4.0 out of 5 stars Compelling read...
Having read the first book and feeling greatly moved by it, I was very much looking forward to seeing what happened to Kevin and how the entire situation was handled.

Published 23 months ago by ncm

3.0 out of 5 stars Good luck Kevin
Published 19 months ago by Mr R Roberts

4.0 out of 5 stars Compelling read..., 3 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Momma, Stop! I'll Be Good!: Based on a true story of child abuse (Shannon's NH Diaries Book 2) (Kindle Edition)

This sequel follows the same diary format as the first book, and is equally as easy to read and well formatted. Although it is easy to read in the writing style, the story itself continues to be heart breaking and compelling. At points throughout the book I was reminded that this is a true story and saddened that a child could be treated in such a way.

I found the character break down at the start of the book very helpful in reminding me of who everyone is as it has been a while since I read the first book. My love for reading results in me getting through rather a lot of books, so remembering details can sometimes be difficult for me, but as soon as I read the character breakdowns everything came flooding back to me, and I was introduced to new people in this continuation.

I don't want to give too much away about the outcome of this book, as I think it is a story that needs to be read and heard about by as many people as possible. It raises issues of child abuse and what you, as an onlooker, can do to help the children. I always thought it would be a simple case of calling child services, but the knowledge I have learnt from the experiences shared in this book have definitely prepared me for what to do should I ever find myself in a similar situation.

Overall, I would definitely recommend reading this book. However, you should read `Momma, Don't Hit Me' first, as it will provide you with the story up to this point.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good luck Kevin, 23 Sept. 2013
You talking about helping families who need help. Where was your help. I also hope that the money you make from. Those two books go to families or charities who need help. I was troubled with the first book and could not understand why you didn't bang on ann' s door when you heard Kevin scream. I also don't understand why you didn't took pictures when you saw Kevin hanging over the balcony or in his pant on the stairs. It also seem to me that you were very involved in things what wasn't any of your business in what was going on apart from the abuse. ANN also asked you to look after Kevin and you refused, why? Would this not have been the best opportunity to talk to Kevin and to look for bruises. You could not do in over a year what others did in weeks????????

2.0 out of 5 stars Only just reaching average, 29 Sept. 2013
I read both these books as I was mildy curious of the outcome for Kevin. However, the author comes across to me as being an unpleasant individual and I got little feel that she was genuinely concerned for the child, more about judging the family and the neighbours. A comment about the "cheap and nasty" bit of furniture that the family took with them when they moved, summed the author up I felt.

The book was drawn out and full of assumptions. Not worth paying for in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Momma Stop| i'|| Be Good, 16 Aug. 2013
This is the frist book l have read about what is happening to Kevin l think l would of perfer to read the book was the 1st book frist then this one as Shannon's NH Diaries. Then l think l would enjoy it better then l did do

5.0 out of 5 stars Momma, 12 Aug. 2013
I was glued to this book until i finished it, this is why i have gave it 5 stars, i would highly recommend this book

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 11 Aug. 2013
very good read, would recommend this book with out a doubt. very easy reading. look forward to other books from the author

4.0 out of 5 stars my views, 10 Aug. 2013
so many new that he was being abused but still let him stay with his mother to continue abusing him.

1.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive, 7 Aug. 2013
K. Haines "Angel" (UK) - See all my reviews
After reading the reviews I thought this book would be an interesting read. How wrong I was..... The account of what happened could have been written in a couple of chapters. I appreciate it was a diary of factual events, but the events were so repetitive it got so boring when nothing happened, I really struggled to finish book and won't be reading the sequel.

2.0 out of 5 stars boring, 5 Aug. 2013
woudnt suggest buying too drawn out story could have been told in far fewer pages nothing else to be said

4.0 out of 5 stars A sad story, but a little repetitive to read as ..., 16 Jan. 2015
A sad story, but a little repetitive to read as it is written in diary form, and one day very much like the next. Rather shocking to think that the authorities could do very little to help this child, even though they had recieve numerous complaints, but no-one had actually visually witnessed abuse.