5.0 out of 5 stars Good Purchase
This review is for the version with 6 ports + 2 charging ports.

I bought this for the multitude of ports plus the ability to charge a smartphone and Kindle simultaneously, removing the need for multiple chargers.

Published 17 months ago by Tristram Shandy

3.0 out of 5 stars Mac users beware
When I unpacked this I was pleased with the robust feel and look; it seemed to be ideal for what I wanted - extending the USB slots on a new iMac.

However, ..

I've a number of Apple devices (SuperDrive, iPadAir, iPhone, etc), and this hub won't power them all (see addendum below).

When I plugged it in and moved my keyboard (not Apple!) it...
Published 9 months ago by crliege

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Purchase, 4 Nov. 2013
This review is for the version with 6 ports + 2 charging ports.

It fulfils the need perfectly. It is sturdy and well-built, though quite light. It does tend to slide around quite easily, the feet could have been made with a bit more friction.

It is backwards compatible with USB2 and USB 1.1 so any USB device can be plugged in. There are reports that USB2 devices are slightly faster in a USB3 port, so your old devices could see an improvement in speed if the hub is connected to a computer USB3 port. However, in theory a USB3 HDD attached to the hub with USB2 devices as well could have a lower transfer speed as the hub adapts to the USB2 protocol.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, intuitive, and in this day and age, essential!, 23 Jun. 2014
OK, so you have just bought a new PC or laptop that is advertised as "USB 3 ready" and bought USB 3 thumb drives, external disk drives and other peripherals and gadgets, ready for use at super fast transfer speeds, only to find that the PC/laptop you've bought has just a single USB 3 port on it! Do you panic? Throw it away? Look for an expansion card to buy at a crazy price to fit inside the... SLOW DOWN! It's simple, the answer is here. Simply buy this USB 3 hub and you now have 4 ports to play with (along with all the USB 2 ports on the PC or laptop). OK, so some of you are thinking "I bet it's not full usb3,and doesn't transfer at high speed". Well, I'm happy to tell you first hand that EVERY port on this beast is full speed ahead, and is as reliable as the sun rising and setting each day. You can keep it plugged in all day, using multiple devices, and it doesn't run hot! More than can be said for quite a few big name companies who have made these! But using this with your computer is only half the story. Got a mobile phone /tablet/phablet etc that has no room to store files on anymore, or wish you could read files from your external hard drive, or even plug in a printer to print off pictures without waiting forever by using wireless technology? Simply plug the micro USB converter (attached to the USB head via a strong plastic cord) into the charging/data port on your device, and you now have USB on the go, using a USB3 hub! I've plugged in my thumb drives, external hard drives, printer and many other gadgets that are run from USB, and have either been able to use them straight away, or after a quick search on the Google Play store (my phone is Android) and I've found apps to use webcams, printers, and even USB Xmas trees! Gone are the days of not being able to access files from old thumb drives and different flash cards (USB card readers have been around for years). This truly is an ingenious piece of technology, and for under £15 it's unbelievably great value for money, making it accessible to everyone, not just the rich. So do yourself a favour, enjoy transferring files to and from your computer and to plugged in USB 3 accessories at lighting fast speed, while at the same time having the versatility to plug it into your mobile device and have access to thousands of pictures, films, documents and music that you would never be able to fit on your inbuilt storage. I love this hub, and when I go away for the weekend, I never know whether to pack it with my laptop, or with my mobile/tablet accessories. This is #TopTech at its best, and it gets a solid 10/10 from me, as life affirming technology doesn't have to be shiney and flashy, it is most often practical, reliable and versatile. Enjoy. Ben :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Video Review and Demo for Inateck USB3.0 HUB, 3 Mar. 2014
Length:: 6:33 Mins

Video review and demo of Inateck USB3.0 Hub. Adi shows you the device in action and talks you through the benefits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like many notebook owners with external hard drives, 28 July 2014
This review is from: Inateck 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub Bus-Powered for Laptops, Ultrabooks and Tablet PCs, Support Windows 8/ 7/ Vista/ XP, Mac OS X 10.8.4, with 1ft USB 3.0 Cable (Electronics)
I have a Dell M17 XPS, and I wanted to put less wear on my USB 3.0 ports. Like many notebook owners with external hard drives, I found myself constantly plugging or unplugging USB devices in and out of the system.
The Inateck USB 3.0 4-Port Hub solves the problem of constantly reaching over your laptop to swap USB devices. Simply plug this small device into one of your USB 3.0 ports and you instantly gain another four USB 3.0 ports for use. If you have things like hard drives, game controllers or tablets or input devices, this device will save you time when swapping them in and out. Such a small device makes all the difference if you just want to get work done or play your games or just want to plug your devices in and forget about them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hub, 20 Jun. 2014
Great usb hub. Like the on and off switch. Like the design, style and weight. Great for using to watch films via TV, as when I just stuck my stick directly into the TV it failed after around an hour, due to the heat from the TV, this way the heat is dispersed along the length of the cable and it no longer fails. Great hub and great price would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, compact option for expanding USB 3.0 connections, 30 Nov. 2014
Amazon Customer - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This hub comes in simple, minimalistic packaging that makes unpacking and recycling easy. It's a fairly small device - it's fairly similar to a Snickers bar in size, so it should fit easily into backpacks, handbags, luggage, and even pockets. The design is simple and unobtrusive, with only the Inateck logo at the top and a brushed metal textured panel around the USB ports for accent. It should fit right in with your other gadgets.

The connector cable comes with an integral USB to micro-USB adapter so it can be used with the larger PC jacks as well as most tablets without proprietary connectors. As you can see in the product images, the cable is about 30cm, which isn't particularly long, but it should be plenty for most users without adding another long cable to get easily tangled up in your bag.

The hub was recognised and installed immediately when I plugged it into my PC running 64bit Windows 8.1 - I didn't have to download any additional drivers and the hub is not packaged with a CD. It just works out of the box, which is what all hardware should do, in my opinion. Since my motherboard only provides 3 USB 3.0 ports, the port expands my options considerably - I'm now able to connect multiple USB 3.0 external hard drives and sticks without an appreciable loss of speed.

Of course, the port also provides backwards compatibility with USB 2.0, so you can still use your older USB devices.

Aside from being useful for giving my PC more ports, this hub also supports USB on-the-go (OTG) connections with phones and tablets. I was able to connect the hub to my Xperia Z3 Compact and transfer files to and from a USB stick. This functionality is extremely useful and could allow me to leave my laptop at home when I'm traveling.

Overall, it's a useful wee device that achieves exactly what it advertises for a decent price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very neat USB hub with OTG for compatible devices., 23 Nov. 2014
Willy Eckerslike (France) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
One never has enough USB ports, particularly on an old laptop so a hub of some sort is bound to come in handy. The item arrived in a neatly packaged box and feels robust and well made. Windows 7 (32 bit) recognised the device immediately and mouse, keyboard, memory sticks, external hard drive and phone all work faultlessly through the hub. The USB wireless adaptor, however, did not work (yes, the laptop is that old); Windows saw it as an unknown device which did not install properly. I tried it on the newer desktop computer too with the same result. Not quite top marks there then but the Amazon product description does warn that wireless devices may not work. Never mind.

I had to do a bit of research on the OTG function as I had no idea what it meant (apparently ‘On-The-Go’). The idea is that one can connect the device to a compatible phone or tablet to provide USB connectivity for memory sticks and keyboards and stuff. Connectivity is provided via a USB to Micro-B adaptor which, conveniently, fits into my cheap Chinese Galaxy 3 knock-off running Android 4.1 (so OTG support should theoretically be there). Nothing, however, happened when I plugged a memory stick into the device connected to my phone. Enabling ‘USB Debugging’ (Settings/ Developer options) made no difference. A bit more research pointed me to a ‘USB Host Diagnostics’ app in the PlayStore which I duly downloaded. Unsurprisingly, my phone does not support USB hosting so I cannot test the OTG function. However, I have no doubt that it works perfectly well on compatible devices and would be a very useful feature.

Neither computer has USB 3 so I can’t comment on that, but it works fine with USB 1.1 and 2 (notwithstanding the wireless adaptor issue).

I was contacted by the seller offering a free sample in return for an honest review so, not being one to turn down freebies (although I have turned down things I can’t test or don’t want), I gave it a go and now have a very handy little USB hub.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent hub works well with Mac/PC and Android devices, 22 Nov. 2014
Sue H "Sunshine Suzzy" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Basically this is a USB hub that gives you 4 ports three on the top of the device and one at the end. The connector cable is ~30cm long and is fixed into the hub. The hub is light weight plastic with a metal trim. There is also a micro USB adapter (OTG). There are no user instructions in the box, although it is pretty simple to operate, the key features are on the box, and there is movie on the product web site if a visual demo is helpful. The hub plug and play, no driver needed, worked perfectly on Mac running Yosemite, PCs running Windows 7 and 8.1.

The makers state that its USB3.0 but compatible with 2 and 1.1 so works with older devices. I plugged in USB sticks of various make and size which were seen by all devices, I didn't notice any lag in performance. I also plugged in my USB3 external hard drives, even the 2TB drive was seen a worked with all systems.

I have a Logitech wireless mouse which has a small connector which needs to go in a USB socket, the mouse worked straight away plugged into the hub, even on the Mac. Via the hub my Echo smart pen connected and charged.

Apple devices
===========
An iphone 5 and 4S connected, drop box synced photos and charged via the hub
The original ipad, ipad2 and ipad 4 connected to a Mac via the hub dropbox synced photos, but would not charge via the hub. This is not uncommon for ipads they don't like certain plugs and connectors.

The MacBook Pro model I have has only 2 USB ports which are quite close together, and with 2 external drives with photos and another with video, 2 USB sockets is not enough, so an expansion hub is superb. No more having to copy files to the hard drive and then to a stick-hooray! (An old USB hub which dates from Win98 days happy works with Win8.1 but the Mac doesn't see any devices connected to this old hub)

Android devices
============
Connected to a Mac and PC via the hub Samsung Galaxy Note II charged and was seen as a mass storage device.
Tablets were similar to ipads Samsung Tab 3 and Note 10 2014 edition would connect but not charge.

OTG
====
The micro USB adapter (OTG) was an added bonus, wasn't sure why it was needed at first as you can just use your USB cable to connect to a pc and charge and use device management software. However the adapter means you can connect the USB hub into the phone or tablet via the micro USB charging socket and transfer data from another USB data source plugged into the hub! I could even use the mouse on the tablet and phone to a limited extent! (However the external hard drives were too much, phone and tablet could not see these to transfer data.)

I can now connect my SD card directly to my phone or tablet and transfer pictures, no time wasted trying to get a wifi signal on the camera and copy that way hoorah!

No negatives really, might have been nice if the cable was not hard wired into the hub body as then it could be changed for a longer cable or replaced if at any time in the future the cable gets broken.

N.B. This product was provided free of charge by the manufacturers for testing purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars inateck-hb4002g-4-port-usb-3-0-hub-otg, 28 Sept. 2014
Length:: 0:52 Mins

Inateck was kind enough to send me their 4 Port Usb 3 + OTG Hub for review

Below are some specs

SuperSpeed USB 3.0 supports transfer rates up to 5 Gbps - The actual transmission speed is limited by the setting of the device connected; Backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.1.
Massive expansion, Provide 4 ports USB3.0 to connect 4 USB devices for accessing; Backward Compatible with USB 2.0; Support for Windows 8/ 7/ Vista/ XP, Mac OS X 10.8.4
Innovative USB 3.0 4 port hub with OTG support, convenient data transfer solution for tablets and other mobile devices; Compact and portable; Length of the USB cable of 30cm, Special for Laptop/ Ultrabook/ MACBOOK/ Tablet PC and PC
Safe and reliable; Build in Overvoltage/Overcurrent/Leakage and Short-Circuit protection unit; The connection cable is attached to the hub -no need to worry about leaving it behind or losing it
High Performance with VIA VL812 Chipset; Slim Size - Easy Carrying and Experience; Powered via USB - No Additional Power Adapter and Driver is needed

When i first got this i was loving the design and the feel of a quality build it has 4 Usb 3 ports and a Otg connector as a bonus to connect powerlessly to your smartphones or laptops or tablets with Usb sticks and keyboards and mice.

Only device when tested it would not work with the galaxy s4 mini on OTG but all other devices picked up the OTG perfectly.

Would highly recommend this new innotive product from Inatek it is compact,robust and lightweight and does exactly what it says.

find more detailed review on http://www.mygameslounge.com in reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device..., 12 Aug. 2014
Stella (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Brilliant gadget! I initially thought this would be an ideal way to add three extra usb ports to my laptop but it's turned out to be much more useful as a SD card reader.

Yes, it charges my phone and my kindles and my mp3 and even my speaker and does it all brilliantly, but what I use it most for is transferring data (photo's and music etc) from my phone to my laptop and vice versa.

It's so easy to use and I just plugged it in and the drivers were installed automatically, really is plug 'n play. It's a very small and neat unit and easy to pop in a pocket to use while out and about.

Love it and recommend. Best hub of it's kind that I've tried and very competitively priced.