5.0 out of 5 stars Before it all began...
If anyone has read the masterpiece that is The Sword Of Shannara, then this is quite simply a must-read.
I will not go into it in any detail -- it's a quick read and it's only 65p -- but in reading it, I was transported back to when I was 11 years old (I'm 36 now) and devouring the first few pages of Sword.
It put a smile on my face, and although it didn't...
Published on 9 July 2012 by Stuart Finnie

3.0 out of 5 stars Paladins of Shanarra
Having read the books Heritage of Shannara and Sword of Shanarra previously I enjoyed reading this short storyabout Allanon's Quest.
Published 16 months ago by Dennis Murphy

4.0 out of 5 stars a great read, 26 Feb 2014
This review is from: Paladins of Shannara: Allanon's Quest (short story) (Kindle Edition)
Looking forward for more great stories from terry brooks. Love the short stories, didn't want to put it down at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great short story, 23 Feb 2014
This was a great short story much better than the weapon masters story. It read more like the full books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read for after The Sword of Shannara, 2 Oct 2013
I liked this short story because it fills in some information about Allanon's journey preceding the events of The Sword of Shannara.
The style of Allanon's Quest is no different to that of any of Terry Brooks other books, so if you liked them, you'll like this.
It would be possible to read this before the Sword of Shannara, but I wouldn't recommend it as you would be missing out on details that make this more enjoyable.

4.0 out of 5 stars good introduction, 20 Aug 2013
It was just what I needed to get me back to the shenara stories, and have got 3 stories on my Kindle

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesomely told!!, 3 Aug 2013
I have read every book the Great Terry Brooks have penned and I have been on such a journey, all the twists and turns and surprises he has plenty of those I might add!. Now I shall read the whole adventure again, so the sword here I come again!! Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 25 Jun 2013
L. G. Roberts (Newark UK) - See all my reviews
If you haven't already sampled the Shannara series then I recommend you do so. If you enjoyed R A Salvatore as an author then you must read this classic series. Amazing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shannara preview, 19 May 2013
This fills in the gaps and lays the groundwork for the series brilliantly.
I can recommend this to any fan of terry Brooks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Short but Great!, 11 May 2013
I have read most of Terry' s books and it was great to be transported back into the SOS world. I just wanted more!

5.0 out of 5 stars An incite to the Allanon, 7 May 2013
Enjoyed this book a lot as it's a small incite to the murky and mysterious world of the Druids life

3.0 out of 5 stars Paladins of Shanarra, 5 May 2013