5.0 out of 5 stars Could make a fan of you!
I started off reading this because I enjoyed the Stafford's book about Lionel Bart. I had no strong feelings about Kenny Everett.
Now I've finished it, it's made me want to search the internet for recordings of Kenny. I had not realised what an innovator he was.
Published 11 months ago by LindaS

3.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate content
Disappointingly, I found this to be a very one-dimensional, inaccurate and naïve view of this extremely kind and humble genius.
Published 12 months ago by MR. ROYSTON MAYOH

5.0 out of 5 stars Could make a fan of you!, 11 Dec 2013
Plus he seems to have inspired such love and loyalty from people who knew him - unusual for a comedian! The ending is very
moving and sensitively told. I can really recommend this as an engrossing, beautifully-written read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Splendid biography, 14 July 2013
Mr. C. J. Nicholls (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
This is an entertaining and interesting read, written in an impressive and witty style, with amusing turns of phrase to keep the reader's interest. The matter of Kenny's illness and death are covered with great sensitivity. The research and the number of quotes and anecdotes from Kenny's friends is impressive. I greatly enjoyed reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A seriously good read, 1 July 2013
This review is from: Cupid Stunts:The Life & Radio Times Of Kenny Everett (Kindle Edition)
If you were a fan of Kenny - or even if you didn't know much about this brilliant man - the text just flowed off the page. It is kind retrospective book about Kenny and the end almost brought me to tears. This is one I shall read again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 10 Dec 2013
Hugely enjoyable read. I grew up watching and listening to Kenny Everett so it was great to get an insight into the man and his life. Recommended for fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful book about a wonderful talent, 20 Sep 2013
this is a brilliantly entertaining biography of a unique genius. For those of us who were around & listening to Radio London & the early radio 1 this is a feast of nostalgia & reinforces what we all knew - Kenny was the Best Ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insight into a troubled soul, 8 Jan 2014
Enjoyable and insightful biography not just of Everett but of the times he lived in and how he negotiated a difficult place in the public eye with his complicated private history.

5.0 out of 5 stars I used it as research for something I want to do, 20 Sep 2013
All you need to know about Kenny Everretand how he thinks/ticks! I shall be reading it over and over in the coming months.

4.0 out of 5 stars An honest story, well told, 18 Sep 2013
I always thought I knew virtually everything about Kenny. Well after reading this I do. Very detailed, very funny at times. A good detailed story about our Ken.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 16 May 2013
I read this in one sitting and loved it. Great chapters on Kenny's childhood and early years at the BBC made fascinating reading, as did the sometimes sad stories of his later years. He was a great character and fantastic entertainer and this book captures him beautifully.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best possible taste!, 16 May 2013
I loved the authors previous biography on LIONEL BART so awaited KENNY EVERETT with anticipation. It's hugely entertaining and has revealing chapters on his association with The Beatles, Pirate Radio and his early experiments with tape recorders. It's wonderfully witty and will appeal not only to fans of Kenny but anyone with an interest in the era. Highly recommended.