This 4 point external USB hub is fantastic, absolutely fantastic.
Hubs like this that are well made and reliable are hard to find in my experience and this ticks all the boxes.
Published 2 months ago by A. I. McCulloch

3.0 out of 5 stars Mac users beware
When I unpacked this I was pleased with the robust feel and look; it seemed to be ideal for what I wanted - extending the USB slots on a new iMac.

However, ..

I've a number of Apple devices (SuperDrive, iPadAir, iPhone, etc), and this hub won't power them all (see addendum below).

When I plugged it in and moved my keyboard (not Apple!) it...
Published 11 months ago by crliege

5.0 out of 5 stars Can be used on all USBs from 1.1 to 3.0, from XP to 8.1, plus Macbooks- compact, attractive, powerful & reliable., 17 Mar. 2015
A. I. McCulloch "Andrea" (Co Durham) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This 4 point external USB hub is fantastic, absolutely fantastic.
As I write this my Inateck hub is currently charging/powering an external speaker for my laptop/iiPhone, and charging an external power pack for my iPhone. It can support two high power devices at any one time.
There was no set up, I simply plugged it in, it was recognised by the laptop and in instant use.
This performance is all the more pleasing in that I don't have a USB 3.0 port on the very basic spare laptop that I'm using, but only a USB 2.0 port. This Inateck HB 4007 hub has complete backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 and 1.1, and by no means every USB 3.0 device has this.

This really is a device that all the family can use, it supports Windows systems right back to XP and right up to Windows 8.1 plus Macbooks.
I have tested this on my son's laptop, which does have USB 3.0 and the upload speed of data files from a stick was truly impressive. As with all devices there was instant recognition.

What makes it even better is the size - it's compact, but very well made, weighing just 50g, about the same size as a wrapped chocolate biscuit, and superficially resembles a small cigarette machine. The thick sturdy USB to USB cable is c. 30cms long so this hub is really is designed to sit on the desktop - or in my case the arm of my chair . You can pop this in to the side pocket of your laptop bag where it will take up virtually no room.
Visually, it's very attractive with a silvery brushed aluminium case, a curved ergonomic design with no sharp corners and a smart white Inateck logo. I'm absolutely thrilled with it.
Unquestionably five stars.
I received this to review without cost, this is my honest and unbiased opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like many notebook owners with external hard drives, 28 July 2014
This review is from: Inateck Mini 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with 1ft USB 3.0 Cable for Laptops, Ultrabooks, Macbook and Tablet PCs, Bus-Powered (Electronics)
I have a Dell M17 XPS, and I wanted to put less wear on my USB 3.0 ports. Like many notebook owners with external hard drives, I found myself constantly plugging or unplugging USB devices in and out of the system.
The Inateck USB 3.0 4-Port Hub solves the problem of constantly reaching over your laptop to swap USB devices. Simply plug this small device into one of your USB 3.0 ports and you instantly gain another four USB 3.0 ports for use. If you have things like hard drives, game controllers or tablets or input devices, this device will save you time when swapping them in and out. Such a small device makes all the difference if you just want to get work done or play your games or just want to plug your devices in and forget about them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Video Review and Demo for Inateck USB3.0 HUB, 3 Mar. 2014
Length:: 6:33 Mins

Video review and demo of Inateck USB3.0 Hub. Adi shows you the device in action and talks you through the benefits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hub, 20 Jun. 2014
Great usb hub. Like the on and off switch. Like the design, style and weight. Great for using to watch films via TV, as when I just stuck my stick directly into the TV it failed after around an hour, due to the heat from the TV, this way the heat is dispersed along the length of the cable and it no longer fails. Great hub and great price would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, compact option for expanding USB 3.0 connections, 30 Nov. 2014
This hub comes in simple, minimalistic packaging that makes unpacking and recycling easy. It's a fairly small device - it's fairly similar to a Snickers bar in size, so it should fit easily into backpacks, handbags, luggage, and even pockets. The design is simple and unobtrusive, with only the Inateck logo at the top and a brushed metal textured panel around the USB ports for accent. It should fit right in with your other gadgets.

The connector cable comes with an integral USB to micro-USB adapter so it can be used with the larger PC jacks as well as most tablets without proprietary connectors. As you can see in the product images, the cable is about 30cm, which isn't particularly long, but it should be plenty for most users without adding another long cable to get easily tangled up in your bag.

The hub was recognised and installed immediately when I plugged it into my PC running 64bit Windows 8.1 - I didn't have to download any additional drivers and the hub is not packaged with a CD. It just works out of the box, which is what all hardware should do, in my opinion. Since my motherboard only provides 3 USB 3.0 ports, the port expands my options considerably - I'm now able to connect multiple USB 3.0 external hard drives and sticks without an appreciable loss of speed.

Of course, the port also provides backwards compatibility with USB 2.0, so you can still use your older USB devices.

Aside from being useful for giving my PC more ports, this hub also supports USB on-the-go (OTG) connections with phones and tablets. I was able to connect the hub to my Xperia Z3 Compact and transfer files to and from a USB stick. This functionality is extremely useful and could allow me to leave my laptop at home when I'm traveling.

Overall, it's a useful wee device that achieves exactly what it advertises for a decent price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very neat USB hub with OTG for compatible devices., 23 Nov. 2014
Willy Eckerslike (France) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
One never has enough USB ports, particularly on an old laptop so a hub of some sort is bound to come in handy. The item arrived in a neatly packaged box and feels robust and well made. Windows 7 (32 bit) recognised the device immediately and mouse, keyboard, memory sticks, external hard drive and phone all work faultlessly through the hub. The USB wireless adaptor, however, did not work (yes, the laptop is that old); Windows saw it as an unknown device which did not install properly. I tried it on the newer desktop computer too with the same result. Not quite top marks there then but the Amazon product description does warn that wireless devices may not work. Never mind.

I had to do a bit of research on the OTG function as I had no idea what it meant (apparently ‘On-The-Go’). The idea is that one can connect the device to a compatible phone or tablet to provide USB connectivity for memory sticks and keyboards and stuff. Connectivity is provided via a USB to Micro-B adaptor which, conveniently, fits into my cheap Chinese Galaxy 3 knock-off running Android 4.1 (so OTG support should theoretically be there). Nothing, however, happened when I plugged a memory stick into the device connected to my phone. Enabling ‘USB Debugging’ (Settings/ Developer options) made no difference. A bit more research pointed me to a ‘USB Host Diagnostics’ app in the PlayStore which I duly downloaded. Unsurprisingly, my phone does not support USB hosting so I cannot test the OTG function. However, I have no doubt that it works perfectly well on compatible devices and would be a very useful feature.

Neither computer has USB 3 so I can’t comment on that, but it works fine with USB 1.1 and 2 (notwithstanding the wireless adaptor issue).

I was contacted by the seller offering a free sample in return for an honest review so, not being one to turn down freebies (although I have turned down things I can’t test or don’t want), I gave it a go and now have a very handy little USB hub.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent hub works well with Mac/PC and Android devices, 22 Nov. 2014
Sue H "Sunshine Suzzy" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Basically this is a USB hub that gives you 4 ports three on the top of the device and one at the end. The connector cable is ~30cm long and is fixed into the hub. The hub is light weight plastic with a metal trim. There is also a micro USB adapter (OTG). There are no user instructions in the box, although it is pretty simple to operate, the key features are on the box, and there is movie on the product web site if a visual demo is helpful. The hub plug and play, no driver needed, worked perfectly on Mac running Yosemite, PCs running Windows 7 and 8.1.

The makers state that its USB3.0 but compatible with 2 and 1.1 so works with older devices. I plugged in USB sticks of various make and size which were seen by all devices, I didn't notice any lag in performance. I also plugged in my USB3 external hard drives, even the 2TB drive was seen a worked with all systems.

I have a Logitech wireless mouse which has a small connector which needs to go in a USB socket, the mouse worked straight away plugged into the hub, even on the Mac. Via the hub my Echo smart pen connected and charged.

Apple devices
===========
An iphone 5 and 4S connected, drop box synced photos and charged via the hub
The original ipad, ipad2 and ipad 4 connected to a Mac via the hub dropbox synced photos, but would not charge via the hub. This is not uncommon for ipads they don't like certain plugs and connectors.

The MacBook Pro model I have has only 2 USB ports which are quite close together, and with 2 external drives with photos and another with video, 2 USB sockets is not enough, so an expansion hub is superb. No more having to copy files to the hard drive and then to a stick-hooray! (An old USB hub which dates from Win98 days happy works with Win8.1 but the Mac doesn't see any devices connected to this old hub)

Android devices
============
Connected to a Mac and PC via the hub Samsung Galaxy Note II charged and was seen as a mass storage device.
Tablets were similar to ipads Samsung Tab 3 and Note 10 2014 edition would connect but not charge.

OTG
====
The micro USB adapter (OTG) was an added bonus, wasn't sure why it was needed at first as you can just use your USB cable to connect to a pc and charge and use device management software. However the adapter means you can connect the USB hub into the phone or tablet via the micro USB charging socket and transfer data from another USB data source plugged into the hub! I could even use the mouse on the tablet and phone to a limited extent! (However the external hard drives were too much, phone and tablet could not see these to transfer data.)

I can now connect my SD card directly to my phone or tablet and transfer pictures, no time wasted trying to get a wifi signal on the camera and copy that way hoorah!

No negatives really, might have been nice if the cable was not hard wired into the hub body as then it could be changed for a longer cable or replaced if at any time in the future the cable gets broken.

N.B. This product was provided free of charge by the manufacturers for testing purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars inateck-hb4002g-4-port-usb-3-0-hub-otg, 28 Sept. 2014
Length:: 0:52 Mins

Inateck was kind enough to send me their 4 Port Usb 3 + OTG Hub for review

Below are some specs

SuperSpeed USB 3.0 supports transfer rates up to 5 Gbps - The actual transmission speed is limited by the setting of the device connected; Backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.1.
Massive expansion, Provide 4 ports USB3.0 to connect 4 USB devices for accessing; Backward Compatible with USB 2.0; Support for Windows 8/ 7/ Vista/ XP, Mac OS X 10.8.4
Innovative USB 3.0 4 port hub with OTG support, convenient data transfer solution for tablets and other mobile devices; Compact and portable; Length of the USB cable of 30cm, Special for Laptop/ Ultrabook/ MACBOOK/ Tablet PC and PC
Safe and reliable; Build in Overvoltage/Overcurrent/Leakage and Short-Circuit protection unit; The connection cable is attached to the hub -no need to worry about leaving it behind or losing it
High Performance with VIA VL812 Chipset; Slim Size - Easy Carrying and Experience; Powered via USB - No Additional Power Adapter and Driver is needed

When i first got this i was loving the design and the feel of a quality build it has 4 Usb 3 ports and a Otg connector as a bonus to connect powerlessly to your smartphones or laptops or tablets with Usb sticks and keyboards and mice.

Only device when tested it would not work with the galaxy s4 mini on OTG but all other devices picked up the OTG perfectly.

Would highly recommend this new innotive product from Inatek it is compact,robust and lightweight and does exactly what it says.

find more detailed review on http://www.mygameslounge.com in reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Blisteringly fast, well built and Gigabit Ethernet too! Love it!, 20 Sept. 2014
If like me, you’ve got a Mac Book Pro or Air with just two USB hubs or a Windows laptop - you’ll need this device. This one has the advantage of the blisteringly fast USB 3.0 speeds. I absolutely love it.

Here’s why….

Firstly, this is beautifully well designed and built. It’s a tiny little device, and comes in at about 4.5 inches long by 1 inch wide and half an inch deep, and works with both Windows and Mac devices.

It appears very well built, and tough with 3 USB ports arranged in a line, and a super-fast gigabit ethernet port at the end..

It has a permanently connected (and thick top quality) foot long USB cable which you just plug into your PC or Mac, and off you go. What I liked about the design of this hub is each socket has lots of space around each of the ports. I find it a bit of a pain on my MacBook Pro that the sockets are so close - it means I sometimes can’t plug in to devices if their plugs are particularly large.

In terms of speed, I did a quick test using both my USB 2.0 and 3.0 hubs, and this one is BLISTERINGLY FAST. I was getting a consistent 35 Mbs on my old 2.0 hub which was OK - but when I used this it ran consistently at around 130 Mbs on both read and write. That means I can now transfer data at THREE TIMES FASTER than before.

Of course you’ll need a USB 3.0 device to get the most out of it - but it’s worth the investment.

The fact it has a gigabit ethernet port is the icing on the cake. It means if you have a MacBook Air and want the absolutely fastest connection to the internet you still can.

It's worth noting, this doesn't have an external power cord which means it's powered directly from your computer. This is both an advantage and a disadvantage. The advantage is you don't need to plug in a power cord in addition to the USB hub. The disadvantage is you can't charge a smartphone or tablet directly from this hub. Having said that, I connected two 60Gb external disks to my MacBook Pro at the same time without any problems whatsoever.

Everything I plugged into this worked wonderfully including a powered external hard drive, two tiny (self-powered) USB hard drives, a printer and a couple of USB sticks. Needless to say it worked equally well with older USB 2.0 devices, but MUCH faster with my USB 3.0 disks.

Disclosure: I was kindly sent this by the manufacturer to give an independent unbiased review, but when they’re this good, it’s just a pleasure!

5.0 out of 5 stars OTG is a bonus, 7 Jan. 2014
I received this free to test and review.

PLEASE NOTE a number of different devices are reviewed under this heading, the one I am reviewing is the 4 port with OTG capability and unpowered.

Out of the box and it is well packed, it is a well-made hub with a slightly unusual configuration having 3 standard usb sockets on the top and one on the end. As I use a lot of memory sticks I like this configuration as it allows them to point upwards and less prone to damage than the usual format where they stick out from the side.
Being usb 3 it is fast, I did not measure transfer speed as such but it seemed just as fast as when I was transferring files directly from the usb 3 socket on my laptop. Although it draws power from the PC/laptop or other device and will power usb attachments if you want to have anything that has a high power requirement it is better to ensure that it is separately powered, this is more important when in OTG (On the Go) mode.
It can be used as an OTG device by plugging an adaptor (Supplied and tethered) on to the end of the standard usb plug). OTG although included in the usb2 standard has not been widely implemented and certainly not for cameras etc. With the OTG adaptor and plugging the micro usb plug into a Chinese unbranded tablet running Android 4.0.3 "Ice Cream sandwich" it worked well and supported a number of usb devices including HDD and memory sticks. This was very useful to transfer MP4 video easily. I do not have a OTG compatible phone so check that your phone or other device is OTG compatible if that is the primary reason for getting this hub.
I also tested this with a laptop running Windows 8.
In summary
A very useful, fast and well made usb3 hub with the bonus of OTG compatibility.