5.0 out of 5 stars soul-destroyingly lovely
I was taken to see this as part of my GCSE drama, and was warned by the teacher to bring tissues, as it was"tragic". I am a spectacularly hard-hearted person and never cry at plays, so I scoffed at this and didn't bring any. What a mistake that was!
Published on 25 May 2010 by msCaulfield

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty decent read.
Interesting story but I was left unimpressed. The quality of the book itself and the speed of delivery was excellent. Good for Drama and Musical Theatre fans, or people studying the book as part of English.
Published 6 months ago by sebastian

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars soul-destroyingly lovely, 25 May 2010
I was shocked to find, during Eddie's solo "I'm Not Saying A Word", that my eyes were brimming, and by the end I was sobbing like a four-year-old. And of course everybody laughed their heads off at me, but that's not the point.
This is easily the best musical I have ever seen, with beautiful songs and a very touching plotline. In other words, a typical Willy Russell. Long live Blood Brothers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a story of our times......, 14 Sep 2014
This review is from: Blood Brothers (Kindle Edition)
I've always loved Willy Russell's writing after studying 'Educating Rita' at high school and thought it was high time I got acquainted with his musical, which I was pleasantly surprised to learn he wrote the music as well as the lyrics and play! I bought the kindle version of the play and also downloaded the Blood Brothers album to get the full experience as I've never seen the musical before so when I came to a song in the play I listened to the track as well as reading the words simultaneously..... I was hooked right from the beginning. This is still a play for now even though the play in set in the 70's/80's as, unfortunately, the issues within this play resonates too loudly with our social issues of today. Loved it, Willy Russell you definitely didn't let me down!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Jun 2014
this is a very good play.
bought it for my school as this will really help the pupils.
it is easy for pupils to understand

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 May 2014
Mr. G. MARTINALE (Buckinghamshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blood Brothers (Kindle Edition)
Fast service. The product arrived in good time and in the condition described by the seller. Would use this again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty decent read., 10 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Blood Brothers (Kindle Edition)
I would recommend this book so much it's so good and never gets old no matter how many times you read it

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing made me cry!!!, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Blood Brothers (Kindle Edition)
Great stuff!!! But so sad :( doing this for drama cant wait to see the production seems really interesting to see

3.0 out of 5 stars Book, 13 Feb 2014
This book was bought for someone studying it at school, must of been some use as they passed their exams.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood Brothers, 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: Blood Brothers (Kindle Edition)
You can't go wrong with Willy Russell, I love his style. He is great at blending joy and tragedy with humour thrown in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Blood brothers, 11 Nov 2013
I needed this book for my gcse English it was a really nice book and a really good play was very easy to follow

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›