both. The characters develop well and it all flows beautifully. If you enjoyed this , maybe try Losing It / Faking It by Cora Cormack. Am hoping that maybe Chase / Annie will have a story soon. Recommend highly . Enjoy .
on 27 April 2014
I purchased this book according to the many positive reviews, but got bored around the half, and did'nt bother to finish it. It's a book for teenagers rather than for mature women. It's boring, nothing really happens and unbelievable in our modern era. Maybe if the author did put the heroine in the Victorian period, I might have enjoyed and appreciated her virtues, but being placed in 21st century found hard to take all in. There are numerous repetitions and boring, meaningless,feigned dialogues and dump, silly situations.
on 31 July 2013
Downloaded this after reading a little sample and I havnt been disappointed. This has been one of the best books that I have read in a while.

The character of Lulu and Park are built up so that you feel that you connect with them. The story is very well written. I also found it to be a bit of a page turner at points where it kept you in suspense almost with what was going to happen next.

A quirky love story and will defiantly be buying from this author again.

Disappointed to be finished!