5.0 out of 5 stars Great read.
Published 13 months ago by ARoberts

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm torn tbh
Published 13 months ago by JoJo

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm torn tbh, 27 Jun 2013
JoJo (Merseyside) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vampire Elite (Vampire Elite Series, Volume 1) (Kindle Edition)
The reviews for this were fantastic and don't get me wrong i did enjoy it, but it was tough going and raving about it? sorry no. I got fed up of Arianna being captured and drained all the time. I kept waiting for these powerful lioness powers to manifest for something to happen. Sim was just a brat, loathed her. Theores was a dead end but Loved Tor. There were so many blood bonds going on all the time I forgot who was who. Deceit and betrayal were the main features it got depressing that no body could be trusted. I felt it didn't actually go anywhere. Just when I thought, oooo this is getting better, she'd be made into blood stock again. Felt there was a very biblical undercurrent but maybe that was just me. Will I read the next one? Only if it is published quickly or it would be too much of a brain ache to get back into it. Would I recommend? For 77p yes I would as you might appreciate it more than me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, sexy, vampire story with a twist!, 7 Jun 2013
I received a copy of Vampire Elite in exchange for an honest review!

Vampire Elite is a fun adult fantasy romance. It mixes vampire lore with ancient Egyptian gods and goddesses. The book focuses on several characters, a few different love stories and the battle between the vampires and the Amiti.

There is a lot of back story and mythology involved in Vampire Elite starting with the creation of the two races. The Amiti have effectively been reduced to bloodstock for vampires, fetching extremely high prices at auction. Vampires can blood-bond with an Amiti, sharing their powers, but this gives the Amiti control over the vampire.

The book starts with the Amiti Queen facing betrayal, and the resulting quest for vengeance. Focusing on two remarkable young women the story is a sort of coming of age tale. Simone is the half-blood daughter of vampire King Tor and the former Amiti Queen Istara. Istara is forced to leave Tor and have a pureblood child with the Amiti, Marcus. Istara's other daughter Arianna is now the new future Queen of the Amiti.

I really liked Arianna, and felt so sorry for her - the poor girl really suffers! It seems pretty much everybody has an agenda when it comes to Arianna, her powers, life in general and what she should do and who she should love. Simone was harder to like, namely because some of her actions seem petty and harsh at times. I could see where she was coming from, but I often found her to be selfish and then she'd surprise me by being really selfless.

I will say that even with the glossary I found the numerous names and terms slightly confusing, but not enough to put me off from reading the next book, tbh these terms were really interesting!

There are many twists and turns in Vampire Elite, and I was often left wondering what could possibly happen next?! There's also a lot of sex scenes and descriptions, so be prepared for a sexy fantasy story with a darker edge.

4 Stars in my Sky!

My fav non-spoilery quotes:

*Jealousy blossomed in her, a monstrous sunflower, its black center swallowing her heart.
*He wanted to comfort her, but the words stuck in his throat. What could he say? What would a lion say to his prey?
*"She's an Amiti. They're all about love. I mean, look at Istara? Amiti will do anything for love."

http://ziliinthesky.blogspot.co.uk Also reviewed on my Blog Zili in the Sky!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read., 7 Jun 2013
This was a well-written, interesting exciting read for all vampire-lovers. The author establishes realistic characters with an interesting back-story. The vampires are a slight twist on the usual - which is great for vampire lovers. While they still retained some of the traditional traits, some of their world was thoroughly unique. It's nice to feel like you're reading something fresh and new, yet vaguely familiar.

I thought I had certain moments figured out but the author delivers a few twists and turns that kept me interested. With romance, suspense and good writing, this is definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Sep 2013
Team Wolf (Lowestoft England) - See all my reviews
I can't wait for the second vampire book kept me on my toes & I couldn't put the book down

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Sort but almost too depressing, 29 July 2013
I really enjoyed this book. It was written really well, the characters are all fully developed so you get a real sense of who they are, what they're about, you feel like you're reading about people that have some substance you can follow and understand their actions.

I'm all for a bit of heartache and some real trials to get to where a book is supposed to go. I've read some really hard stories where the main character suffers so much you start to think 'when will it end' but for me this book went beyond that and that's why I can't rate it higher in my opinion. It was like reading into a black void. I mean from almost page 20 Arianna gets no breaks. And anything positive she gets is so overwhelmed by the rubbish she is experiencing throughout the book I found myself just feeling thoroughly depressed. I ended up feeling as bleak as she was half the time and I wasn't even the one being drained of my blood... Constantly.

The premise is great, I love the way history and myth was intertwined and it a a slightly challenging read rather than just another typical para book but I just can't shift away from the fact there was so much misery, I actually wished I hadn't read it some of the time.

I would still recommend the book, but for those who get quite attached to characters and into their imaginary characters I'd take caution to the wind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pathological, 22 July 2013
I felt as if i used to be Arianna. i used to be feeling all of her emotions myself with the method the author wrote out every scene. Her story is thus tragic that it bust my heart however there have been pleasant and hot scenes still. I won't tell you a lot of to not spoil your browse. All i would like to mention I'm crazy with the story and am trying forwards to browse a lot of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the book!, 22 July 2013
For those of you United Nations agency ar craving for AN action packed book packed with twists, intrigues, impressive, horny vampires, then this is often the book for you. each chapter is showing emotion charged, the characters development is fabulous. you'll simply connect with them particularly 2 sisters- Simone, Arianna and 2 major male characters Tor and Anock, United Nations agency ar speculated to be evil vampires and United Nations agency don't seem to be. a combination of goodness and evil in them makes them very compelling and plausible. Loved the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.75 amazingly detailed stars, 6 July 2013
Sandy S. (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
VAMPIRE ELITE (Prophecy) is the first storyline in the Vampire Elite series co-authored by the writing team of Irina Argo. The series premise is based on Egyptian legends, gods and their descendants and is packed with world building, character development and, enough betrayal and heartbreak for a lifetime let alone centuries of pain and sorrow.

The legend states that vampires were created when a goddess became enraged and the blood she trailed created a new species dependent on blood to survive. When the vampires all but annihilated the human population another species of immortals was formed -the Amiti-as a source of blood for the vampires. But over time the Amiti became like cattle (bloodstock) to the vampires and the two species remained distinct and separate and, have been at war with each other for centuries. PROPHECY: VAMPIRE ELITE is a contemporary paranormal storyline of racism, segregation, abuse and sacrifice between the species. There are flashbacks as well as several parallel storylines that will all coalesce in the final scenes of book one.

There is plenty of background information on which the storyline premise has been built and the bigger problem between the species is the blood bonding between vampire and Amiti- that in many cases leads to a physical and emotional relationship of love and hate-and under these circumstances it is akin to a mortal sin and blasphemy against their own kind. In this, we have several scenarios that push the storyline forward when the King of the Vampires falls in love with the Queen of the Amiti. What ensues is the utmost betrayal between lovers and a declaration of war between the species.

VAMPIRE ELITE is a well written, explicitly detailed and fascinating dark story of two species who have become master and slave. The storyline is fraught with betrayal and heartbreaking sorrow as lovers becomes enemies-at some point all blood bonded lovers will know the loss of a mate; torture; destruction of a relationship and the tearing of a soul shared through the blood bond between the species. There was not one relationship or couple unaffected by the end of book one.

Irina Argo has taken a vampire tale and placed a spin all their own. This is a dark tale of racism and specieism- that excludes rights to one group (Amiti) over another (vampires): whereby one becomes the cattle to be used and abused; where membership in one species definitely has its' privileges; and death is a blessing for many. At times the altruistic nature of the relationships is painful and hard. PROPHECY: Vampire Elite is NOT your sparkly vampire series.

see all of my reviews at : thereadingcafe(dot)com

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 29 Jun 2013
Once you get into the characters its a good story. Started slowly, but when i got in to it i couldnt put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vampire Elite, 29 Jun 2013
Carmen "Carmen" (Staffordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This book is epic, fantastically written by Irina Argo, tells the tail of love betrayal and everything in between, it's a vampire story with a difference, its magical, the characters you fall in love with, and sympathise with all involved, it is one of the best vampire books I've read, A must read believe me xx