5.0 out of 5 stars Nowhere near as s*** as I thought it was going to be!
Published 15 months ago by Keanu

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but could have more depth
Its provocative, but could benefit from having more depth. More a manifesto than a serious work on what is an important subject.
Published 14 months ago by Mr. Ian Caldwell

5.0 out of 5 stars Nowhere near as s*** as I thought it was going to be!, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Business Reimagined: Why work isn't working and what you can do about it (Kindle Edition)
To be fair I did approach this book with fairly low expectations, however it is Dave Coplin and therefore the reader gets an articulate and witty discourse on why work isn't working. Dave writes in a concise clear style and engages the reader with the intention being both entertaining and thought provoking. At coming in under 100 pages I read it in one enjoyable gulp, noting the irony, that I was in an open plan office...sitting on the edge...monitor shielded....facing the herd!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dave's view on the future of business and how it will be done is inspired and a must read, 24 Sep 2013
Dave Coplin is one of the few people in today's world of IT who is a joy to listen to at a meeting or conference. His combination of insight into business and IT mixed with a fine sense of humour makes him as he puts it "a beardy weirdy guy" worth listening to as CEO of Microsoft - that's Chief Envisioning Officer.

Whilst much of what Dave says is just common sense and it is stuff we have all witnessed day to day at work but it is stuff we have failed to see the significance or joined the dots which he clearly has. The work smarter not harder cliché is something we all quote but we seldom do because none of wants to rail against technology in which we trust so completely.

I know for a fact that after reading Dave's book I will be reimagining how I use technology and do business as opposed to simply going on in the same way as I have since the 80's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 10 July 2013
Could not put this book down. Have just been reading it through the night. My mind is buzzing with ideas and questions about how I can reimagine my little bit of the world! Thanks Dave for a concise, clear and thought provoking read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Taylor would turn in his grave, 18 Jun 2013
Peter Bell (London, England) - See all my reviews
This is a worthwhile read for anyone running a company, leading a team or involved in management doctrine, after all we've waited more than 200 years for something to challenge Taylorism and here it is. If TQM made you weep and Six Sigma makes you want to stick your head in the oven to make the pain go away then this book will make a refreshing read.

The central notion is that the last decade of technology has put us in a situation where employees seek fulfilment as well as reward and the organisations that harness this will win out. With lots of pertinent examples to support this it makes for a thought provoking read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It !, 7 Dec 2013
Finally someone is writing sense about business. I have learned a lot from this book. I'd recommend this book for business students & Starters!

5.0 out of 5 stars Seminal read for the information age, 2 Dec 2013
I had the pleasure of seeing Dave Coplin doing a speaking slot at a Microsoft Event earlier this year. A fantastic speaker on the topic of thinking differently about how we do business in knowledge worker type roles - this book is very similar to his talk but goes into more detail.

Great that this book is free for the Kindle!

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth a read, 1 Nov 2013
some interesting thoughts on work and what it means, how it has changed and how it still needs to. if you've heard Dave speak then it's a great refresher on his thoughts

4.0 out of 5 stars How we have to change, 15 Oct 2013
A well written explanation of how and why we need to change the way we're working - I recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars We need more books like this one, 8 Sep 2013
'With everything they do in full view of everyone else, the employees in the middle of the office give up on creativity and settle for "productivity".'

It's time that we look at whether we really want to be working in the way we're working, that's the main idea in this book. And yet it's going to be hard, very hard, just to start thinking about how or why we should do this. That's where this book starts, looking at how the traditional workplace has evolved and how a handful of organisations and individuals are beginning to challenge it and find better ways of working (and by "better" I mean ways to make their business more successful and their people happier).

The book is indeed a manifesto, looking at the barriers and opportunities that technology has created to make a more flexible working life. Of course, technology is not enough and what we really need to be looking at is shifting our mindset.

The book is quite short - the Kindle version is free and the paperback is relatively cheap. Go on, have a look. See what you think.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value!, 16 July 2013
An interesting read with some different perspectives and great value as I was able to download the Kindle edition for free.