5.0 out of 5 stars Viola Wills
Never heard about her before, but heard one of the songs and the CD was a great surprise in hearing these welknown songs in a different way.
Published 14 months ago by guitarklaus

2.0 out of 5 stars No Disconet mix
Published 15 months ago by R. Kuipers

2.0 out of 5 stars No Disconet mix, 3 Sep 2013
R. Kuipers "Ronald-42" (Holland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: If You Could Read My Mind (Audio CD)
Although Amazon still lists the Disconet Mix of If You Could Read My Mind in the track listing it's not on the CD. That was for me the main reason to pre-order this. I'm disappointed it isn't there. We get 4 different versions of Gonna Get Along Without You Now. Not really what I was hoping for. Gonna keep the CD for the Tom Moulton mix of If You Could Read My Mind otherwise it would be returned. Sound quality is good so that's something I guess.

5.0 out of 5 stars Viola Wills, 13 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Viola wills cd excellent so gs and music, 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: If You Could Read My Mind (Audio CD)
Bring back old memories. Beautiful songs and lyrics.These songs have certain meanings that reflects my good old days and what and how it affected my life.

3.0 out of 5 stars What a great waste ......, 4 Sep 2013
This review is from: If You Could Read My Mind (Audio CD)
What an utter disappointment this cd. Sorry to say. I was immensly looking forward to FINALLY have the 12 minute disconet suite of the classic If I Could Read Your Mind and do we get.....a totally alternate tracklisting and 4 versions of Gonna Get Along Without You Now. That is the second time this week, Patrick Hernandez's Born To Be Alive suffers from the same problem. What is it that record companies cannot produce what they promise.....?! Terribly upset.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tracks missing, too many other remixes; poor mastering, 7 Sep 2013
Music Fan Jeff (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: If You Could Read My Mind (Audio CD)
I was looking forward to finally getting a compilation that had the original mixes of Viola Wills' hits on cd. I was initially pleased when listening to this cd on my inexpensive computer speakers. Track one - "If You Could Read My Mind" - sounded good and matched the original album version. The original 12" single version, however, is nowhere to be found here. Ditto "Gonna Get Along Without You Now," which appears here in its original short version and then in seemingly countless later remixes. Sadly, when I played this cd on my regular home theater system I realized how horribly this cd is mastered. I still have the original vinyl and had previously done a needle drop. My needle drop sounds much better than this cd: Better bass, high frequencies aren't marred by artifacts due to poor audio processing to try to disguise vinyl ticks and pops.

If the producers of this cd had accurately described its contents, I would have never preordered it. Now that the cd is out, however, Amazon really does need to update its track listing to reflect what's actually here: Ten original mixes and then six remixes, of which four are of "Gonna Get Along Without You Now."

This is the worst cd purchase I've made for a number of years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glorious Deluxe Disco Diva, 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: If You Could Read My Mind (Audio CD)
Finally a remastered deluxe edition of 70's disco diva Viola Wills - includes bonus remixes of the classic singles - glorious

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 5 Sep 2013
This review is from: If You Could Read My Mind (Audio CD)
finally it's there on cd
it's just wonderful this 80's disco sound
really love it because it makes me feel happy

3.0 out of 5 stars Tracklistening not responding with tracklist on Amazon.Uk, 8 Sep 2013
This review is from: If You Could Read My Mind (Audio CD)
It's nice to have these music of Viola Wills on cd. In the 80's I bought the 12inch disconet vinyl single of "If You Could Read My mind". It was about 12 or 13 min. long I Think. I was happy that this version was included as bonus track on this album. It was written on the tracklisting for this cd on the anazon.uk site of this product. When the cd arrived I saw that this disconet version not was included on this cd. I was very dissapointing. So not 5 stars for this product because the tracklisting didn't match with what is standing on this cd.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong tracklisting, 10 Sep 2013
P. M. Peters (Beuningen Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: If You Could Read My Mind (Audio CD)
Sorry to say that I was fooled by the tracklist on Amazon, there's no Disconet remix of 'If You Could Read My Mind'and other original remixes are also missing. When you have a look at the site of Cherry Red Records the tracklist is right so where did Amazon get this tracklist ? Or did Cherry Red Records change the tracklist ? This CD is nice to have but could be much better !

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Singer But Wrong Track Listing!, 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: If You Could Read My Mind (Audio CD)
I love Viola Wills and was really looking forward to this pre ordered CD featuring the tracks as listed by Amazon. Sadly, in this case, you don't get what is advertised. Somebody's Eyes is one of the lady's most wonderful recordings, and although listed, it was completely missing. Huge disappointment. All the other tracks, apart from the Tom Moulton mix, were previously available on other (and better) collections. So, five stars for Viola (RIP and love) and two points for this effort, which Amazon has agreed to take back.

Rant over!

If You Could Read My Mind
If You Could Read My Mind by Viola Wills (Audio CD - 2013)