5.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't sure...
but frankly I now adore this book.

Even though some could have called me an Arias fanboy, I was in two maybe even 5 minds whether to buy this book or not. I bit the bullet and frankly haven't looked back.

Published 12 months ago by Paul Hodgson

However, if like me you just want to improve your basic skills (not equipment knowledge and skills such as lights etc) then maybe look elsewhere.
Published 12 months ago by ken

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read and worth buying if you looking to sell your photographs, 8 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't sure..., 15 Aug 2013
Paul Hodgson "www.bof.uk.com" (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
but frankly I now adore this book.

From start to finish the book is filled with nuggets that actually, even though are wrapped within the context of photography, many of the words that have been written resonate in all parts of life. Take some of Zack's words and apply it to whatever business you work within now, or family life or relationships as a larger whole, there's some great words of wisdom in this book.

The writing style frankly is like two blokes sitting in a pub with a healthy amount of tough love thrown on the table. It's not harsh but real and I for one like that. No sugar coated pills, not rose tinted glasses but truth as Zack sees his well travelled road. OK, that road may be different to yours but go read the book, write your review and let's read if it felt the same to you as it has to me.

Zack, I think you gave a whiff that you might be penning another book...on the basis of this one, can't wait.

As good as any book by my another of my fav writers, McNally...high praise indeed I hope.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase!, 4 April 2014
Lots of great info. Comes with photographic examples of how to shoot and details the best equipment to buy which means I have not wasted a penny investing in my photography career :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Buy It, 21 Mar 2014
Thought this would be another how to book like a lot of others. Wrong. Like it says on the cover ' Real questions - Real Answers'
A lot of questions I would ask about myself. Very reassuring to see I'm not the only lunatic let loose with a camera.
Just Buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a good read., 17 Mar 2014
This is a good read. It's about Zack, what he has done to get this far, his experiences about being/becoming a photographer and a bit about equipment. If you know the posts on his sites (zackarias.com and dedpxl.com) then you know what to expect. It isn't a mindblowing book, just a very pleasant book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Insight into his mind!, 17 Jan 2014
P. Crowley - See all my reviews
This review is from: Photography Q&A: Real Questions. Real Answers. (Voices That Matter) (Kindle Edition)
I like the book. Not a photography book per se. More a trials and tribulations of a photographer offering many inights for photographers looking to make a business of it or maybe even the more serious photographer who just wants to shoot for fun.

like Zacks work and an interesting read

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it now for yourself and your friends, 12 Dec 2013
You need to know and love Zack and his works to enjoy the book. Explanations seem to be simplistic but they are straight to the point and without "gear fever". Practical advices. Excellent photoillustrations. Have a feeling I will be coming back to this book again and again. Just like with his DVDs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Answered all my questions about photography, 2 Oct 2013
I am an amatuer photographer looking to go pro and I was struggling to find a book that would answer all my questions and thoughts about photography. This book answered all my questions and more! Brilliant read! Couldn't put it down! My knowledge has grown through reading this. Love it. Might have another read of it from start to finish again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 27 Sep 2013
Tells it in plain and simple english. Full of good information. Really pleased with this excellent book.
Does what it says in the tin!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Sep 2013
A very clear, easy to read and enjoyable book. I'd recommend it to photographer's of all levels. I'm sure I will refer back to it many times.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›