Size: XX-Large|Colour: Purple|Change

on 12 November 2014
I have been using this Sub Sports DUAL compression gear for over a year now and it's excellent! It feels like a very tight squeeze a first when you put it on, but you get used to it. It has been perfect for jogging; keeping me cool, allowing me to jog in the rain without feeling heavily drenched and reducing wind resistance (it's much better than wearing a t-shirt that drags in the wind). You don't feel drenched in sweat either, as it wicks all the sweat away.

Some of you may be wondering whether to buy the SUB Sports DUAL or the Sub Sports COLD. I have both of these products, so I have attached a photo of them both and I have done a comparison.

Here's the comparison:
Sub DUAL Compression Gear
Advantages:
- Lightweight
- Excellent compression
- Excellent fit (just buy your size. I'm size small so I bought a size small)
- Can jog in the rain without feeling soaked
Disadvantages:
- You feel the cold in winter weather (even after jogging for a while).
- Feels a little too tight when you first start wearing it, but you get used to it.

Sub COLD compression gear
Advantages:
- Lightweight
- Good fit
- Very warm a cosy, perfect for winter jogging!
- Can jog in the rain without feeling soaked
Disadvantages:
- Need to buy one size up, otherwise it will be too tight.
- Low compression due to going the next size up. It does have a tight fit when you go a size up, but you don't get that nice 'squeeze' that a compression gear should have.

Conclusion:
Both compression gears are great for jogging, but the COLD compression gear is better for winter weather. During the rest of the year, however, you're better off with the Sub Sports DUAL compression top. Don't get me wrong, you'll still be be warm in cold weather wearing the SUB Sports DUAL compression top, but in ice cold winter weather you'll really feel the breeze.

Buy the Sub Sports DUAL compression top for general jogging and running. Only in winter with ice cold weather will you need to get the SUB Sports COLD.

Attached is a picture showing you the insides of both the Sub Sports DUAL (on the right) and the Sub Sports COLD (on the left). The Sub Sports COLD has an extra fluffy layer on the inside of the top to keep you warm during the winter. Remember that if you decide to buy the COLD version, you need to go one size up. But if you're simply buying this product (Sub Sports DUAL) then just stick with your normal body size.
review image
on 2 June 2010
Bought this for under my golf shirt during the winter months,i have to say it does what it says on the tin,sizing good,not restrictive and best of all keeps you warm,overall excellent value.
on 18 February 2011
There appears to be a trend towards the use of compression clothing in running and other sports. Although particularly useful after exercise in order to aid recovery and minimise delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) I have noted an increasing number of people using compression clothing for racing and training. i have previously used such clothing during recovery only after longer races. The market leaders, 2ZU and Skins work well and are popular but seem to be quite expensive. Some cheaper brands such as under armour are also Ok but are still quite expensive. On searching the Amazon site I came across Sub Armour, a brand I had not heard of, and the prices seemed much more reasonable so thought I'd give them a try. The tops (long and short sleeved) came in a range of colours though the tights and shorts came in white or black only (as do the major brands). The only gap is lack of 3/4 tights. I bought a top & tights which arrived very promptly. They are well made and are the most compressive of all the brands I own. They are comfortable to race in and are particularly good for recovery. If you wanted to see if compression clothing works for you then the expense of some brands may have put you off, but at these prices you may want to give it a try. They seem to be proving popular as stock of items appears to be low. Very good product at a great price with fast delivery.
on 11 July 2011
I have to say this product let me down a bit. I've bought Sub armour before, and trust me it's amazing. I would recommend it but I would say be careful with what colour you choose. I wanted White for the Beach but even without getting the baselayer wet, the item is see through, which is not too great, and when soaked you might as well not be wearing it at all. There's something different about this base layer compared to the one I bought a couple months ago. I can't get me head around it yet. But overall O.K product but definitely won't be buying the white one again.
on 16 May 2013
I bought a couple of different brands of compression tops, this brand hands down is superior in every aspect

two main points in the product description:

1) PERFORMANCE - All-season baselayer that keeps you cool when it's hot, and warm when it's not
2) COMFORT - High quality fabric that provides excellent fit and shape retention

Point 1:

in terms of being all season this is not exaggerated I live in Dubai, its about 40 degrees outside now, I actually do feel cooler in the gym and drive home after im done with my workout with my windows open, fyi i workout 6 days a week sometimes twice every day, so im usually drenched in sweat when I leave

Point 2:
These really do feel like the way they are supposed to feel, they feel like they are compressing your body, unlike other well known brand names I tried that sadly feel more like slim fit shirts

I highly recommend these I am always highly skeptical of critical of any new products and usually am quick to label them as gimmicks because sadly most are, but these I swear by
on 10 March 2011
I've been very pleased with this item. I bought a size 2 sizes bigger than normal as advised by other reviews. ie Usually I would be a Small or Medium so I bought an X-Large. For me it fits perfectly as I didn't want TOO much compression. It is still skin-tight but not restrictive, and very comfortable. I wear it after training to keep warm and let the body recover. I think your choice of size will depend on just how tight you want it. For training in indoor gyms I wear something lighter like a vest, then wear this once done. I've been doing this for a couple of months and it is now a habit to put it in my kit-bag. I've also worn it for outdoor runs. After a few washes it appears to be well made, and looks to be a very good purchase. I bought a couple of similar tops from different companies but ended up sending them back as this was by far the best. The material feels slightly odd at first - feels very silky and shiny and can feel 'cold' to the touch at first - but you get used to that and I would highly recommend it.
This Sub Sports Baselayer Compression Long Sleeved T Shirt looks good and provides a firm level of compression. Despite its powerful compression it is very comfortable, non-sweaty and you don't feel the seams. I found this top is great to wear under a conventional shirt or sweatshirt as it keeps you warm and does seem to improve circulation plus makes you feel a bit sleeker.

I first ordered a black version which I was delighted with, however, I subsequently ordered a white one and felt that even from new it was a slightly dull white colour which made it look a bit old even straight out of the packet. In terms of sizing I'm a 40" chest and of average build but not tall and bought the large size - the fit is good for me although the sleeves/torso are also long enough to fit taller people than me.
on 12 September 2013
I ordered it on a Tuesday afternoon and it was delivered to my house within 24 hours!

As with some other comments, unless you want it to be uncomfortably tight then go for a size higher than normal. I'm 6''2 and 185lb/13 stone and I bought an X-Large. It fits skin tight and still has a good level of compression :)
on 23 December 2013
the sub sports dual men's compression base layer long sleeve top is great, I got exactly what was advertised. its comfortable stylish and the technology works. being a long distance runner i needed a durable base layer to keep my temperature just right, this product does exactly that. it compresses all the right places which is a great feeling and helps get the best out of your body and the wicking technology keeps you dry. i hadn't heard of sub sport brand before but i am so happy with this product i think im going to look into what else they have to offer.

I ordered on the 20th dec the item was dispatched on the 21st dec and i received on the 23rd dec. i was expecting to wait until 28th to receive so i am really happy with the delivery.

on 18 April 2013
I dont normally leave reviews, however i have enjoyed using the sub top and shorts I bought so much i thought it only right to leave a glowing review. I have other compression clothing from nike and some I bought on amazon, called power something or other and neither have either the quality of material nor the quality of construction of these products.
Do not hesitate to buy they are a joy to wear. I found the sizing pretty accurate, I think am on the normal to bif size of medium and the products fit perfectly. I am just waiting now for the justification to buy the green leggings which look awesome!!