Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£7.69

Ten albums in since her eponymous 1995 debut finds Maysa Leak at
the top of her game. If you're after a delicious slice of mouth-
watering, sophisticated, jazzy, sweet soul music look no further.

'Blue Velvet Soul' exudes class from every pore. Ms Leak has a truly
wonderful voice. A rich, warm, fluid and flexible instrument which
coasts through the fifteen numbers in this new collection with effortless
aplomb. Once she's inside your head you really don't want her to leave!

The tunes are strong, the arrangements and production are as slick
as slick gets and the vocal performances are genuinely affecting.

Top tracks would have to include opening song 'Beautiful Dreamer', a
magical, slow-burning invention, coaxed into vivid life by Ms Leak's
perfectly-judged delivery of the gorgeous tune and poignant lyrics;
'I Care', with its crisp beats, fruity brass and luscious harmonies;
'Nothing but You', a lovingly anachronistic recreation of the spirit of
1970's disco and the simply beautiful 'Pouring Rain', a deft fusion of
restraint and heartfelt emotion and perhaps the album's finest moment.

Blue Velvet Soul Indeed!

Highly Recommended.
22 comments4 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 August 2013
Maysa has a magnificent soulful, silky smooth and crystal clear voice that exudes quality throughout this album.
Combined with some pacy tracks and duets with Bluey of Incognito fame, this album is a superb mixture of chilled soulful music and dance tracks blended masterfully together.
The more you listen, the more mesmerising and pleasurable Blue Velvet soul becomes....
I really rate this album and would recommend to anyone who appreciates this genre of music
Great stuff!!
on 26 March 2014
Since buying this CD I listen to it almost every day! Maysa has such a wonderful, velvety, soulful voice and all the songs are memorable. Well worth buying and I will definitely be getting some of her other albums as I am now a huge fan!
on 21 June 2014
I absolutely love this album, Maysa's 10th solo. The standout track for me in track 4, Good morning sunrise written by Bluey (Incognito) . He also sings with Maysa and it's truly a wonderful song that I play in my car all the time. The only failing on the
album is track five that for some reason sounds a bit like a vinyl recording, a bit static which is annoying. Also that it doesn't
come in a cd case just a card cover. Maysa has sung on a lot of Incognito songs in the past so I knew I loved her voice, I'm
very pleased that I purchased this album - I'm sure you will too.
on 24 December 2013
If your a lover of jazz delivered in a silky smooth wrapping, then this is it. Every song will capture your heart. I could not stop playing it when it arrived. I had it on repeat for so long, until my lady said, "Why don't you put it on your phone and stick it in the sound dock?!" Now, why didn't I think of that. Simply put, you'll love it through and through. Maysa is as good as she is stunning.

fbalintore59
on 5 August 2013
Maysa has once again delivered the goods!!...Great songs, great arrangements , great vocals...great Cd!
I don't feel she has had the recognition she truly deserves as a great vocalist.

For great music lovers...this is one for the collection! :)
on 27 August 2013
Discovered MAYSA by accident, great voice, she can belt out a note or two, great album,Well worth buying, a must for the CD collection!
on 28 August 2013
It's Okay like most CD s only about two standout tracks that I like.
Maya's has such a great voice though .
on 1 December 2014
Arived before time and I am so pleased because ths album is on constant rotation
on 12 November 2014
Great album, fantastic voice.