on 6 January 2014
The sound quality is very good if used with a gold-plated 3.5mm to 3.5mm lead (about a tenner), and almost as good with a one pound cable.

Sounds pretty darn good used with Bluetooth too. Range is excellent, the bluetooth signal can go through two of our walls and at least 10 metres.

It is a better speaker than most televisions, and most low cost (under 100 pounds) stereos. I mostly use it for Radio 4 from the Macbook or iPod, and the tones are pleasantly 'bassy' and rich.

I was surprised at the battery life, it really does do 12 hours or more from a charge.

Excellent value for money, I'd certainly purchase it again, and will definitely be happy to buy other Creative products.

Oh and you can stand it up on either end, to resemble the iconic 'Flat Iron' building in New York.
Colour Name: Grey|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have been building up a bit of a portfolio of portable speakers - this one is perfect for taking around the house. It's been used in the bathroom quite a bit recently and also good for trips away. It's light enough to fit in your suitcase and produces enough good quality sound for your hotel room

Pros

- Sound quality is good in terms of bass, clarity and lack of distortion
- Volume is satisfactory
- Bluetooth set up and use is very straightforward and reliable - have linked this to iPhone, laptop, blackberry and iPad
- Nice neat design - this is a review of the grey speaker
- Can also be used for conference calls with your phone

Cons

- Turning it off can be a bit of a lengthy process at times as it's a multi-function button
- Has a USB cable but no USB plug
on 18 May 2014
I recieved this speaker as a christmas present, first thought wow, what a great little thing, after using it for a couple of days i realised it was a decent sound quality but not good enough for party's or other functions. Such a fantastic battery life also. I do love it though and definetly reccomend it.
on 28 February 2014
A nice compact speaker with functionality beyond its price when bought through the black friday discount process. Its lound enough for a kitchen or bedroom.
on 19 November 2014
The sound quality on such a small device is phenomenal, especially considering the price.

As per usual with Creative, the build quality and quirky design are simply superb. The bluetooth strength is great, can connect all around the house. Not the simplest of interfaces to use, but once you have a quick glance at the manual, you figure it all out and you get to appreciate it.

Would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a portable speaker!
on 13 November 2014
I got this sleeper on offer. I use it in my kitchen mainly and have been impressed with it. Especially for the price I got it for under £40. Reasonable sound which I think is slightly better through Bluetooth than wire. Only used NFC once with my smart phone (galaxy s 3) works well with both me phone and my iPod touch. For the price I think its a good speaker. No it won't sort out a big party but I didn't expect it to take the role of my stereo.
on 22 March 2014
I am rather disappointed with this speaker.
The unit is large while the sound is small and lacking bass. It is huge compared to my JBL Flip, but no match for sound.

When connected by cable to my PC it clicks and rumbles which none of my other speakers do (so not a problem with my PC).
I can't recommend this product.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 November 2014
Pretty good sound, even in the bass frequencies. Solidly built. Weighs a bit more than I thought it would, but that's probably why it feels solid. I don't mind the colour. Green was the cheapest one.
on 10 January 2014
Nice build quality. Good Battery life. Decent sound for the size. If you are looking for cool budget bluetooth speaker - this is a good choice.
on 15 January 2015
Really great value for a great performing portable speaker with bluetooth and NFC, the pink version is nicer to own than it looks.