Format: Audio CD|Change

on 8 January 2014
When I placed this album in the CD player for the first time, I have to admit I didn't quite know what to expect. As soon as Brian's distinctive vocals started on track 1, I just knew this album was going to be something special. Some albums has maybe 1 or 2 songs which are worth listening to (the rest being fillers), but I have to say every one on this CD is fantastic! The standout tracks are 'Loud Like Love', 'A Million Pieces' and my absolute favourite being 'Begin The End'. The whole album has a wonderful feel to it, displaying a maturity of sound which is full bodied and completely seductive. 10 out of 10.
on 17 October 2013
This is the freshest sound Placebo have produced since the 90's. It is unquestionably among the best 10 albums released so far this millenium. If you have never heard Placebo before buy this. If you are someone who used to like Placebo but fell out of favour in recent years buy this. If you come from another planet and have never listened to music before buy this. It is fantastic. 8 out of 10 tracks are instantly loveable with a couple taking time to build a lasting relationship with. I love it. It is as it says on the tin "Loud Like Love".
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 12 July 2014
Placebo's seventh studio album 'Loud Like Love' has surprised me. This is probably because when an already famous band whose heyday might be seen as behind them releases a new album, you'd don't always expect it to be along the same line of quality as their past glories, but Placebo have proved that they are still relevant with this brilliant record.

From the instantly engaging single 'Too Many Friends', to classic album only tracks like 'Loud Like Love', 'Scene of the Crime' and 'Hold on to Me', the songs here all have a story to tell, and will please not only the band's fan base, but will probably also win them a new generation of listeners. It's a feel good album, bursting with positivity, and a more grown up sound to previous releases. Perhaps the weakest track here is 'Rob the Bank', but whilst it is undeniably catchy, I felt that the lyrics could of used a little tweaking.

I've had 'Loud Like Love' on heavy rotation recently, and might go as far to say that it is my personal favourite album these guys have come up with so far. Brian Molko's distinctive voice might be hit and miss to many people, but I think it's what makes Placebo's music different, and has stood the test of time.
on 30 September 2013
I love Placebo a lot so was rather excited when this album became available so much so i got the deluxe edition and even bought it as a mp3 little realizing i got that free due to amazons auto rip hahahaha!!!!

Any way stand out tracks for me include Too Many Friends,Purify,Rob The Bank and Scene of the crime!!! although i could pick any number or songs. I haven't loved a Placebo album this much since Black Market Music!!!!!
on 6 February 2014
Some albums reek of quality from the second they start right through to its closing chords.
Loud Like Love is one of them. Having a large metal collection, Placebo are fairly easy listening for me. I have liked them since I first heard the Bitter End but this album surpasses anything I have heard from the band.
I have no hesitation in giving this the full 5 stars.
on 17 September 2013
I've loved Placebo since Black Market Music, but there's something special about this album. The title track, Loud Like Love is a storming, anthemic yell of positivity which leads into an album which is at swings from uplifting to brooding. The end track 'Bosco' is a moving, profound tune which rivals Commercial for Levi, Pierrot the Clown or even Without You I'm Nothing for emotional depth. In between are tracks which have new synthy elements but keep the Placebo vibe I've loved for years now.

Buy this album.
on 26 October 2013
Remember when you were a teenager and used play an album over and over again? This album is just like that and for me this is my top album of the year and I buy quite a few! If you like Meds you'll connect with this - catchy and melodic and as usual Brian Molko bearing his soul in what comes across as genuine and real. Highly recommended.
on 2 July 2014
if Brian's lyrics didn't make me cringe so much, this would be one of the best albums EVER!
Production wise, it sounds OK and nowhere near as good as battle for the sun but of course, that was produced by David Bottrill

I heard they used a fairly new producer for this album and that does show on tracks like "a million little pieces" where the second guitar line is almost inaudible on the recording but a central part of the track live

The bass and drums though do sound pretty amazing

song wise, chord progressions and melodies are beautiful as always. there are only two tracks that I would call fillers - namely bosco and hold on to me

Brian's lyrics, again, are awful but i still love this album for the most part
on 24 November 2013
As a big Placebo fan, I had to purchase their new album. I was a bit sceptical before I decided to buy the album because the song "Loud like love" that I first heard on youtube didn't really convince me. I bought the album anyway and I have to say: it was worth it!!! They managed to evolve as a group without losing the typical Placebo tune. Even though Meds and Sleeping with ghosts remain my favourites, this is a great new album and a must for everyone who loves Placebo. My 2 favourite songs from this album are "Rob the Bank" and "A Million Little Pieces", and of course "Too many Friends". Enjoy!
on 24 March 2014
This is unmistakable Placebo, true to form, with sintilating, mesmorising, original lyrics, blended with their pounding, heartfelt and never boring sound.
This album is recommended to all - but Placebo fans will love this like loud, because it is not just more of the same greatness, there is just a little more love, light and hope, but there is sorrow and realness also.
Placebo are arguably the best band around, with only Muse matching their originality and addictive sound, that seems to have you addicted in a good way.
Get this if you have a brain, you won't regret it.