5.0 out of 5 stars So Hopeful....
**ARC provided by Atria via NetGalley in return for an honest review**

All the stars in the sky..

Beautifully written book. I am wrung right out..Colleen, you are a friggin goddess!

I was quite late coming to the Hopeless party, which I will be forever slapping myself for! So this time around, I was lucky enough to read an ARC of Losing...
Published 12 months ago by Janey

3.0 out of 5 stars Hopeless book 2
I loved Hopeless when I read it earlier this year, the twist completely took me by surprise and I loved seeing how things unfolded as Sky slowly uncovered the truth about her past. I did find Holder's behaviour was more than a little disturbing at the beginning of the book but after finding out what was going on I could understand his actions. When I heard that Colleen...
Published 8 months ago by Sarah (Feeling Fictional)

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Hopelessly loved it, 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: Losing Hope (Kindle Edition)
What can a say a loved this book and the 1st one . A was a bit confused at first because it's been a while since I have read the 1st one but a wee read of the 1st and it all came back to me loved the story from dean's point of view . It's just a lovely sweet story highly recommend it such a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent second book in a wonderful series, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Losing Hope (Kindle Edition)
Reading another book in the light of another POV doesn't leave me with the same eagerness. However, I must say that Colleen Hoover really pulled it off.

I'm a bit of a critic for the new generation of authors doing these POVS by pages/chapters/....yet another book as it seems mostly repetitive and could easily have been integrated in normal story telling.

I have to say though, this author pulled it off for me. OK a few repetitive times/moments when I yawned, but then the author threw in bits I didn't know which perked me up treading again.

I think it was vital to have this written as the first book was tied up on on Skye so to read from his POV tied a lot of loose ends up for me.

Highly recommended, skilfully written.

Thank you Atria Books for allowing me to read this complimentary book

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Losing Hope (Kindle Edition)
Is the only word to describe this book! I wanted something different and hell did I get it! I am emotionally drained but in a good way. I love Holder and boy did I feel every bit of love that he gave Sky. Excellent read. I can't cry anymore so I'm off to bed! But also want to say this is the first book I have read by Coleen Hoover and I will definitely be reading more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreakingly beautiful, 12 April 2014
This review is from: Losing Hope (Kindle Edition)
Though there are parts of this story that were so sad, hearing it from Holder's perspective made even the bleak beautiful with his incredible love for Sky.

I had read Hopeless previously, so I knew what to expect, but it didn't stop this book from taking my breath away. I loved it. Will read again. Most definitely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read., 6 April 2014
This review is from: Losing Hope (Kindle Edition)
Taking over the reins from Sky, Losing Hope gives us Holder’s POV from when the pair meet, and other relevant events.

To be honest, I much prefer reading from the male POV when it comes to matters of the heart. I want to know exactly what’s going through his mind and what’s he’s feeling when the character meets the girl of his dreams. This is exactly what we get in Losing Hope.

However, as fans of Hopeless will know, this is not all we get. Holder’s been through some incredibly tough times, which readers then get to experience through his eyes. Some of the book is very emotional, especially the final few pages, and this shocked me because I wouldn’t have thought Holder’s POV would have resulted in a more intense read. But it does and it’s excellent. Well worth a read.

Reviewed by Charlotte Foreman on behalf of BestChickLit.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should have a Holder., 6 April 2014
This review is from: Losing Hope (Kindle Edition)
This is the Hopeless story told from Holder's side, the connection he feels for Sky is so strong it drags him and the reader along to a deeply satisfying conclusion. Everyone should have a Holder in their life he is wonderful.

4.0 out of 5 stars emotional and brilliant, 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: Losing Hope (Kindle Edition)
I live Dean Holder, I cried reading his letters to his sister, really emotional but a beautiful read. Being his POV I didn't expect it to be as good but it was, the letters brought out a whole different side to him. Really enjoyed it :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great retelling of the story from a different POV, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: Losing Hope (Kindle Edition)
Losing Hope is the 2nd in the Hopeless series by Colleen Hoover. The story is all about Dean Holder – Sky’s boyfriend in the first book Hopeless – and is basically him telling his version of the events that take place in the first book.

From Hopeless we know that Sky is not Sky, but instead she is Hope. A girl who was abducted, although told she was adopted, and grew up living a secret lie. She meets Dean Holder, who turns her world upside down. They become friends but the attraction is too great and they become boyfriend/girlfriend. But Dean has a secret himself. And that secret is that he knows Sky’s true identity, he witnessed her being taken. In the story we get to see Dean’s life with Hope, during Hope going missing, and the after.

I already knew, going into Losing Hope, that I like Dean Holder’s character from Hopeless. But only after he redeemed himself tenfold part way through the book. He has this awful secret that you don’t actually know anything about until nearer the end of the story, that is when you find out that Holder already knows Sky, but he knows her by the name Hope. The book explains all of his feelings towards Hope, and the guilt that crushed him as a little boy, for letting his best friend be taken, for not protecting her. But he also carries this guilt about his dead twin sister, for not being able to save her. He starts to write letters to his sister, knowing that she can’t see them, but as a sort of therapy and he pours his heart out in them so you are left in no doubt how he is feeling.

I liked that you get to see it from the other point of view. It helps you understand his actions, how emotionally turbulent the whole situation is for him, when he thinks he’s found Hope, then when he finds out more about his sister, and what could possibly have caused her to commit suicide. It’s a more emotional read than Hopeless because Holder has experienced loss, loss like a young boy shouldn’t, and loss like a teenage boy shouldn’t. You appreciate his story a lot more after reading this.

Aside from being emotionally charged the story is told in quite a funny way. Having access to Holder’s thoughts as he interacts with Sky is fun, it’s cute and you already know how Sky reacts so it’s like your spying! I always feel like your spying on the boy when you get to read their POV.

Definitely one to be read after Hopeless.

4.0 out of 5 stars So clever, brilliant book. Colleen Hoover v talented!, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Losing Hope (Kindle Edition)
Hopeless, losing hope, finding Cinderella all
Very cleverly linked! All great books, I'll be reading/waiting/hunting down more Colleen Hoover books!

5.0 out of 5 stars aww wow..think I needed a chapter break,although I couldn't put it down!, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Losing Hope (Kindle Edition)
What a emotional story,heart breaking,funny and gorgeously written...so glad they found each other and got their happy ending.
This is one of these books that will stay with me for a long time ❤️

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›