5.0 out of 5 stars feel good light reading
Published 15 months ago by read, read, read!

3.0 out of 5 stars Suggary
Published 16 months ago by Phase58

5.0 out of 5 stars feel good light reading, 17 July 2013
This review is from: The Boy Who Came In From the Cold (Kindle Edition)
this is a great book for anyone who just feels like a nice read with the a small amount of angst for the characters. I loved the time i spent among some lovely positive characters with no sinister alterterior motives. I have read my fair share of books that i feel anxious the whole way through reading( sorry, i tend to empathise too much with the characters) so it was great to relax and feel fairly confident about a good ending. I also loved the way everyone had no problem with expressing how they felt over and over. alot might find this sickly sweet and i myself am not particularly romantic, but i just found it all very refreshing!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sensitive exploration, 5 July 2013
K. Anderson (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Boy Who Came In From the Cold (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. Todds exploration of who he is, like the "unfolding of flower petals" I liked how it was written, there were a few sticking points but nothing the readers imagination couldn't fathom out.

3.0 out of 5 stars Suggary, 1 July 2013
This review is from: The Boy Who Came In From the Cold (Kindle Edition)
I read the negative review and decided to read the book. It was sweet and a little preachy. I did like how Todd came to realise who and what he was, it was rather unbelievable but then its fantasy isn't it? I don't like the pay it forward mentality, although it would be great if people were all like that but in essence we are not. I like a story with pitfalls and edge of the seat although this was a pleasant read it didn't have any of that, everything went well and life just doesn't. I did learn some new cusses which made me titter - shitfire and mother skeeter, OMG, if you're gonna swear then do it, otherwise it just doesn't work. The sex in the book was nothing I've not read before, but I did like the way the emotion came across, the realisations That Gabe and Todd came to, now that was nice, and the character of Peter - now there's a character that only exists in imagination! It was OK but I'm not inclined to go out and buy another by this author.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Boy Who Came In From the Cold (Kindle Edition)
This book came up as an Amazon recommendation and after reading the sample I thought it might be worth the £4.50. I am sorry to say that it really wasn't. I tried to like this book and persevered with until about 2/3rd's of the way through, when the predictability of it all - the usual run of misunderstandings and multiple orgasms - just ground me down and I gave up. Many books of this genre - with a few notable exceptions - tend to be populated with stunningly good looking, highly successful, well-heeled people and the lead characters inevitably so. Despite a promising start this book turned out be like so many others in this respect. There is also a difficult balancing act in books of this genre between the erotic and the plain graphic with little left to the imagination. This book, like most in my opinion, was more graphic than erotic. Fine if you like that sort of thing but personally I prefer a good story well written and the rest left to my imagination.

This book is not without merit and I am sorry to write such a negative review. But I did not like it and could not recommend.

The Boy Who Came In From the Cold