on 24 May 2014
At first I had problems in display and brightness settings which initially kept reverting back to a dark screen but it settled down and I've used it on two medium trips, it was very precise on instructions and display and very fast in start up. The display was very clear and readable even in bright sunlight AND didn't keep reverting to a black screen unlike the nuvi 2597 model. I'm very happy with this purchase although I do think its a bit expensive. I suppose you get what you pay for!
on 30 September 2015
Save your money and sanity. After splashing out on this model in order to get the benefit of "free" lifetime map updates, i find that updating is totally impossible. After downloading all the installer software etc, it singularly fails to recognize my device. Ive searched the FAQs, Garmin help and support ( that's a laugh) to no avail.

So I'm stuck with an expensive, overpriced bit of electronic junk with outdated maps. My advice: avoid Garmin at all costs.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 April 2014
I had a Tom Tom previously which died after a good number of years. The Tom Tom was good. I chose this Garmin because of its screen size. Once one gets used to using a different sat nav this one is super. Besides the size the mapping and features are excellent.. The customer service for Garmin (I call the US office) also gets full marks for ease of contact and helpfulness, and s is much better and a different league to Tom Tom's.
on 26 May 2015
arrived before est. date, tried out travelling to Weymouth, brilliant it worked a treat, and very easy to see with the 7" screen. Pity about the lack of instructions, and no warning that to update maps you need to purchase a micro sd card because there is not enough memory left in the unit. Other than that a great purchase and well recommended from someone who is not that gadget minded but managed to set up fairly quickly.
on 5 January 2015
We are thoroughly delighted with this Sat Nav. It gives clear instructions in good time and has a clear easy to read screen. It is very versatile product giving clear notification of upcoming facilities. It also can be used as a hands free for our mobiles with voice command to make and receive calls. The voice command also allows destination requests to be made. Brilliant..... love it. Would definitely recommend this product
on 11 September 2014
Easy to use with good updated information. Excellent when connected to my phone for hands free usage
on 18 April 2014
What a superb sat-nav. Much more responsive than my last previous generation Garmin. The 7" screen is very high resolution and bright. The unit is very well constructed with very high quality plastics. The mapping is wonderful and very easy to see. It finds satellites very fast. Registering it on line with Garmin was a doddle and went perfect first time. I highly recommend this unit.
on 4 May 2015
Great Satnav the large screen makes a difference & i don't need my glasses also it finds my home address better than TomTom it used to send me the long way .
The phone link is great & the picture junctions are good also the voice command is far better than TomTom once you switch it on you never have to touch the unit again it does everything for you VERY PLEASED WITH IT
on 3 January 2015
I do love this Sat Nav.....love the large easy to use screen, but like all sat nav's they are not infallible. Sometimes you just have to trust your instincts! It did freeze on me once early on after buying it , and it would not shut down and I could do nothing to re-boot it. It didn't start working again until I had passed my destination. But no problem since then.
on 10 July 2014
The design is fantastic sand there are amazing features....but, the traffic simply doesn't do its job. Last night it directed me into Farnham during rush hour when there were perfectly good routes that would have avoided it. It's a shame, because I ditched my TomTom because of the lack of features...and ended up putting it back on the dashboard to get me home.
In summary, looks great but in terms of routing through traffic is completely useless