5.0 out of 5 stars Good Purchase
This review is for the version with 6 ports + 2 charging ports.

I bought this for the multitude of ports plus the ability to charge a smartphone and Kindle simultaneously, removing the need for multiple chargers.

Published 16 months ago by Tristram Shandy

3.0 out of 5 stars Mac users beware
When I unpacked this I was pleased with the robust feel and look; it seemed to be ideal for what I wanted - extending the USB slots on a new iMac.

However, ..

I've a number of Apple devices (SuperDrive, iPadAir, iPhone, etc), and this hub won't power them all (see addendum below).

When I plugged it in and moved my keyboard (not Apple!) it...
Published 9 months ago by crliege

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Purchase, 4 Nov. 2013
This review is for the version with 6 ports + 2 charging ports.

It fulfils the need perfectly. It is sturdy and well-built, though quite light. It does tend to slide around quite easily, the feet could have been made with a bit more friction.

It is backwards compatible with USB2 and USB 1.1 so any USB device can be plugged in. There are reports that USB2 devices are slightly faster in a USB3 port, so your old devices could see an improvement in speed if the hub is connected to a computer USB3 port. However, in theory a USB3 HDD attached to the hub with USB2 devices as well could have a lower transfer speed as the hub adapts to the USB2 protocol.

5.0 out of 5 stars Video Review and Demo for Inateck USB3.0 HUB, 3 Mar. 2014
Length:: 6:33 Mins

Video review and demo of Inateck USB3.0 Hub. Adi shows you the device in action and talks you through the benefits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like many notebook owners with external hard drives, 28 July 2014
This review is from: Inateck 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub Bus-Powered for Laptops, Ultrabooks and Tablet PCs, Support Windows 8/ 7/ Vista/ XP, Mac OS X 10.8.4, with 1ft USB 3.0 Cable (Electronics)
I have a Dell M17 XPS, and I wanted to put less wear on my USB 3.0 ports. Like many notebook owners with external hard drives, I found myself constantly plugging or unplugging USB devices in and out of the system.
The Inateck USB 3.0 4-Port Hub solves the problem of constantly reaching over your laptop to swap USB devices. Simply plug this small device into one of your USB 3.0 ports and you instantly gain another four USB 3.0 ports for use. If you have things like hard drives, game controllers or tablets or input devices, this device will save you time when swapping them in and out. Such a small device makes all the difference if you just want to get work done or play your games or just want to plug your devices in and forget about them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hub, 20 Jun. 2014
Great usb hub. Like the on and off switch. Like the design, style and weight. Great for using to watch films via TV, as when I just stuck my stick directly into the TV it failed after around an hour, due to the heat from the TV, this way the heat is dispersed along the length of the cable and it no longer fails. Great hub and great price would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device..., 12 Aug. 2014
Stella (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Brilliant gadget! I initially thought this would be an ideal way to add three extra usb ports to my laptop but it's turned out to be much more useful as a SD card reader.

Yes, it charges my phone and my kindles and my mp3 and even my speaker and does it all brilliantly, but what I use it most for is transferring data (photo's and music etc) from my phone to my laptop and vice versa.

It's so easy to use and I just plugged it in and the drivers were installed automatically, really is plug 'n play. It's a very small and neat unit and easy to pop in a pocket to use while out and about.

Love it and recommend. Best hub of it's kind that I've tried and very competitively priced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding performance and value, 6 Jan. 2014
the Inateck HBU3VL2-4 ES 4-Port USB3 hub for for a couple of months, for use on my Macbookpro 2011, usb via expresscard 34, cladigit; and macbook pro late 2013.
I have used this on mountain lion and mavericks, and my overall opinion is that indeed, this item is outstanding.

Having been given the first item as a gift for review. I was so impressed, that i have two (one as a gift), with one as a travel buddy for my macbook.

PRESENTATION/ CONFIG
The hub is really very small and takes next no no space. It also has a relatively small usb connector, thus, reducing clutter on my desk. I have multiple longer extensions, but the one supplied is perfect size for my needs. The presentation is excellent, the item looks well constructed, and over the past few months of continuous use, including taking it to work daily, has remained full intact, unlike other more expensive hubs i had purchased in the past. The usb slots are snugly and well fitted, and crafted well - spaced not too far or close. The metal plate over the usb sockets manifest a sophisticated and refined product' with several of my colleagues commenting that the item appears 'expensive'.
The LAN socket is sturdy, and located on the distal end of the hub.

The item came well presented in secure packaging, with appropriate documentation. The cardboard box, housing the product is rather robust, and now used to secure my old SSD, that i carry around as a USB3 scratch / thumb drive (in addition to my micro sata-usb3 dock)

TESTING:
Test involved a standardised folder containing: ,mixture of small doc/pdfs and large movie files, some over 2gb [test was repeated 5 times, average taken]

USB2 Test; sandisk extreme pen drive = 38mb/s write; usb 2 2GB via inatack dock - 37mb write, 44mb's read.
USB 3, using same peripherals as above, have me 135m/s read; 110m/s write

I have tested this dock with a plethora of usb devices, all working well.
USB3 devices, dell ultrasharp monitor hub, sandisk extreme usb pendrive, OWC dock, segate go flex, usb3 hdd

Overall, this item is incredibly reliable, sturdy, robust and performs as well as some of the enterprise solutions out in the wild! For continuous use over the past 3 months, performance and resilience has remained unscathed, despite heavy use and many trips in my laptop bag!

Cons - honestly can not fault this item what so ever!

5.0 out of 5 stars Decided on this and I'm not disappointed. It looks great and works with no issues, 12 July 2014
Bought this as i have a 27" iMac and started to run out of USB ports and also the fact of having to reach round the back to access the ports can be a pain at times.

Decided on this and I'm not disappointed.

It looks great and works with no issues, and does what its suppose to do.

My only minor gripe is that its a little light and i would of preferred it to be a little more weighty, so that when connecting and disconnecting devices it wouldn't be moving around everywhere.

I have solved this by using some velcro and secured it to my iMac stand.

5.0 out of 5 stars All aboard the bus..., 22 Jan. 2014
I must admit USB-3 sneaked up on me a bit and I suddenly realised I'd got more USB-3 devices, especially hard drives, than I had free ports and needed a solution. Mixing USB-2 and USB-3 devices on a single port is rarely a good idea because most computers will then fallback to the lowest common denominator and then all your faster USB-3 devices are needlessly slowed down to USB-2 speeds. This inateck 4-port hub is solidly made with a hefty (but short) run of cable and four USB-3 ports, three on top and one at the end. There's a handy optional adaptor attached to the cable which downsizes the USB connector to a USB-micro (B) one, for use with ultrabooks or tablets that support it, but you could cut this adaptor off and store it separately if it's in the way or not needed. There's a nice brushed metal plate inset into the top which hopefully will show fewer scratches than shiny plastic might. It does seem slightly chunkier than it needs to be, but not so much that it makes it difficult to carry around if you need to. It draws all its power from the USB connection so there's no mains adaptor, but on some computers (especially laptops) you might find connecting too many high-drain devices causes problems. As far as speeds go I found nothing to complain about - even with a couple of hard-drives attached and both reading/write data simultaneously I saw barely any slowdown of throughput - your milage may vary as this again might be more down to the host computer. In fact I can't really find anything to complain about at all, it just works and solves the problem it's meant for without any fuss or the need to install anything extra - it even comes nicely boxed, if that matters to you. (Disclosure: device was received for review)

5.0 out of 5 stars Inateck USB 3.0 x 3 Port + 1 x Gigabit Ethernet (HBU3VL3-4), 30 Dec. 2013
I got the Inateck HBU3VL3-4 to add 3 extra USB 3.0 ports to my desktop PC, which currently has 2 x USB 3.0 ports, thanks to Inateck's brilliant PCI-E to USB 3.0 card (see my review here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1PUL93NHZT6MA/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm).

***** In The Box *****

Upon opening the box, i found:
1 x USB 3.0 Hub with Ethernet port
1 x Driver CD
1 x User Manual

***** Installation *****

This product doesn't really need much installing, but connection to my Windows 7 x64 computer was extremely simple - it was just a matter of plugging the hub into a USB 3.0 port on my PC and waiting a few seconds while windows installed the driver for the Ethernet port for me (I didn't even need the supplied driver CD).

Note!
You can also plug the hub into a USB 2.0 port, but you will not benefit from the increased speed and power that USB 3.0 brings.

***** Testing *****

I plugged my Buffalo USB 3.0 MiniStation Slim HDD, into one of the ports on the hub and then ran a CrystalDisk Mark test on the hard disk to test the read and write speeds of the drive. The Sequential Read speed was 112.5 MB/s while the Sequential Write speed was 112.8 (see product images for more detail), pretty much identical speeds as when connecting the HDD straight to the Inateck PCI-E to USB 3.0 card.

Although i haven't ran any sort of data throughput tests on the hub's included Gigabit ethernet port, i can confirm that windows shows that the ethernet port connected at 1.0 Gbps and web browsing and streaming video was as smooth as my usual 1.0 Gbps ethernet connection.

***** Conclusion *****

The Inateck USB 3.0 hub and Ethernet port, is a great little device - allowing you to easily expand the number of USB 3.0 ports available on your laptop or PC, while at the same time you get the added bonus of an extra Ethernet port.

Although the casing is made of plastic, the hub feels nice and solid and of very good quality.

The only thing that would have been nice to have, but isn't included on the Inateck HBU3VL3-4 hub, would be a power indicator LED for the USB ports and send/receive indicator LED's for the Ethernet port, but this would definitely not stop me from recommending the product in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Video Review! Loved the product!, 25 July 2014
I loved it! I made a review on my youtube channel, I recommend you watch it if you are interested in the product!

Watch the review here: