on 20 August 2013
I had high hopes for this product. Basically I wanted to plate a pure brass electronic cigarette 'mod'. When you apply it, the silver plate is instant and has an almost antique look to it, compared to the bright mirror you would expect to see if it was electro-plated. However, the coating really is very thin; in fact you need to repeat the process to end up with a solid silver finish. Initially I thought it looked stunning; but with just regular use (putting in and taking out of my pocket), 24 hours later the plating is stripping away, leaving what is now a dirty brass underneath.

The problem is, if I now leave it then the patchy brass is just going to look worse over time. If I keep using it, then I'm going to have a laborious (and messy) process that I'm going to have to keep repeating on at least a weekly basis.

Haven't decided how I'm going to resolve this - either an attack of fine grit sand paper or a trip to an electro-plating company to get the job done properly.

I would only recommend as a tool for maintaining silverware - the plating claims are only half true... but to be honest, for how quickly it's shedding from the brass, I wouldn't use it on items you eat or drink from!
on 5 May 2014
Ok but not as good as other silver plating products/ dips I have had before. Good for refreshing tired looking chains etc but doesn't really plate effectively
on 14 December 2013
Speedy and smooth transaction. Product didn't do job as quickly or easily as I had hoped, but definitely made an improvement.
on 8 July 2015
I had a very tarnished, favourite, large costume jewellery chain that was almost black around the neck where I had worn perfume....I thought I was going to have to throw it away but this product has given it a new lease of life...it really works like magic! BEWARE...use gloves...I had black hands for almost a week!!
on 21 May 2015
This stuff is really good when used correctly and on the right products. Honestly I wish I had taken a before photo on the badly rubbed 1907 silver plate spoon as it brought it back to life in an appropriate 'antique' type finish,not to blingy but changed the bronze colour of the rubbed plating back to a silver. Have tried similar products but this seems a bit more 'Industrial' than others so will purchase this from now on to renovate my Antique items.
RetroHomeStore
on 21 November 2014
Everything as promised, no problems, excellent product. Satisfied customer! Had used something similar previously, but was unable to find it again, so thought I would give this a try and found it to be even better. Did have to apply two or three coats to badly worn items, but most looked liked new after just one application. Was so impressed I had to do my Mother's silver too! Would definitely recommend this product to revitalise worn silverware.
on 20 September 2013
Excellent product - does exactly what it says. The silver plate came up as new and the more times it is used the more perfect the look.
on 25 February 2014
Great product, Haven't yet used the Maintenance solution. The Silver Plating Solution does what it says on the tin, I will use it again.
on 31 October 2015
This does work if yo put the time in.
I've achieved a very nice finish on tombac, it takes several applications to get a good finish and you have to put in a bit of elbow grease! Don't expect great results from the first pass. I would also say that if it's for a regularly used or handled item electroplating is the way to go, but this is superb for decorative items.
on 15 June 2014
We needed to silver some items and this product worked superbly well. I would recommend this product. My rating AAA+.