5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant zombie horror!
Published 24 months ago by Mandy Hartley

3.0 out of 5 stars None
This was well written and worth reading. However, it was disconcerting, even irritating, to find the frequent use of American English from characters in a novel with a British setting.
Published 22 months ago by annea

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant zombie horror!, 31 May 2013
This review is from: Ravage: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel (Kindle Edition)
I was lucky enough to be one of the few who got to pre-read this. Iain Rob Wright asked for any criticisms/suggestions we might have, and I can honestly say I had none. I have nothing but praise for this book! I was hooked from the first page and found it hard to put it down. As usual with Iain's books, the characters were so realistic, you get to know each of them almost personally and I had to keep reminding myself it was a story and that I wasn't living through the horror with them!

Definitely a zombie book with a difference. I had no idea what was going to happen next and I didn't even try to guess! It's one of those books that's full of surprises and you never know who you can trust! I loved it, and highly recommend it to anyone who likes great characters, a gripping storyline and a nice bit of gore!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic ..., 31 May 2013
This review is from: Ravage: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel (Kindle Edition)
I too was given this book to read by the author... after having found Iain Rob Wright on Amazon and getting totally addicted to his books, i was very happy to be able to read this his newest offering... wow, like all the others i loved it !!i was engrossed in the characters, some i loved, some i hated, and thats just what a good book should do, make you love and hate and be drawn in....i have read all of Iains books, enjoyed them all and was eagerly awaiting this newest one...it didnt disappoint... kept me up half the night reading...It wa s easily as good as "The Final Winter" which i loved... well done Iain, another brilliant book....

5.0 out of 5 stars Buckle up kiddo's - you're in for a BUMPY ride :), 27 Jan. 2015
L. Osburn "Smokie4EVA" (Marsden, West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ravage: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel (Kindle Edition)
What can I say that hasn't already been said about this brilliant author? Iain has the enviable talent of being able to get you so hooked into a story that you just have to sit and read, and read and read . This book is no different, and even though I read Savage first (which can be read as a stand alone), this book gives you more of a feel for how the entire 'apocalypse' began.

Imagine going to work one day and your life changing dramatically from that moment on? That was the fate of poor Nick. It's bad enough when a sick guy comes stumbling into his place of employment, but his home life is about to come from the books of hell. I know some of you might say 'not ANOTHER zombie book', but believe me, Iain writes so very well, that he brings the torment, the anguish and most importantly the PAIN right into your own room. You can't help but feel for the survivors as they struggle to find somewhere to live....without being eaten for lunch! It's enough to turn you vegetarian !!

We follow Nick and fellow survivors that get picked up along the way, battling their way through very hungry crowds..looking for that all important sanctuary. We learn who the good guys are and who the bad guys are - and trust me, it's not necessarily the ravenous, jaw snapping dead person climbing through the window. Excellent read ! The bonus chapters at the end, tie the story in even more, from the first 'infection' onwards, so it's a brilliant addition to the end of the book.

I can't wait for more...and hopefully more of these particular characters.... you'll cry in places (you'll know when you get there yourself) and you'll hide behind the pillows in others. Lock your windows, don't make a sound - because you're in for the ride of your life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Zombie-tastic, 15 July 2013
This review is from: Ravage: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this novel and was a bit disappointed when it ended, especially the way it did. I'm not one for normally reading bonus content, or chapters for a next book at the end of the Kindle but I'm glad I did as it's almost a prequel chapter and helps put some pieces together.

The only negative for me was that after reading the bonus chapter, the sequel is going to be very like another series of books I've been reading, still though, there's a slightly different spin and I'm sure the next book will be just as good. I really hope we hear more about the group of survivors this book was about, it would be a shame if this is where their story ends.

3.0 out of 5 stars None, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Ravage: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Horror in an amusement park - a brilliant book!, 20 July 2013
This review is from: Ravage: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel (Kindle Edition)
Another brilliant story from Mr Wright. I immediately loved Nick, the main character, and the fantastic storyline. A horror set in an amusement park, not to mention the weird and wonderful cast of characters that Nick finds himself with whilst fighting to survive - genius!
While it's no secret that I'm a big fan of this author's work, I really think that other readers will enjoy it, even if they are not neccessarily fans of horror books. Put it this way, if you enjoy The Walking Dead on TV you're gonna love this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, 25 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Ravage: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel (Kindle Edition)
Fantastic reading. This story grabs you from the very start and there is action all the way through with a few twists. I will be reading more of this author's work and if it's half as good as this I won't be disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars So much more than a zombie book, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Ravage: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel (Kindle Edition)
You`ve heard reviews like this before praising books about zombies and saying that they are so different from the others on the market, but believe me this one is.
I received a copy from the author to give an honest review and constructive criticism but i can honestly say i was not expecting such a thrill ride and totally engrossing story.
Wonderful characters, great story line, a few unexpected twists....and yes zombies and it all added up to one of the best books i`ve read in ages.
Iain has really set himself a new bench-mark with this one, and as i said to him i completely forgot i was reading an up-and coming author as the book took me back to to days of early Stephen King and James Herbert!
Cannot recommend highly enough, and even though i received a free un-edited copy, (you wouldnt know as there were very few typos etc), i am now going to buy a real copy (the pre-edited version was called `Fever`)
Let Iain take you to the darkest reaches of his imagination, you wont regret it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, if unoriginal, zombie horror, 17 Dec. 2014
Fooster69 (Chester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ravage: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel (Kindle Edition)
(In the interests of full disclosure, I downloaded this book for free so you might want to keep this in mind when reading the review).

In a market chock full of zombie fiction, Ravage does nothing new. A mysterious virus turns victims into rage-filled killers who then set about spreading the infection by biting anyone with whom they come into contact. As the world ends, a ragtag bunch of survivors take refuge in an amusement park and - wouldn't you know it - some of the living turn out to be just as dangerous as the hordes of undead.

On the plus side, Ravage grips from the first page, the story moves at a fast pace and there are several moments that elicit genuine tension. On the down side, the dialogue is rather clunky, the prose blandly functional and the author has a habit of stating the obvious when there really is no need. Some of the characters are reasonably well drawn, while others come across as nothing more than lazy stereotypes. Also, given that the novel takes place in a very British setting, it seems strange that the author peppers his text with so many americanisms (children referring to their mums as 'mommy', frequent use of the word 'gotten' instead of 'got', people saying 'a couple days' instead of 'a couple of days').

Wright clearly has talent, but he seems more concerned with quantity than quality (check out the number of titles to his name on Kindle for proof). Makes you wonder if he put a bit more time and effort into his work he might be capable of producing something really special.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, fastpaced zombie fun!, 22 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Ravage (Paperback)
Iain writes with gusto and realism; as a group of strangers from all different walks of life find themselves in 2 separate groups which will lead them to Ripley Heights amusement park and zoo high up on a hill away from the town.

At the beginning the book is divided into 2 main groups that we follow, the first group starts in the town.

I immediately related to Nick the phone salesman, likable, funny and just one of us; whose last customer isn't what it seems and he is eventually rescued by Dave the bus driver and a few others he picked up along the way including some escaped prisoners...which is never going to end well is it!

The second group has Annaliese a young vet called to help out a foal being born at Ripley Heights zoo. I really love this tough kick ass no nonsense young woman with a huge love of animals. I can see alot of her in me...yay girl power!

She accidentally encounters some trapped residents of Ripley Heights and helps them escape to safety risking her own life in the process. This group is run by the abrupt power hungry manager Shawcross; who is so dis-likable and you love to hate.

The two groups eventually combine; but its certainly not what it seems; there's thieving, murder and deceit amongst the newly formed group; with strong characters clashing who want to be in charge....god help those who don't follow them.

Iain has produced some brilliant evolving characters that are realistic and believable; plus one of my favorites; Lily a welcome addition to the book who lost her mate and baby too....

I loved the 2 different types of zombie; the infected newly turned who were fast and the walking dead slow lumbering both still deadly.

Iain's creativity throws you into many twists and turns bringing out the worst of human nature and engages you with your favorite characters; its fast paced as you are swept along not knowing who to trust with a fab thought provoking ending.

I found this book when it was free on Amazon and I have to say I loved it, this is the first Iain Rob Wright book Ive read and I'm now looking into getting the next.

Ravage: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel