5.0 out of 5 stars Totally amazing
Published 22 months ago by Nanooshka

2.0 out of 5 stars Love Zoe Clark but this book is disappointing.
I love Zoe Clark and the books I have by her are great but I was disappointed with this one as I was expecting the book to be full of beautiful cakes such as the one on the front cover, however with just two cakes in the book similar to the one on the front cover and the rest being clocks, dresses and bags, this book was not for me at all.
Published 10 months ago by Miss S. Long

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally amazing, 9 Aug. 2013
I take my hat off to Zoe Clark. How can she produce another book of such quality and run a busy cake business at the same time ... I am in awe. This book is fantastic, full of beautifully executed and original designs not found in any other books, and there's no re-hashing of hers or anybody else's old cakes. I really like that there are several elegant novelty birthday cakes like the vintage black and gold Singer sewing machine,a mantel piece clock (with fabulous pocket watch cupcakes), a painted hat box, a mannequin dress cake, a really pretty jewellery box with draw, and a Bakelite phone (which makes some of the project good for men's cakes too). All are complicated projects which will thrill beginners as well as advanced cake makers who enjoy the craft and spending time to make a beautiful piece.
There are also a few great wedding cakes and there is so much technique used throughout, some of it quite new and not seen in books until now, it make it very rich in contents. For example, a couple of projects involve steel rod constructions (Zoe gives credit to Kaysie Lackey's technique) but not so complicated that they would be out of reach to most. Explanations are clear and she is generous with technique and design ideas (all the cakes come with matching cookie and mini or cupcake options).
As ever, she's very good at feeling trends in fashion and cake designs and products use, often using ganache, Sugarveil, painting, and making the best use of some of the great moulds on the market, keeping everything tight and neat and with impeccable taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic !!!, 21 July 2013
This review is from: Chic & Unique Vintage Cakes: 30 Modern Cake Designs from Vintage Inspirations (Kindle Edition)
I loved this Book it is simply amazing ! There are many different ideas, very detailed and very very beatiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! Something stunningly different from Zoe...so refreshing., 13 Feb. 2015
WOW! I had come to associate Zoe Clark with neat but predictable, sterile looking cake designs. Actually stopped buying/ looking at her books after the first as all others I reviewed and the designs on her website all had similar techniques. Wasn't really interested in this either because the front cover looks very Zoe Clark. Boredom and the free offer on kindle were the reasons I bothered to look at this book. I am TOTALLY impressed. Well done Zoe. You are so talented and I am soooo pleased you've shown just how much more you are capable of. Novelty cakes are here to stay, they are a great part of entertainment at any function. An unusual one makes a perfect talking point and sometimes the most memorable part of the occasion for guests. I know many people from various backgrounds who will want every one of those cakes. Particularly love that she has executed these designs with her trademark precision. Love every single one of them and can't wait to try them. I do agree with the reviewer who suggests the instructions could be more detailed for beginners. I have been decorating cakes purely as a hobby for a while now and this book will take pride of place in my wall to wall, ceiling to floor collection of cake decorating books. In fact I'd have this one signed by her if I ever get to meet her. There's just one cake decorator I admire enough to religiously buy whatever they print without even previewing because I've never been disappointed and this Zoe Clark book will be sat beside that special collection. Looking forward to more spectacular books from Zoe.

4.0 out of 5 stars Different Designs..., 11 Dec. 2013
I purchased this book along with Chic & Unique wedding cakes, and I do feel this book offers designs that are quirky and not what you would normally come accross. Some lovely unique cake ideas for anniversarys, presents, partys etc. As with the wedding cakes book, as a teaching aid wouldnt be advanced enough. The instructions and receips arent easy to follow and not all the information is in the right place at the time you need it, resulting in a lot of backwards and forwards (not ideal when you are in the middle of making the cake)

The images and end result of the cakes you should be able to make (if you eventually find all the info you need) are beautiful and if you can master the skills to create flowers and designs as shown it would be worth the added efforts.

Other wedding cake books worth investing in are the Peggy Porschen range. I have been to her store in London, sampled many many of her cakes and own everyone of her books. They are fantastic!!

4.0 out of 5 stars not what i expected, 21 Aug. 2013
S. A. Swinney (shrops..uk) - See all my reviews
I have all Zoe's books and her work inspires me greatly but to be honest im not struck on this as much as the others. The cakes are beautiful i have to give Zoe that but there is nothing really in it that i would re create ....I thought looking at the cover that it would be filled with pretty shabby chic cakes ....

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful book, 4 Sept. 2013
I have already refered back to this book several times, some excellent new techniques, lovely pictures and easy instructions. well worth buying

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly beautiful vintage style cake design book., 13 April 2014
Zoe Clark is one of my most favourite cake designers, she is a lovely person as well as a fantastic cake maker. Her cakes are in my opinion classed from simply elegant, to truly beautiful. I cannot fault this book, I love it.. Some reviews say not for the beginner, but we must remember these books are aimed not only for us to try out the designs, but also to give us incentive to design our own cakes. Encourage beginners to aim for this level, to look at what can be achieved. This book is full of unique cakes, with good instructions, the pictures are great as a guide with the instructions numbered to follow step by step. Excellent book, well worth adding to my collection. Thank you Zoe Clark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing cakes, 25 Oct. 2013
Ms. J. A. Everitt (London, England) - See all my reviews
The cakes are stunning, photos very clear and instructions easy to follow. Each cake can be easily adapted to your own design and I feel full of inspiration.

2.0 out of 5 stars Love Zoe Clark but this book is disappointing., 8 July 2014
Miss S. Long "saml82" (Salisbury) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars its just ok, 27 Mar. 2014
its got a lot of beautiful cakes. but hardly any proper instructions. not at all suitable for beginners.i give it a 2 star becoz it has lots of beautiful cakes. you may get ideas. but i wish it explained more