This 3 disc set compiles 75 tracks from 1961 to 1968 and covers some well- known tracks as well as rarities. The cd's are housed in a neat looking box (as one reviewer has mentioned - Millie is on the front cover but not on the compilation - odd), the cd's themselves are housed in card sleeves - the overall package is very colourful and well designed. It comes with a fantastic 36 page glossy booklet which is packed with label scans, pictures and track by track info. The sound quality is for the most part is very good to excellent with only a couple of exceptions.

Cd 1. (61.48mins). There are some top tracks on this disc including - `Run Run' by The Persianettes, , `You're so fine' by Dorothy Berry, a couple of great new to my ears tracks would be `Mister Loveman' by Yvonne Carroll and `Do what you're supposed to do' by The Three Degrees . Very few tracks could be described as filler - most are very good to excellent. 9/10.

Cd 2. (61.04mins). Disc 2 continues with high quality tracks - `And in return' by Sheila Ferguson (led singer of the 3 Degrees) and the stomping `You've got the power' by Gail Wynters are merely a couple of highlights to enjoy. 8.5/10.

Cd 3. (62.40mins). Contains `Panic' by Reparata & the Delrons, the classic `The 81' by Candy and the kisses and one of the best ever female tracks `Gonna make him my baby' by April Young from 1965. 9.5/10.

Overall, a great value for money package which is well executed and contains some top notch female tracks. Highly recommended, buy it now. 9/10.
Spread across three CDs, this box set consists of 3 hours and 5 minutes of mid-sixties solo female and girl group sounds. The "Mod" in the title is largely irrelevant and I'm not sure why Millie Small of 'My Boy Lollipop' fame features on the cover - as cute as she looks, she does not feature and her style of music is inconsistent with the music here. Nonetheless, these are minor issues and the 75 songs that cover a range of styles from soul and groovy hipshakers to doo-wop and Northern Soul to straight-up pop and are almost exclusively about broken hearts, unrequited love and longed-for romances, are what matters.

Unsurprisingly the overall sound of a lot of of the songs mimics that of Motown and Phil Spector's of the same era and some of the songs are making their first apperance on CD. As expected with these sorts of collections, there are fillers but they're outnumbered by some top drawer gems with The Yum Yums addictive Northern Soul classic ''Gonna Be A Big Thing' being the best song here.

The CDs are housed in individual cardboard sleeves and these in turn are housed in a sturdy flip-top carboard box alongside an extensive booklet that features notes on all of the artists and songs. Featuring plenty of rarities and a couple of previously unreleased songs, this is a worthwhile and welcome collection. 3½ stars.
on 22 March 2014
I can't really add anything to other reviews except I thought the sound quality on some of the tracks was poor. It does allude to this in the booklet due to the rarity of the singles. It spoiled it for me and may do so for others.
on 17 February 2014
RPM have done it again. After the excellent Looking Back box comes Looking Good with a large number of girlful soul tracks I haven't heard before. Wonderfully packaged as ever and a must for fans of the genre.

I look forward to the next volume/box.
on 6 March 2014
I bought this 3-CD set primarily to obtain a few specific tracks , but apart from these I found not much which appealed to me. My two favourite songs are " I'll Remember Jimmy " by Miss Cathy Brasher and " Let Me Get Close To You " by Skeeter Davis , neither of which has the remotest connection with soul music. I also like the contributions by Dee Dee Dorety , Renee Medina , Barbara Mills , Cherry Stone , Gail Wynters , April Young , the Glories , and Reparata & The Delrons. However , in my opinion , many of the other tracks are undistinguished and forgettable quasi-soul or dance numbers , making for a quite tedious listening experience over this too-long CD set.
on 10 December 2014
A very good set.
on 19 November 2013
This is the coolest thing I've ever bought !!! One of the greatest comps out there and every track by a soul sister !
on 2 October 2014
good comp
on 1 August 2014
Excellent cd worth every penny just for the opals track
on 28 August 2013
Some very rare tracks here making this collection ideal for a fan of the Northern Soul end of the mod music spectrum.
If that's what you like this is pretty indispensable and a very good price. I don't dislike this type of music but it's not my favourite - I prefer my R&B a bit more raw. 75 tracks is too much for me too - I'd never listen to all of them.
Other reviewers reckon the girl on the front is Millie (My Boy Lollipop - big ska hit). I wouldn't know without looking her up, but I take their word for it. Odd they use her pic but don't include anything by her, and she was a ska artiste too. Bit like putting a picture of Otis Redding or someone on the cover of a Best of Ska album.