on 29 June 2016
This is a nice R&B album. It is pretty cohesive once you get past the first track, which is brilliant, by the way. The production is nice and understated, as are Kelly's vocals for the most part.

1. Freak - 10/10 - This is a Jamie Foxx cover, but Kelly does the song justice. A very seductive mid-tempo number.
2. Kisses Down Low - 5/10 - A bit of a letdown after "Freak".
3. Gone - 8/10 - The sampling of "'Til It's Gone" is great. A wry chill song, with a catchy chorus and guest verse from Wiz Khalifa.
4. Talk a Good Game - 8/10 - This is a nice slow jam.
5. Down on Love - 8/10 - Another nice, but more mid-tempo song.
6. Dirty Laundry - 6/10 - This is a very honest record, on which Kelly details her feelings on Beyoncé's success and on an abusive relationship.
7. You Changed - 6/10 - This features Beyoncé and Michelle. Nice harmonies.
8. I Remember - 7/10 - Another nice album track.
9. Red Wine - 5/10 - Okay song, but it drags a bit for me.
10. This is Love - 8/10 - A very nice ballad.
11. Street Love - 9/10 - This is a nice hip hop-influenced song, with a nice feature from Pusha T. I especially like the arrangement of the track, the verses and the second part of the chorus.
12. Stand in Front of Me - 9/10 - Another nice ballad. I like Kelly's voice on this, especially where she self-harmonises in a different octave.
13. Sky Walker - 8/10 - The first of three bonus tracks. Another nice one.
14. Put Your Name on It - 9/10 - Brilliant vocal performance here.
15. #1 - 6/10 - Okay song. Probably not the best choice for a closer.
on 15 October 2013
This is my first record from Kelly as a solo artist and i was expecting alot after her stint with Destiny Child and afew collaboration with Nelly.The title track is good and street lights stays on your mind for some time.The cover design is raunchy and will cover many a boy's wall .A very sexy design indeed.Music must not be determined by the artwork on the cover.
on 20 June 2013
This is a great album I would recommend that you purchase it great beats and great lyrics and Kelly has a great voice
on 20 July 2013
This album is best that Kelly Rowland has released and really does show where she is in her life, and how much as a solo artist she has grown into. This album has a brilliant set list with the stand out songs being 'Freak', 'Dirty Laundry' and 'I Remember'. And another huge contributing factor of this album which makes it so soul-ful and brilliant, is the fact that kelly co-penned 14/15 of the songs ('Freak' is a cover). It's an excellent album, one that i enjoy to listen to, so pure and real, using her own weakness to pen them into such meaningful songs, ones that are not designed to be huge hits, rather than to reflect of that of her life, ones that make for brilliant listening and those that will be recognised at excellence at its BEST. A must buy.
on 18 June 2013
I bought this album because I am huge fan of Kelly and honestly I have not been disappointed with this album.

You can definitely tell how Kelly has matured through her music since her last album "Here I Am". This album is more of a return to her R'n'B roots and has much more of a chilled, laid-back sound compared to the last album. The lyrics of the album are also definitely a high point of the album which you can tell in songs such as "Dirty Laundry" and "Gone".
There's even a collaboration with Beyonce & Michelle.

I personally love this album and haven't stopped playing it yet. :) Would definitely recommend.
on 9 July 2013
I like Kelly Rowland's albums, I love this album, I also love here "Here I Am" album, she makes good music, full of energy and you can't help but want to get up and dance... I love listening to her and beyonce' as separate artists instead of in destiny's Child
on 18 August 2014
This cd was a gift for my sister,i haven't listened to it myself, but my sister likes it and says there are only a couple of songs she doesn't like hence the four stars but overall she is happy with it and listens to it in the car.
on 10 July 2013
I'm a fan of Ms. Rowland ever since Ms. Kelly came out. I strongly believe she deserves more success but I also believe she's missing that ''oomph" that will give her the big boost.

The material is good and personal and the vocals are better than ever but I feel like at some points she's becoming Brandy (all the songs sound exactly the same). In my opinion, an album like, say Rihanna's "Unapologetic", with some R&B, some dance-y and basically similar to her own "Here I Am" would help her more only because dance music is the way to boost yourself these days.

With that being said, the album is a very solid effort and "I Remember", among others, is a true gem.
on 6 July 2013
This seriously is her best yet. I was hooked from the first listen. I highly recommend this. You have to give it a try.
on 30 August 2013
Good but not as good as Here I am, A few tracks take time to get going not like some tracks from previous album.