Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£12.99

on 3 November 2013
I love Shelina and love the recipes in this book but I've only attempted those with a photograph. I don't understand why any recipe book wouldn't have a photo for every page - how the food looks helps me to pick what to cook (it also helps me to determine if what I've done looks correct and how to present it). So, I like the book, but I am disappointed with lack of pics!
on 27 July 2013
Fabulous book. Wonderful recipes. Easy to follow and no weird and hard to find ingredients.I love the use of lime and chilli - spicy and refreshing at the same time.
on 11 January 2015
Really pleased with this purchase. Although Shelina's cooking style was more contemporary on Masterchef, this cookbook focuses on her routes, traditional Mauritian cookery (which in my mind is true fusion food). I loved the recipes, illustrations and descriptions, and I had been hunting for a decent Mauritian cookery book for a while - this didn't disappoint. I do hope that Shelina plans to follow with another book focusing on recipes similar to her wonderful creations on Masterchef!
on 9 July 2013
When i saw this book advertised in a magazine i knew i had to buy it and when it arrived i wasnt dissapointed. Have tried the Tandoori Chicken already and it was loverly and flavoursome with a bit of spice,trying the chicken fricassee tonight and really looking forward to it. A lot of the recipe's in the book seem very healthy which is good for me at the moment as im on the slimming world plan and a lot of the recipe's can be adapted for this.

Buy the book you wont be disappointed.
on 16 June 2014
We have enjoyed all of the recipes that we have tried from this book, our only problem is being unable to source some of the ingredients as we live in Spain and at least an hours drive from a main town. It is hard to pick a favourite, but the Pork and Lime is superb and the Manqgo desert. Although there are a lot of spices, the food is not hot just really flavoursome, I can't eat spicy food.
on 13 August 2013
Superb recipes clearly written & photographed , delighted to see gluten free identified against recipes in the index . Iwould recommend this book .
on 10 August 2013
I followed Shelina's progress on Masterchef and was delighted when she won. I was even more pleased when she started sharing her recipes on her facebook page before announcing the publication of this beautifully presented cook book. The recipes are clearly set out and easy to follow with plenty of attractive photographs of the finished dishes to help inspire and useful advice on essential ingredients, spices and techniques. Sunshine on a plate indeed!
on 28 July 2013
I lived in Mauritius for many years and now live in the UK.I am so glad about Selina 's book as now I can cook some of the fantastic,tasty ,spicy Mauritian meals as if I was still on the island!
Selina can make Mauritius proud and is a good ambassador for this beautiful island through her recipes easy to make even for beginners. Her recipes are easy to follow with everyday ingredients.
Bravo Selina!
on 10 January 2014
Rather disappointed - I really liked Shelina's very original and quite different cooking on Masterchef and expected more of the same in her book, but it appears to have be watered down in favour of blander, simpler recipies.
on 7 May 2014
So impressed with book, booked a holiday in Mauritius and even though, Im of the greyer community, lm getting married there, in November. My partner wanted to go to Las Vegas etc. My response was, "Everyone, goes to the States, lets go to Mauritius". She agreed; my family were seafarers from Ynys Mon, as far, as l know, nobody from the family has been to Mauritius. So looking forward to it, visiting the local markets and admiring the beautiful sea and skies.