4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read!
I wouldn't normally read Sci-fi/fantasy, but gave it a try on a recommendation and wasn't disappointed! Well written, good description of characters both human and non-human, with laugh out loud moments - impressed with first time author J.F. Monahan
Published 17 months ago by B Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh Dear - what was he on?
At £1.99 I was prepared to give a new author a go. The story (I'll be generous) is like a combination of Red Dwarf and Bennie Hill but without the humour. If I'd been drinking all day I might have found it mildly amusing. Even at £1.99 I feel robbed. One Star because you can't give none.
Published 15 months ago by Nick Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read!, 8 July 2013
This review is from: Intergalactic Terrorist (New Dimension Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Fun Romp in Space, 22 Jun 2013
Not the usual type of book I would read, but this made me chuckle and smile which not many comedy books do.

For those who love 'Hitchikers...', 'Tom Sharpe and Terry Pratchet novels, give it a try, Mr Monahan's 1st published effort deserves a read.

A new star in your reading space.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, a new very clever author!, 12 Jun 2013
This book ticks all my boxes! It is very well written, the story is funny (made me laugh out loud more than once), fast paced and clever. The characters are likeable, and believable, which considering that most aren't human, takes some doing. The main character of Charlie Pinwright is well developed, you can share his emotions (mostly anger and confusion)and I certainly felt by the end of the first chapter that I knew him well and could picture him clearly. The writing and story remind me of a cross between Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett, which luckily are two of my favourite authors so well done Mr Monahan! It is the perfect mix of sci-fi and fantasy, not too technical to make it a hard read and not too fantastic as to be unbelievable! I am certainly looking forward to the next one in what I hope is a long series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Sci Fi story, 28 Oct 2013
I must admit, I'm not a huge Sci-fi fan, but when Joseph asked me to read this one, I couldn't say no. I mean, just look at the description.

Intergalactic Terrorist follows Charlie. He lost his job, then gets abducted by an hilarious, and I mean really funny, trouble making race of aliens. And it happens all in one day.
I got to give it to Joseph, There were actually moments that I laughed out loud. He has one of those writting styles that you can easily follows and enjoy. His characters and plots were so well developed that some might even read this a couple of times to catch some things you've missed out the first time.

The only thing that I didn't like was some editorial issues. Now I must say that I have a very trained eye for these sort of mistakes, because I'm an author myself and we push ourselves to concentrate on errors. I doubt that some readers will catch it, but if they do, it wasn't that major. It didn't spoil the novel for me like some other novels do.
The other thing, there were a couple of slow paced scenes that distracted me from the main story line. Did Joseph meant to do this, maybe. Usually authors that writes series, do that, and explain it further in detail with the second novel.

I'm going to give Intergalactic Terrorist a five star.
Does that mean I'm a sci-fi fan?

Not yet, but I'm getting there.

5.0 out of 5 stars He's the next Terry Pratchett!, 23 Oct 2013
I started this book wondering what to expect, I read a lot of fiction and can be very picky. I LOVE this book and the author, what a BRILLIANT read! A very clever blend of comedy and sci-fi, elements of farce that have hilarious genuine laugh-of-loud moments!

It reminds me of the first time I had fallen in love with Terry Pratchett, J.F Monahan stands with the greats here. He has a knack for writing uniquely idiosyncratic characters. If this is his first book... well I can't wait for more!

4.0 out of 5 stars Charlie's Bad Day, 23 Aug 2013
Charlie Pinwright is having a very bad day! First he loses his job then he gets abducted by an alien. It's just the kind of thing that can put a crimp in your day. What follows is a hilarious race around the galaxy causing mayhem wherever they go.

The author made me laugh out loud often when reading this novel. You can't help but draw an obvious comparison with the work of the late Douglas Adams but it's clear that the author has his own mind and his own style. An enjoyable and light hearted story from start to finish. There were some editorial issues that could have been tightened up but nothing that would spoil it for me. The story would have benefited from a faster narrative at times, some of the asides distracted me a little from the main storyline. On the whole an enjoyable début and I'd like to see more of this kind of fiction out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read, 22 Aug 2013
Took me a while to read but I thoroughly enjoyed this book and it isn't my normal thing.
Well written with lots of LOL moments that by the end I didn't want to put it down or for it to end.
Well done to one of the most talented men I know, can't wait for the next one! 😄

4.0 out of 5 stars Intergalactic terrorist (New Dimension), 19 Aug 2013
A very good read, like Terry Pratchett meets Douglas Adams.
Funny and intriguing, makes you want to find out what comes next. I look forward to the next book

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantabulous!, 11 July 2013
Thoroughly enjoyable. Quirky comedy infused into an amazingly entertaining story. Far from the usual book I would pick up, I was dubious thinking I wouldn't get into it. But straight away I was gripped and proven wrong. So easy to read and found myself thinking about it instead of sleeping. Can't wait for more books.

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh Dear - what was he on?, 26 Sep 2013