5.0 out of 5 stars Fighting Fantasy at its best.
I absolutely loved playing Fighting Fantasy game books as a kid - and still do! I couldn't believe it when I found them on the Kindle Fire and brought Forest of Doom straight away. It's every bit as good as I remember it being and can't wait for more titles to be released. I'm hoping that The Legend of Zagor will follow soon.
Published 14 months ago by Rich W

3.0 out of 5 stars Need Internet connection to play
Been looking forward to playing this one as enjoyed the paperback when I was a kid
Sat on the plane, opened it up and was told there was a problem with app!
Published 10 months ago by Ben Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Fighting Fantasy at its best., 9 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 7 Jun 2013
This review is from: Fighting Fantasy: Forest of Doom (App)
With 2 books already out, House of Hell and Blood of the Zombies, FF fans are in for a treat with this one. One of the early and better books in my opinion and with Appointment with Fear, Deathtrap Dungeon and others in the pipeline we are definitely in for some exciting books soon. As I say this is one of the early books and the one that got me into FF and fantasy in general to start with. I highly recommend this for newcomers and existing fans. 5 star rating from me. Many t
hanks to Ian Livingstone, Steve Jackson, and the people whom have brought them to Kindle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another classic FF gamebook, 4 Jun 2013
This review is from: Fighting Fantasy: Forest of Doom (App)
Yet another classic book remade into digital format. Tin Man are certainly listening to fans by releasing the best books in the series. Although £4 for an digibook is still a tad expensive. Still a challenging game though, and certainly a must play for all FF fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic nostalgic reproduction., 13 July 2013
Mr. S. G. King (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fighting Fantasy: Forest of Doom (App)
Straight conversion from paper to digital. Beautifully done. If you are familiar with the Fighting Fantasy books then you will not be disappointed. If you're not, it's a written adventure written in the first person where you make decisions on where to go and what to do within a predisposed framework. Give it a go. I really hope that the whole series is reproduced in the same way, especially "Sorcery!", which was the Fighting Fantasy jewel in their crown.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blast from the past!, 6 Sep 2013
Hjelm (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fighting Fantasy: Forest of Doom (App)
Fantastic! Felt like going back 25 years in time. The electronic version is beautifully coloured and works effortlessly. I only hope they come up with the whole backlist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes Me Back, 12 Aug 2013
This review is from: Fighting Fantasy: Forest of Doom (App)
Totally reminds me of my younger days. I bought all the Fighting Fantasy books as they first came out and really enjoyed them. They kept me occupied for hours and I loved drawing the maps and keeping records of my heroes results. The game is superb in its quality and the dice rolling mechanism is topnotch. Can't recommend it enough. It will be appreciated by all former RPG fans, Fighting Fantasy,D&D and Tunnels and Trolls players.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent nostalgia hit, 25 Sep 2013
This review is from: Fighting Fantasy: Forest of Doom (App)
Tin Man Games are to be commended for listening to customer feedback and including a map in this version. The book itself was a relatively simple one but still engaging enough. Annoyingly when I failed the first attempt it catapulted me straight back to the start with an empty inventory but this is a minor gripe as I save regularly so restarted from a relatively advanced position.

Please, please, please release the rest of the series!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Need Internet connection to play, 18 Oct 2013
This review is from: Fighting Fantasy: Forest of Doom (App)
Sat on the plane, opened it up and was told there was a problem with app!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fighting Fantasy lives!, 14 July 2014
Jonathan Kaye (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fighting Fantasy: Forest of Doom (App)
I bought the Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks back in the day, loved them then and remember them fondly today. Forest of Doom was one of my early favourites, and this version is so evocative of the original, right down to being able to bookmark pages to backtrack!

5.0 out of 5 stars Old school adventuring still very cool, 5 July 2014
Alec - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fighting Fantasy: Forest of Doom (App)
Brilliant - lovely lazy way of dice rolling - all done for you, but still exciting. I read to my kids and we all make the decisions together - they've been more transfixed on completing the quest each day, than any other high-tech games or devices they have.

Fighting Fantasy: Forest of Doom