5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but...
A great product, does exactly what it says on the can. However, is it just me or does anybody else have a problem keeping the power usb plug in? If you knock mine even a fraction, out it pops and stops charging. Apart from that minor design defect, a 5-star product!

Published 11 months ago by sadbuttrue

3.0 out of 5 stars Outlets...?
It's okay but there are no difference in the output from the 2 USB outlets. One should give 1mah and the other should give 2mah but they both give 1mah.
Published 2 months ago by nicolai Madsen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but..., 4 Sep 2013
sadbuttrue (Wolverhampton) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AnkerŪ Astro E5 15000mAh Portable Power Bank Pack External Battery Charger for iPad Air, mini, iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, Nexus 4, 5, 7, 10, HTC One, One 2 (M8), Droid DNA, Motorola Droid, MOTO X, LG Optimus, most other smartphones and tablets (Apple adapters 30 pin and lightning, not included) - Black (Electronics)

Update: having posted this, I remembered that the device came with a USB lead. On checking this, I noticed that the plug was significantly longer than my standard, Samsung, one. When I inserted this lead, it made a considerably firmer and more secure contact. Rating amended accordingly, now I need to remember to only use this lead to charge up the device.

Great customer service from the manufacturer, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb product - with one (to me, insignificant) tiny gripe, 11 Sep 2013
It arrived quickly, securely packaged. The instructions are clear and simple.

The item itself is chunky, not too heavy and gives an impresson of solidity and quality. It just looks ... an attractive bit of kit. It arrived (I would guess) about 80% charged and it took about 45 mins to charge fully, when connected to a USB port on my PC.

I am delighted with this unit - it seems to do exactly what it says on the tin! The tiny gripe? The two connectors supplied (one Apple 30 pin adapter, one Samsung ditto) look a bit flimsy (and Samsung is misspelled!). Not a worry for me, as I'm an Apple user and would use the USB connectors supplied with their products.

Review edited 19/9/13 and this added:

I charged the Anker Astro E5 fully and plugged it into my iPad2, which had only 1% battery capacity left. These were the results:
After 1 hour - 34%.
After 2 hours - 63%.
After 3 hours - 88%.
100% capacity was reached after a fraction under 4 hours (about 3hr 55min). There were still two lights showing on the unit, indicating 25-50% charge remaining.

Frankly, I think that is superb performance! Delighted with the product...!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 21 April 2014
My son bought one and very pleased with it.
Bought one on his recommendation and delighted with it too.
Holds charge well; charges tablet and phone quickly; takes a while to recharge but a non-issue really.
Keep it with me all the time.
Delivery first-class. Will recommend this product and company
Cliff

5.0 out of 5 stars HUGE POWER STORE, 23 Sep 2013
I have a Samsung S2 which consumes its battery in 1.5 hours down to 30% in case of online chatting , now I can guarantee long chats without worrying about running out off battery , excellent product and rapid delivery , strongly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It was brilliant, at the end of the week I let ..., 19 July 2014
I bought this for a week long camping trip to the Isle of Man because my android phone goes flat after a day. I had it charged by the people of the campsite once as I was charging two mobile phones and my digital camera off it. It was brilliant, at the end of the week I let a friend who was staying on for another week purchase it from me for the same price and ordered myself another. He also thought it was good value for money charging android phones and ecigs from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 17 April 2014
I purchased this product as I switch from a phone with a plug-in battery to one with an integrated one, and wanted to be safe in case something happens. I found this product great especially when travelling and flights do not have USB Charging ports. I recommend this product to anyone on the move for long hours needing extended battery life for his/her devices.

4.0 out of 5 stars v good, 13 April 2014
Charges phone 4 times on a full battery. Like the idea I can also charge my iPod at the same time

4.0 out of 5 stars Best thing ever, 27 Jan 2014
One of the best purchases that I did in 2013. Well worth the money. I travel a lot so this is a gem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Travel Charger Anker Astro E5, 13 Aug 2013
Pros:

The Anker came fully charged. I have this device about 4 weeks now and have charged my Nokia Lumia 800 (three times), my daughter's IPOD Touch (once) and my wife's Iphone (once).
It will also charge my ipad mini although I feel that might use up a significant amount of the stored charge. By the LED indicators I feel that I have possibly another two charges for my Lumia 800 left in it.

So for me it was well worth buying.

Cons:
I'm being picky here, but it would be helpful if the product details mentioned what kind of charger you need to charge the Anker. For me I will be using the one that came with the Lumia 800 so I hope that will be effective. For other people it may not be as obvious.

Also it would be helpful to have a documented table of which usb port on the Anker to use to charge various devices eg IPAD Mini use out 1a or out 2a etc.

Summary:

I will be using this device on my travels in September for about 10 days , so I will have it fully tested by then and if there are any updates to this review I will post them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go for it and never look back., 14 Aug 2014
Absolutely fantastic. While a little heavy, it doesn't take much space. The 15.000mAh battery charged my Note 3 constantly while travelling and being out all day long and never dropped below 50%. It's a monster. I never considered buying any external batteries because I had an extra battery for my Note 2 and a battery case for my S4, but now I wouldn't go down that road again. You can keep it away until you need without adding volume to your device. The 2 amp usb port is lightning quick and the battery itself will charge in just a few (as in less than 6) hours. My tip? Buy a 90-degree angle usb adapter so the cable doesn't stick out when you're using it. Plus the torch LED is strong enough to be very handy. I figure it should last about 340 years on 15.000mAh if you're looking for a really different... torch. But hey, I'm not judging.