Top critical review
11 people found this helpful
Not bad, but not fantastic either
on 2 November 2014
- Juicer seems powerful enough for now. I've only done stuff like celery, ginger, apple, cucumber kale and spinach in it so far, so nothing really "heavy duty" like carrots, but it responded well to the items listed.
- Suction feet are a nice idea
- It is easy to take apart, my last juicer I had to rock the strainer/blade piece quite a bit to get it off. This one comes off much easier. But, the mere fact it comes off easier is due to the design, part of which I am not too fond of. See related comment in dislikes beneath.
- The spout that drains into the measuring cup isn't angled correctly. Once you start adding foods you will find there is quite a bit of splatter happening, which I had not experienced in my other blender, where the spout had more of a downward facing angle. I ended up placing a paper towel over the top of the cup so that the juice didn't splatter onto my counter. I haven't used the cup lid yet as other reviewers advised against it
- The measuring cup is not clear plastic, and the markings are only on the outside, not on the inside as well. How am I meant to tell what volume if juice I have reached if I can't see where it lines up with the measurement marks?? Bad design idea.
- I don't quite like how the base (ie the bit of the juicer that the blades fit on top of) sits into the motor unit. It just rests down with little feet that sit into grooves on the motor base and that makes me feel it isn't very stable. Perhaps that hasn't presented an issue for anyone, this is just my personal preference.