Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

REMY by Katy Evans
5 stars!!!

"I imagine stripping her, effing her, then kissing and petting her all night until the sun appears. And then I imagine the look on her face when I tell her I'm bipolar"

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am Remy's #1 Fan. Katy Evans really did a number on me when she brought him into my life. I felt an instant connection to this broken man, who was actually perfect to me. Yes he may have been Bipolar, but he never let it define him, he made a career for himself, turning his weaknesses into strengths, he made himself a better person and made the most of the shit hand that he was dealt. But he deprived himself of the one thing that he needed the most, and that was love. He was a man that was desperate to be loved, and not just the alter ego that he made for himself, he wanted to be loved for Remington Tate, the bi-polar sufferer, he wanted to be loved warts and all and that is what he found when he found Brooke Dumas.

I desperately wanted to get into Remy's head and was so happy when Katy said that she was going to write a book from his POV. I was also worried, so many male POV's have been written poorly and totally spoiled the character for me, so I did go into this a little bit apprehensive. However, Katy totally did Remy proud. He was exactly how I had imagined, the writing was full of emotion only making you connect to Remy even more if that was even possible. Yes there is scenting and licking which some like and some don't but it is REMY, it is who he is, what he does, he was a lion looking for his mate.

You never really fully understood just how insecure Remy was in REAL, but you felt it in REMY. He didn't want to put himself in the position of any vulnerability because he never knew how he would cope with the rejection. We find out, that when Remy gives himself, he gives himself completely and he needed to make sure that Brooke wasn't going to reject him when he let his intentions be known. That rejection would have destroyed him. He may have been strong on the outside, he may have been a wall of muscle, well built and well defined, perfectly toned but his heart was a fragile muscle that could have easily been torn to shreds and he needed to protect it because once it was shredded, he was sure there would be no repair.

"You'll leave me the second it gets too steep, and you'll leave me with nothing - when I want you like I've never wanted anything in my life. You're all I think about, dream about. I get high and low and it's all about you now, it's not even about me anymore. I can't sleep, can't think, can't concentrate worth shit anymore, and it's all because I want to be the effing `one' for you, and as soon as you realize what I am, all I'll be is a effing mistake."

My heart broke several times in this book, usually when Brooke leaves him and you feel all the pain, hurt, confusion, emotion and total and utter devastation pouring out of Remy. This book covers REAL and MINE from Remy's POV and a bit extra, so we know what happens in so far as story but it doesn't get old. Even though I have read REAL literally dozens of times and I know the story like the back of my hand, this never felt old. It was refreshing to get his POV, it gave me a whole new understanding of REAL and enabled me to gain a whole new perspective, a more emotional perspective. It also made me get even angrier with Brooke...

I can ooze and gush about this until the cows come home but I will let the book speak for itself. It is brilliant, it is perfect, it is Remington "Riptide" Tate all over. High five to Katy Evans you did our guy proud. I am really sad now though as this is the end, I just hope that we can bribe Katy to keep writing, there must be some more goings on we can dream up for our Remy. I for one am not ready to let him go, he really has captured a place in my heart.
on 27 November 2013
I was really looking forward to finding out more about remy but I just found this book repetitive. I was hoping for more info on what his life was like growing up or maybe closure with his parents - them being able to see what a good father he is etc. no such luck, save your money as this book won't tell you anything new.
on 26 November 2013
One of the very best trilogies I've ever read. Initially didn't really appeal to me. How wrong can a person be. The story kept you gripped, written so well and so heart felt. It will take you on a roller coaster of emotions and the way Katy describes the characters amazing.Definitely recommend the series You must read Real and Mine first to appreciate how good an author she is and how well the books gel together BRILLIANT
on 4 December 2013
I was looking forward to this second book having loved the first. I am sad to say it was so repetitive and didn't hold my attention like the first. Loved the characters but there was more scope from the writer to go into certain issues in more depth as it was told from Remy's pov what about issues with his parents? opportunities were missed. The book was ok, but you're not missing much if you just read the first book. I like the style of writing so would read other books by the author.
on 6 May 2014
I'm sorry but I have to agree with the one or two 3* reviews. I really wanted to enjoy this but Remy's pov could quite easily have been incorporated into the last two books.
Remy's pov turned out to be about a man obsessed with possession and constant sex. Don't get me wrong I love sex but this became repetitive and in the end boring. So save yer brass on this one and skip to the next Rogue (The REAL series)book 4
on 3 December 2013
4.5 stars

Yet another amazing book by Katy Evans! At last we got to see inside the mind of the incredibly sexy, possessive and protective Remy. This book starts at Brooke and Remy's wedding and is mainly Remy reminiscing on how they met and everything they have gone through up until that point. It is mainly a shortened retelling of REAL and MINE but has several never seen before moments.

I think I love Remy even more after having seen his thoughts, feelings and his internal reasoning about his actions. All this makes the previous books even stronger and it also makes it easier to say goodbye to these characters. This book completed the characters story so perfectly and was like a final farewell.

REMY is novella length making it a quick and sexy (very sexy!) read. This book has the same sexual chemistry and passion as the first two but everything seems even more intense through Remy's eyes. Katy Evans did a great job at capturing his essence, wild and animalistic who also feels emotions very strongly.

I DON'T recommend reading this book unless you have first read REAL and MINE. Whilst this book is mainly REAL and MINE from Remy's pov it misses out several things (presumably as it is assumed that people have read books 1 and 2 first) so you will probably get confused. You also won't get the full experience that you would if you read all the books in order.

I loved this book, I love this series and I can't wait to see what Katy Evans will bring next. I recommend this book to fans of the first two and if you haven't read Real yet then you must!

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, this has not affected my opinions or rating in any way*
on 30 November 2013
Originally published at Rookie Romance.

Ah, Remy. It's no secret that I adore Remington Tate. He's easily one of top book boyfriends, and this book has made me love him even more, if possible. He's such a mystery to us, no matter how we get to know him through Brooke, in the previous two books. But now, we get this look into Remy's head and see everything from his POV.
It broke my heart, over and over, to hear how hard Remy could be on himself. Most of the time, he doesn't feel worthy of Brooke's love and I just wanted him to realise how strong and brave he really is.
It's also fabulous seeing Brooke through Remy's eyes. It was so utterly sweet and endearing to see just how much he loves her, and how hard he tries to make their relationship the real thing.

Of course, since this is Remy and Brooke's story from his POV, most of the story is the same as in Real and Mine. But we also get to see more of their life now, with little baby Racer. There are hints of what we might be able to expect from the next two books in the series, as well.

This is a perfect way to round off Remy and Brooke's story. They have their HEA, and we have seen their story from both sides and had three books to feed our Riptide addiction. I have no doubt that we'll see more of Remy and Brooke in Raw and Ripped, the next two books in the series, but I'm excited to read about another couple. If Katy Evans can make me feel this crazy for one book boyfriend, I'm not sure how I'll handle the next two coming our way!
Remy has everything I've come to expect from this series- an unbelievably hot alpha male, sexiness levels that are off the charts, and an intense, real love.

*I received an ARC from the publisher, via NetGalley, for my honest review. Thank you!
on 30 November 2013
This book is a dream come true for me, as i have been dying to get inside Remy's head since i read Real, so to get Remy's side of the story is just fantastic.

Remy is a huge hard bodied guy who is so vulnerable inside but he laid himself out there to show Brooke that he was her REAL. To get an understanding of how deep his love for Brooke really is, how he struggles with not being good enough for her, truly heart warming.

The devastation and pain that Remy feels when Brooke leaves him just tears you up inside, we feel all his thought and pain through his words in Remy.
I dont usually like when stories told again from another POV, but this has changed my mind totally. It doesnt feel like your just rehashing the same story from Real the key points are there but this is such a different side to events, to get inside the beautiful mind, the man that is Remy.

You get such a refreshing understanding of the Real story from Remy's side, you gain so much more perspective emotionally, i just loved it.

Katy Evans has out done herself in this book, the fact we get past and present woven so beautifully together is just a marvel and works so well to bring both books together. This series is so much more than i was expecting, and will stay with me for a long time to come, Remy and Brooke have such a love, they are up there with Romio and Juliet in my opinion.
I could continue to gush about this book all day long, do your self a favor one click this whole series pour a glass of wine and enjoy. I have lost hours of my life on Remy but there were hours well spent, i will be re-reading the Real series again without a doubt.
on 26 November 2013
I have to say I had reservations as I always do with an alternative POV, there are many out there that have been a disappointment, but this is a decent offering. Despite us knowing Remington and Brooke's story, Katy Evans has kept it pretty fresh and full of emotion. Yes, there are conversations that are mirrored, it's unavoidable, but they don't take up huge swathes of the book. With the first 75% of the book Remy's perspective of 'Real' and the latter part 'Mine', we are also treated to new content from the present day every few chapters and I can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed it.

However, I was a little disappointed in the lack of content from his 'black' periods and from certain sections where he is away from Brooke (eg. when he leaves her in Seattle). These were the parts where I thought we were really going to get into his head and I feel they were neglected a little. But on the whole we do gain an insight into how he copes (or doesn't), I felt his pain and fell in love with him all over again. My heart went out to him on more than one occasion.

"I want her to know that she's mine. That I'm going to protect her and that I'm going to be there for her. That I love her. That it doesn't matter to me anything except she's here and she's not leaving me again because I won't allow it. Not a single part of me will allow it".

If you love Remington Tate, this will make you love him that little bit more. Had there been more detail, this would have made 5 stars.
on 6 February 2014
I read this book in virtually one go on a sleepless night. There was a story running through it showing the two different perspectives. The thing that spoiled it for me was the constant use of the 'f' word. I can take it in context but every other sentence seemed to have the f word in it. Not the usual storyline for me but a good enough read.