Lonnie Donegan
"Six Classic Albums Plus EP's & Singles" has a brilliant run of

89 digitally remastered tracks on 4 CDs packaged in a double wide jewel case.

You get a whole lot of great music for a really cheap price.
The Real Gone Jazz label has garnered some really good reviews for sound quality.
The digitally enhanced sound is a good indicator but for a proper review I really suggest you read other, more knowledgeable people's reviews.

But Amazon have not given us the track listing of this brilliant and influential performer so I have,

The albums are
"Sing Hallelujah (1962)".

It also includes the EP's
"Donegan On Stage (1957)",
"Relax With Lonnie (1959)" and
"Yankee Doodle Donegan (1960)".
PLUS if that is not enough....
singles from 1961 - 1962.

If you spot any typos or mistakes just add a comment and I will adjust and credit you with spotting it.

Track List:

7. The Grand Coulee Dam
8. Sally Don't You Grieve
9. Nobody Loves Like An Irishman
10. Lost John
11. Does Your Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavour (On The Bedpost Over Night)
12. Tom Dooley

7. My Old Man's A Dustman
8. Forth Worth Jail
9. Have A Drink On Me
10. (Bury Me) Beneath The Willow
11. Medley - Little Liza Jane / Puttin' On The Style / Camptown Races / Knees Up Mother Brown
12. Medley - So Long / On Top Of Old Smokey / Down In The Valley
Sing Hallelujah
13. Sing Hallelujah
14. We Shall Walk Through The Valley
15. No Hiding Place
16. Good News! Chariots A' Comin'
17. Steal Away

2. Old Hannah
3. On A Monday
4. Glory
Relax With Lonnie EP
5. Bewildered (So Bewildered)
6. It Is No Secret
21. Keep On The Sunny Side
22. Pick A Bale Of Cotton
23. The Market Song
24. Tit-Bits
25. Hull, Hell and Halifax!
88 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 April 2014
This is a great batch of nostalgia -- all the LPs and EPs that I'd ogled at in the local record shop window, saved up for as a kid in the skiffle era, and eventually came running home with in my hot little hands! The selection covers virtually everything from 1958 to 1962, and for once there's no Rock Island Line being ridden or Potatoes being dug -- that's earlier stuff done with Chris Barber on Decca, not Pye Records. In fact there's no trad bands at all -- such as the Clyde Valley Stompers -- adding to the backings, but there is an introduction for a guest appearance by Dickie Bishop at a 'live' concert. Six classic albums, plus a load of 4 or 6 track EPs, does seem an awful lot to cram in, but bear in mind that two of the LPs were just 10" jobs, back in the days when there weren't enough tracks on a special challenge like an LP where you could experiment with much longer tracks (eg Rising Sun) as opposed to the single which lasted just a couple of minutes. Not as it is like today, your next hit single was not lifted from an album, it was recorded as a special separate entity. EPs, however, were often a series of hits, maybe 'A' and 'B' sides put together. Hence such a compilation as this -- they're all here, except for 'Whoa Buck' and 'Ham and Eggs' which aren't listed -- but there is both 'San Miguel' and 'Have a drink on Me' which usually get ignored in most other re-issues of Mr. Donegan's work ... but that's OK, I can live with that as I've become a kid again! Wonderful stuff that they say has been 'enhanced' -- why enhance something that's meant to be crude and basic? That surely was the appeal of skiffle -- almost anybody could do it. Could have done with an informative illustrated booklet instead of an advert for other releases in the Real Gone range, but that'd put costs up I suppose. That's my only grouse, but really its the music that matters!
on 20 November 2014
Get it Whilst you can. .if you are a Donegan Fan Like me.(His Infectious Launch into the Music World, prompted me to buy a
Guitar) All here, Except his first Classic, recorded / released by Decca. ......But all his Original Singles/ Ep /Lp's - now processed
in a Hi Definition Digital Set. ...set the hands clapping and feet tapping to this Vintage Lonnie. For the Price, this is really a
give away...and as usual Delivered on time. !
on 12 September 2014
I have a long journey to and from work and sometimes albums become firm favourites to soothe the frustrations of driving, this has become one such album, lots of stuff to choose from, sometimes i'm just in the mood for Lonnie's famous comic songs other times its the spirituals or worksongs, loads of stuff I didn't know and of course some stuff I don't like but so many albums if you like a bit of skiffle there should be something to tickle the ears!
on 6 September 2013
A fascinating collection of some of the early (1956-1962) recordings by Britain's most influential musician of the 20th century, Of course there is the occasional dud ('Lorelei', 'The Party's Over', 'Tit-Bits') amongst the 79 tracks of this 4 CD set, but there are many rarely heard gems ('Ain't No More Cane on the Brazos', 'Times Are Getting Hard Boys', 'Noah Found Grace', 'Bewildered', 'Keep on the Sunny Side') alongside the classics ('Frankie and Johnny', 'My Dixie Darling', 'Lost John', 'Have a Drink on Me'). If you haven't already got a complete set of the early Pye recordings, this collection is for you! And if you are unaware of the Skiffle King's output, this provides a brilliant cross-section of his work. Folk, blues, country-rock, gospel, field laments, music hall - it's all there.
on 20 May 2014
One of the Great Fifties Music recording Stars, who seldom made a bad record with a great deal of variety and a superb voice and sense of humour
on 11 January 2014
Old timers like myself and young people interested in the development of pop music. Excellent value for money. I liked it a lot.
on 10 August 2013
Here's an opportunity to get a selection of his LPs of his hits and lesser known recordings, all in one package.
VINE VOICEon 13 August 2015
Being a life time Lonnie fan I thought I had all the recordings that he had made until I purchased this. This collection included a few gems and for the price should be bought by all fans of Lonnie.
on 9 June 2015
these were terrific cd's and brought back some very fond memories, and reminded me just how good Lonnie Donegan was. As always the service from Amazon was also first class. Many thanks