Published 13 months ago by Gemma Farrow

3.0 out of 5 stars Bleeker Hill - Did I miss an earlier book in the series
This book started out good but then I began to think there must be an earlier book that I have missed. I am still confused about what actually happened to everyone. Bleeker Hill in most places I was gripped in others confused.
Published 3 months ago by Wendy

5.0 out of 5 stars If you go down to Bleeker Hill be prepared for a big surprise, 9 Jun 2013
This review is from: Bleeker Hill (Kindle Edition)
To reconstruct a known country is one hard thing to do. The author achieves this impressively. I loved the story, the characters were a mixed batch of the lost and those who thought they knew the way. Yes, The Party may Love You but not unless you're willing to give up everything for them, and in a vast way they will take it from you. There are two threats to this story, and I was hard pressed to decide which one was the worst. The Party, in their cruel and misguided attempts to return the country to what it once was (an ideal that some characters believed was utterly hopeless) or the supernatural secret waiting for the unsuspecting, in my eyes the latter showed more compassion than the people who believed they were deserving of their status. It is a book worth reading, and it is a cautionary tale. My only mild disappointment was that it should have ended with the line: 'The Party Loves You.'

5.0 out of 5 stars BLEEKER HILL, 3 Dec 2013
This review is from: Bleeker Hill (Kindle Edition)
This brilliantly constructed dystopian horror about a futuristic broken Britain had me hooked from the very first page. It is a gritty, creepy book, with some fairly graphic scenes, some of which were described so well they had me looking over my shoulder and making me reluctant to switch off the bedroom light two nights in a row. `The Party Loves You' is a chilling recurring theme throughout Bleeker Hill and the supernatural aspect is truly disturbing, yet hugely enjoyable, addictive reading. Mr. Mardell's diverse characters are very well drawn, demonstrating all the frailties, weaknesses, fears and courage of humanity. There is good pace to this well-written horror thriller and I can recommend the book as a thoroughly good read, if a bit scary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 4 Jun 2013
This review is from: Bleeker Hill (Kindle Edition)
So this is not my first dystopian book, it is however my first dystopian horror, saying that its my first dip into horror!. I don't think any other author could have made me read something outside of my comfort zone. This is one of those people who needs more people reading his books.

It is a well written easy to follow book, and damn disturbing in places. Its written as if it was a movie and you can picture things so freaking clearly you wish your imagination wasn't so good!and if you love descriptive writing this is the man to follow, there's a bit in there about a spider! very clever and ugh seriously,I don't think i can wear my hair down for the rest of the day! skin crawling indeed.

I don't want to give the plot away but it basically follows a group of people going to a safe house in a messed up Britain. You will find the characters well developed, they feel real not some hyped up dumbarse of a character and some are just plain nasty!! There's also very witty sarcastic one liners throughout the book and i loved that, I'm not much of a quoter but I've been quoting stuff at people for days! There's most definitely a deeper meaning to it as well but i wouldn't go into that 1. See if you pick up on anything and 2.I might have got it wrong!.

As my first dip into horror it had my heart racing in places and i got so into the book i shouted at it when it would cut to another scene. T'was invested in the characters i liked and rather disturbingly got into the parts where the characters i didn't like got what they deserved! Oh and the ending ugh the ending!! Brilliant!

The Party Loves You! Have fun at Bleeker Hill *evil Laugh*

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and scary, 31 May 2013
This review is from: Bleeker Hill (Kindle Edition)
I have never heard of this author before but thought ill take a chance as it seemed good value, well it was amazing!!!!!! And that's all ill like to tell everyone so I don't spoil it for you

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: Bleeker Hill (Kindle Edition)
A story or a cautionary tale of a dystopian Britain excellently described to give you chills and make you wonder whether this could actually happen and what would you do to try and survive.
After reading the first few pages I was hooked and wanted more and just kept on reading. The characters come alive as as you are drawn deeper into the story and I did find myself hoping certain characters got what they deserved, and they did.
All in all I have to say this is the best Thriller/Horror I have read in a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bleeker Hill by Russell Mardell, 18 July 2013
This review is from: Bleeker Hill (Kindle Edition)
Bleeker Hill is fantastically paced horror thriller about a group of survivors desperately trying to re-establish some sense of order in a society that is completely broken, violent and chaotic.
The book succeeds in keeping you interested right from the first page to the last.

Each character is completely believable and actually adds something tangible to the story line. Never can a simple phase like `the party loves you' fill you with such a sense of dread and foreboding as it does every time it crops up in Bleeker Hill.

The book is so cleverly written and insightful that it reads more like the actual first-hand account of a horrific series of events unfolding in front of you rather than, a work of post-apocalyptic fiction.
This is the first book I have read by the author but if this is anything to go by it certainly won't be the last.

5.0 out of 5 stars V For Very Good Book, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Bleeker Hill (Kindle Edition)
An interesting an well-written examination of life in Britain in a dystopian anarcho-fascist future. The one slogan of politics "The Party Loves You" says it all. The story doesn't follow the usual conventions of dystopian or post-apocalyptic novels, instead straying more into the horror genre. If you like politics and shivers down your spine, this is one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping stuff!, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: Bleeker Hill (Kindle Edition)
Warning..Do not read if you're squeamish! Loved every minute of this book, my only complaint is that it was over too quickly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping!, 10 Oct 2013
HM Patterson (Chippenham Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bleeker Hill (Kindle Edition)
This is a very good book of it's type. I really didn't think I was going to like it at first but it pulled me in and held me there until the end. It is not the kind of book I would usually chose but it was really well written I could feel the cold scary atmosphere of the "safe house" as if I was there.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bleeker Hill - Did I miss an earlier book in the series, 4 April 2014

Bleeker Hill