Format: Vinyl|Change
Price:£11.89+ £1.26 shipping

on 12 March 2014
I was instantly hooked after a chance hearing of a Samaris track on BBC 6 Music. So I bought the album (a sort of extended EP really) and was blown away. It is an astonishingly confident and accomplished body of work from a trio still in their teens. I am delighted that the lyrics, taken from 19th century Icelandic poetry, are in sung in the language they were written in. There are many comparisons that I could make - Sigur Rós, Björk, Emilíana Torrini, even Goldfrap - but ultimately they have a unique sound all of their own. Their combination of floating but precise vocals, breathy, melancholic clarinet and sharp punctuating, syncopated electronica is utterly compelling. If you have a chance, play it on some high-end hi-fi to fully appreciate the technical brilliance of the production. This is surely band that will go far?

Having just stumbled across a new track from their forthcoming album Silkidrangar (good old BBC 6 Music once again) I can't wait to listen to their latest offering.
on 28 September 2013
Nearly the best piece of music I've heard all year. From such young people it will be interesting to see how they develop.
The best? Steven Wilson "The Raven that refused...".
on 26 July 2014
An amazing album overall. I particularly like Voggudub (song no. 5), although the rest of the songs are also very good.
The music they do reminds me of a mix between Bjork and Massive Attack.
Give it a go, you will not regret it!
on 28 June 2014
I have encountered Samaris while being in Iceland. I fell in love immidiately! Bad reminds me of other icelandinc artists, but still remains special and one of a kind.
on 25 December 2013
Not really heard anything like this before. recommended by a 'local' when in Reykjavik. Laid back dance with Icelandic vocal. I listen to it over and over again.
on 8 September 2015
Replacing my lost cd. Sublime brilliance.
on 23 March 2015
sicuramente la rivelazione di quest'anno
on 3 October 2014