4.0 out of 5 stars Great performance - One very bad design feature, 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: Bosch WTE84106GB 7kg Condenser Dryer
Don't buy one of these dryers unless it has a molded/integrated door handle! A handle with concealed screws is a bad design. It will rip right off. Happened me.

I have been using Bosch tumble dryers for as long as I can remember and keep buying them because they are the least likely to shrink clothes and because they turn off when the clothes are dry, a feature that saves energy and money too! This model has a bad design feature because the door handle, (which you must pull with some effort to open) is screwed on from the inside out and being made of plastic our handle pulled right off the door and it isn't possible to screw it back on because the screw was embedded in plastic which was ripped out when the handle came off.

On a previous model we had a molded handle and door and other models had a push/pop out action and I don't see why they didn't continue with this design because it was much more stable. We have tried superglue, pipe bonding and tlc, all to no avail. It just breaks off again eventually. I am worried that the handle will come off and the door won't open because this is a possibility. A new door is expensive and totally unnecessary if it had been designed with a stable handle. If you own a Classixx 6 and it needs repair and you are thinking of replacing it, I would say don't because that is what I did and I would take the old one back and repair it if I could. (heating element gave up). The older model is better also because the low/high heat switch stayed in the last selected state. The newer model needs the low heat option selected every time before you switch it on and it defaults to high heat. Bosch manufacturers take note. Sending them a link to this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product, 5 Oct 2013
This review is from: Bosch WTE84106GB 7kg Condenser Dryer
Delivered to where I asked, unpacked and checked and the packaging removed. After set-up and fine adjustment the product delivers dry, cupboard ready clothing. The only criticism I would make is that the instructions for finely adjusting the product could be improved.

Bosch WTE84106GB 7kg Condenser Dryer