5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" - Brilliant !
Being one of the minority who are are "technologically-challenged", it took me a while to decide to buy my Kindle. However, have never regretted it for a minute. I watched a number of "how to" videos - which were excellent and have never looked back. I have used my "Mayday" button on several occasions for a variety of reasons and each time I...
Published 6 months ago by Bridge1

1.0 out of 5 stars I've been told by Amazon that the refurbished units are as good as new ones
What prospective buyers need to be aware of is that if a fault develops with your Kindle during the warranty period Amazon will not repair your Kindle and send it back to you but will replace it with a refurbished unit. My Kindle Fire HDX 64GB, retail cost £400, developed a fault after 6 months. I was told that I was being sent a new unit, but when it arrived in a plain...
Published 3 months ago by Argyll Eagle

‹ Previous | 1 2 346 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindke Fire HDX 8.9", 15 July 2014
This is the best thing I have bought from Amazon and I am a frequent customer !! It does take some working out but the time spent on doing this is well worth it. I still haven't mastered all its services but I bought a variety of Kindle books and it was invaluable on holiday when I did a lot of reading ! It also took some beautiful photos of the part of Brittany we were staying in.
my only minor grumble is that the only case I could find to fit it is black the same colour as my son's and I would have preferred a different colour.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than Kindle Fire HD, 18 May 2014
I have owned two kindles, the last being the Fire HD 8.9". I liked the look of the HDX but not the price. I shopped around and was going to buy the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10" when I noticed that Amazon had an offer on the kindle. As I really liked my kindle I decided to pay more money and go for the HDX. I am very impressed with it so far, having purchased it around 3 weeks ago, it is a lot lighter to hold and as other reviewers also state, I find having the on/off and volume switches on the back no problem at all. I did purchase the origami case for it, but was not impressed with either the case or the price, and subsequently returned it. The only gripe I have with this kindle is the wifi connection. Every time I go to use the kindle it has disconnected itself from our home wifi and I have to reconnect, sometimes it takes 2-3 attempts before it actually connects. There is no problem with our wifi as other devices in the home do not disconnect. I got in touch with Amazon who suggested certain solutions including resetting the device back to factory settings, all to avail and I am still having to reconnect each time I want to use the kindle. If anyone else has had this problem I would like to hear if they have found a solution. I am considering returning the kindle to purchase a Samsung although I cannot fault the kindle apart from the wifi

2.0 out of 5 stars Silk Browser is a pig's ear., 9 July 2014
MP3 "MP3" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Silk browser is really poor quality and lets down an otherwise excellent piece of kit. Using it is like setting out in an old car - you never know if you will get there. You usually do get there in the end but the browser is slow and uncertain and installing a better one is frowned on by Amazon. I will never understand why they protect elements of their products that spoil the overall enjoyment.

5.0 out of 5 stars The tablet to cure all your mobile computing ills!, 24 Nov 2013
J. S. Morgan "johnmorgan747" (44, RH1 2JN,UK) - See all my reviews
I was a little bit worried that the Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" would disappoint and be neither an effective tablet nor a great e-reader. I needn't have worried - this machine performs brilliantly both as a tablet and an e-reader. It is quick in action, light in weight and has the most superb screen display I have ever seen. Well done Amazon - you certainly got this one spot on in every way!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Fire HDX 8.9", 18 Aug 2014
I love my Kindle Fire HDX! I am severely sight impaired, actually registered blind. Someone at my local hospital eye clinic suggested getting a Kindle because the size of the font can be increased and with a back lit model I find it easy to read again after several years when I thought actual reading was a thing of the past. I have experimented with other models but this one, the Fire HDX 8.9 inch model. Is the most helpful to me as the size of the font can be increased to just as I need it - very large. The other thing that I love about it is that when my eyes get tired I can have it read to me. Wonderful Kindle !

1.0 out of 5 stars No way to organise your content on the device!, 9 Jun 2014
Unlike the basic paper white range, the HD / HDX range do *not* have any way to create folders and organise books and documents. Imagine how much hassle this if, like me, you use your kindle as a 'portable library' with 100s of items to take with you for professional purposes. Sure, you can use the Amazon Cloud to file/sort/order stuff, if you want to get locked in to the Amazon Ecosystem and if you have access to wifi to see your filing system. But I want to do it on my device, and I don't like the fact the Amazon won't let me.

Amazon support will tell you
a) there are "apps" that give you filing systems- but there aren't that many and none of them work correctly; and
b) they will consider adding the function - but years have gone by now and they haven't.

4.0 out of 5 stars Leo, Devon, 19 Jan 2014
After seeing the Kindle Fire my friend had at Christmas I liked it and decided to look up the reviews on the internet. After reading the reviews I decided to buy one choosing the largest memory 64 GB and the larger screen size. I liked the available Mayday button option which would help guide you through any problems via video call. I have not used it yet to say. I have already a kindle e-reader and all my books I purchased downloaded without any problems onto my kindle Fire.
The BBC i-player works great and the picture is like on my television - love this. My husband also loves to look up the latest sports news on the BBC sport app. I like the larger screen size - this is very good when watching BBC I-player, sports app and reading books.
Also love that the background can be changed when reading books as I find the normal background to glary.
The only not so good points are the minimal instructions on how to use kindle fire. Also the ability to have external memory, like an option to insert a memory card would be nice but is not available on this latest model.

2.0 out of 5 stars POOR BATTERY LIFE, 27 Mar 2014
I have had my Kindle Fire HDX since November 2013, & I am finding that the battery does not last as long as Amazon says it does. Take last night for example, I put it on charge, & found that when I woke up it was only 70% full. When I use it, I find that after about 2 hours the battery is dead. Also I am very disappointed that I cannot watch Sky Go on it, as it is not compatible with Adobe Flash Player. If I could return it & get a full refund, I would & look for another type of tablet.
VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

From

T in Hythe

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!, 3 Sep 2014
I was initially excited to receive my new Kindle. However, after purchasing Office Suite Pro, I discovered it would not print to my printer. I spent a long time talking to one of your tech. advisers, who tried everything before coming to the conclusion that the Kindle just does not support Lexmark printers. Having chosen the Kindle because it said you could print from it, then wasted money on the app., I am so disappointed. I was hoping to be able to get rid of my old laptop. Surely Amazon should list the printers which are not compatible with the Kindle in their advertising, so that people are not misled. Is there any likelihood that Lexmark will bring out an appropriate app. in the near future?

5.0 out of 5 stars My son had the 7" version - I liked the quality of the screen and speakers and the ..., 11 Aug 2014
Felix (West Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
I spent some time researching tablets-I wanted a tablet that was light weight (easier for me to hold) and had a screen larger than 7" (easier for me to see). My son had the 7" version - I liked the quality of the screen and speakers and the responsiveness of the screen. So I bought the kindle fire HDX 8.9 and I am delighted with it. I have used the May day feature a couple of times which was a great service. I use the tablet for internet browsing, reading books, and watching the odd film. The miracast feature works well with my tv (you will need to channel the signal through your play station or a netgear pushtv gadget). In my opinion it is a very good product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 346 | Next ›