1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Agua - Quest, hooped bivy., 11 Oct 2013
Spike (Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aqua-Quest 'The Hoopla' Waterproof & Ultra Light Bivy Bivouac - One Person Multi Season Shelter - Green Model (Sports)
One night camping on Stanton Moor (9-10-2013) with a tarp hide/wind break and i was cosy. There was condensation inside in the morning but not too much and my sleeping bag needed 10 minutes over a branch to dry the outside. The second night on the campsite just down the road and it was awful outside;there was swirling wind and heavy rain. I had more condensation in the morning but again my sleeping bag was ok and still warm. The condensation isn't running everywhere although i had a couple of drips hit my face on the second night. I used two sticks to lift the middle of the bivy with the two loops that are there. I don't know how the picture shown shows the bivy all "blown up" because my set up was nothing like that even with wind hitting the air inlet/outlet. This bivy is more for the wild campers who're camping away from other folk as getting dressed/undressed is best done outside. You can unzip the outer cover and fly cover down to get changed but this isn't good in heavy rain. I'm going to be using mine more in warmer and lighter nights and maybe next year up in Shetland for Simmer Dim. I certainly think that the middle needs lifting like i did with sticks but overall it's ok for the dedicated camper. I'm giving 4 stars because it's not perfect and has limited usage. Get a dry sack for your boots.... My old Treklite 200 is a better all rounder. The campsite was just for a comparison with the moor as i knew there was less cover...

ARRAY(0xad36906c)